Quiet spot on Summit Deck

DoniaG

Can anyone tell me of a spot somewhere on deck on Summit where I can find a relatively quiet shady (realizing shade depends on direction and time) spot with comfy lounges to use on sea days. The pool areas are always so crowded. I don't want to totally isolate myself on a balcony, but would like to avoid the yelling and splashing. If I could just read my book, watch the sea roll by, and maybe snooze a little, that would be heaven!

We have a sold out ship on June 15 - and it looks like there are many families and kids. How popular a spot is the thelassotherapy pool? That's my favorite spot - but it isn't very restful when really crowded.

I'm not anti-kids, other passengers, or anyone else. I'm just looking for a good place to rest up from the busy port days and get in shape for the next ones.

Thanks so your help.

Donia

We like to get away from the noise by the pool at times as well and this cruise is port-intensive so it is good to get away from the hustle and bustle when you're at sea. We were on Summit in the Med last summer and on sea days took the stair-way beside the Mast bar on Sunrise deck which overlooks the Waterfall Pool. We went right up as high as we could at the front of the ship and there were nearly always loungers available and it was pretty quiet. It was also a great vantage point for the sail into Venice. From what I can remember, you could get out of the sun at either side of the deck, depending on the direction of sail as you said.

Donia,

I think I read somewhere the pool is 18 and above, so maybe not so many kids there either. Plus I think it is covered which most people will want to be out tanning on sea days. I know Brad and Zoe plan on laying by the pool to tan so that's where the older teens will be too.

Ciao,

Liz

Best time at the T pool is early, before the crowds--I find after awhile the sound gets to be too much! but that are plenty of niches & spots you will enjoy--esp if you are willing to be away from the main pool area in the sun...

Deck 4 is usually quiet and the chair loungers with cushions are great for reading.

SSSHHHH! Keep this a secret! We usually take an oceanview cabin, so I look for a quiet spot on deck too. Deck 4 is my favourite. You can easily cross to either side to be in sun or shade. Some loungers are there, and hardly ever anyone using them. So peaceful to watch the sea, and read a book. I think it's perfect.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, deck 4 is the best. The only problem is that it is sometimes closed when they are doing maintenance. Since it is not wraparound, there are not even walkers making the rounds (I would be one of them if it was.)

Archived