RCL "Beach, Lunch, Shopping Tour" Mazatlan - Which Beach/Resort?

MrsBBuffalo

If anyone has taken the "Beach, lunch and Shopping tour" MZ04 in Mazatlan with Royal or X, can you tell me which resort beach you go to? Are chairs and an umbrella included for the beach? Is there a nice pool area? This is the tour that includes the folkloric show and flyers. Also what was for lunch and how was it, compared say to the lunch buffet back at the ship?

Considering this tour for our RCL Mariner sailing on 7/5/09.

As far as the food goes, anything has to be better than the buffet on the ship! Mazatlan is really easy to navigate on your own. Take a taxi to the golden zone for a little shopping. Then head to the El Cid for some beach and pool time. There are so many great restaurants to try that prepare fresh, made to order seafood and shrimp that were caught that day. I would never do a tour when you have so much time to "wing" it.

Although we have not done the tour through the ship we have done similar with both King Davids and Mazatlan Frank. I can understand wanting a structured tour and both these companies did a fine job. They are both reputable and their pricing is similar and much less than the ship. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your replies, and we have previous experience with M Frank, but we are attracted to the RESORT Beach aspect of this excursion and he does not take you to a resort with a pool, I don't believe.

So once again, does anyone know which resort hotel the Royal excursion goes to in Beach, Lunch and Shopping in Mazatlan?

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. My family has booked the same excursion with Carnival and it seems from the internet digging I've done that the resort is Playa Mazatlan. Of course I don't know for sure and I don't have any more info than that. Just thought I would give you that info, since no one else seems to be able to help you. I'd be happy to tell you when we get back, but we're not going to 7/12, which won't really help you much. ;)

Thank you, Love H2O! I am honored that you passed along that info in your very first post to CC! Welcome and may it be the first of many! :D

I will look up Playa Mazatlan just in case. I will try to ask the shore ex desk on board before we book and if you are right, then I will be all informed. We are waiting to book on board as we have an OBC to use. I also have to call Crown & Anchor, so I will try asking them as well. If I learn any more, I'll post back here.

Thanks again. :)

If anyone has taken the "Beach, lunch and Shopping tour" MZ04 in Mazatlan with Royal or X, can you tell me which resort beach you go to? Are chairs and an umbrella included for the beach? Is there a nice pool area? This is the tour that includes the folkloric show and flyers. Also what was for lunch and how was it, compared say to the lunch buffet back at the ship?

Considering this tour for our RCL Mariner sailing on 7/5/09.

I don't have the exact answer to your question, but I had the same type of question (which beach the Radiance goes to with their "resort beach excursion"). I actually emailed RCCL- you can find the exact email address through the RCCL web site, and asked them directly. They replied in less than a week, I think. Then, once I had the name of the beach, I asked around on this site for advice/opinions on the specific beach. Hope this helps you!!

Still confused, but . . . This is the message I received back from Royal:

Dear Guest,

Kindly note the tour is scheduled to go to Los Sabalos / Playa Mazatlan/ Las Flores Resort. However, please note this may be subject to change.

Thank You and Enjoy Your Cruise

Shore Excursions & Explorations! Department

Now I looked up those places and they appear to be three separate resorts. Los Sabalos is now the Ramada Resort Mazatlan, Las Flores is a smaller resort "directly across from Deer Island", and Playa Mazatlan is the larger better-known resort. On Google Maps, they appear to be spread out over about 1500 ft of the shoreline. I have no idea if this means they divide us up and send us to one of the three places according to our ticket/bus.

Are we any better off than we were before? :rolleyes:

Still confused, but . . . This is the message I received back from Royal:

Now I looked up those places and they appear to be three separate resorts. Los Sabalos is now the Ramada Resort Mazatlan, Las Flores is a smaller resort "directly across from Deer Island", and Playa Mazatlan is the larger better-known resort. On Google Maps, they appear to be spread out over about 1500 ft of the shoreline. I have no idea if this means they divide us up and send us to one of the three places according to our ticket/bus.

Are we any better off than we were before? :rolleyes:

I would imagine that everyone would go to the same location. Maybe they don't want to tell you a specific one, just in case there are other ships there at the same time????:confused:

Archived