Question for Dutchby Association

dulcetto

hello dba,

i thought i would just ask my question on this thread if nobody minds.

i'm sure you've read and heard all the complaints about pier 91 in seattle. do you know if HAL and Princess have the influence and power to get some needed changes done to alliviate the traffice congestion between embarking and disembarking passengers? are there changes in the works to improve this situation on a weekly basis? or does the port of seattle just do what they want without really taking passengers needs into consideration? any input you can share would be greatly appreciated. of course, like all new facilities, there are growing pains.

hello dba,

i thought i would just ask my question on this thread if nobody minds.

i'm sure you've read and heard all the complaints about pier 91 in seattle. do you know if HAL and Princess have the influence and power to get some needed changes done to alliviate the traffice congestion between embarking and disembarking passengers? are there changes in the works to improve this situation on a weekly basis? or does the port of seattle just do what they want without really taking passengers needs into consideration? any input you can share would be greatly appreciated. of course, like all new facilities, there are growing pains.

The portion I put in red is definitely a factor, but I would like to point out that I was on the Amsterdam April 24-27 which included the first two times a ship was at the pier, and while we saw a few things that could be done a little better, overall it was fine.

I was also there a couple weeks later and we had already noticed a few improvements with regard to traffic congestion, etc. Getting there is no problem, and the only issues and slowdowns are once you take the exit from the Magnolia Bridge.

To answer your specific question, I believe it's a joint venture between the lines and the port authority, but I am certain that in a debate the Port of Seattle has the final say.

Hi DBA

Hopefully by then they will have corrected the incorrect website itineraries for Ryandam & Statendam for the SB Grand Tours 27 & 28 for 2010 the NB itineraries are correct, the SB have the correct diagram of travel but wrong written itinerary,my TA has mentioned this a couple of times to them but it has not been corrected,

Many Thanks

Sail and Lazey -

This brochure JUST came oput at the HQ which means it will likely be a couple weeks for them to upload the full thing onto the website.

:)

Thanks DBA. I will be checking the website everyday until the Americas brochure posts.:)

Archived