Confused on Funpass and S&S card.

holdon216

:confused:

Three of us are cruising in July. Boyfriend, his son, and myself. Do we each need a Funpass?? I printed them out but seeing they have all our names on each one do we all need to have our own??

Which made me start thinking about the S&S cards. We will each have our own. That i get. But, will they have only our own name on them?? I used my own credit card when filling out the funpass info on the computer. Boyfriend used his own for he and his son.

Will we have two seperate S&S "charges" onboard?? Mine and then his and his sons?? That is the way i assumed it would be. THANKS ALL!!!!

When you show up to check in you will have to show the credit cards at that time (when you filled out the fun pass you didnt put in the whole number). The charges will go to whichever credit card was used for each person when you filled out the fun pass. I do mine for my sister who doesnt handle money. I check the box that she doesnt have charging privledges so nothing can get on there even by mistake, everything is charged to my account, except her tips which still get added to the overall charge.

Each card is separate and handled as such when the charges post.

THANK YOU. Believe it or not i have sailed twice before but not since 2003. I wanted to pre pay my tips yesterday using a 100.00 credit i have from that 2003 cruise. Then we were going to charge the other two gratuities on my boyfriends credit card. The Carnival agent said i could not do that over the phone but we could do it when we got onboard. She said that we would have to pre pay ALL or NONE of the tips by phone. Made NO sense to me at all. Thats what had me wondering.

I read a review about a month ago where someone had only printed out one fun pass and had 4 people. The two people not named on the fun pass were not permitted to enter the terminal (cruise) without the funpass with their name on it. They did get it taken care of but not without a hassle. So, print the # of fun passes it takes to have all the names listed. This may be just one fun pass per cabin, but I'm not sure. Just make sure everyone's name is printed.

I usually print one for every person just in case. I prefer overkill to being unprepared.

Everyone will get a Sail & Sign card when you check in at the cruise terminal. If you set up separate credit cards, then you will be charging to your card and BF and son will be charging to his card. You will each get a Sail & Sign bill and it will go on your separate credit cards.

:confused:

Three of us are cruising in July. Boyfriend, his son, and myself. Do we each need a Funpass?? I printed them out but seeing they have all our names on each one do we all need to have our own??

Which made me start thinking about the S&S cards. We will each have our own. That i get. But, will they have only our own name on them?? I used my own credit card when filling out the funpass info on the computer. Boyfriend used his own for he and his son.

Will we have two seperate S&S "charges" onboard?? Mine and then his and his sons?? That is the way i assumed it would be. THANKS ALL!!!!

sounds like you have it all covered and correct. just make sure every step is completed on the check list for the fun pass.

you can fix it so the boyfriends son does or does not have signing priv. we always let the grandkids have that right so they can feel important when they sign their name to a charge.

THANK YOU. Believe it or not i have sailed twice before but not since 2003. I wanted to pre pay my tips yesterday using a 100.00 credit i have from that 2003 cruise. Then we were going to charge the other two gratuities on my boyfriends credit card. The Carnival agent said i could not do that over the phone but we could do it when we got onboard. She said that we would have to pre pay ALL or NONE of the tips by phone. Made NO sense to me at all. Thats what had me wondering.

I responded to yesterday's post and told you that each of you could set up your own credit card on separate accounts ? :confused:

Archived