Flights from Barcelona

jp45atcc

With Brilliance of the Seas scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 6 a.m. Oct. 25, is it too risky to book a flight to DC at 9:15? RC says it's ok to book for 10 and after, but not before. It seems like every airline schedules flights around then. There's a flight at 1:30 or so, and I'm inclined to wait. Any advice? Thanks!

We're tentatively booked with Iberia, and some of the comments have me wondering if that's smart.

Despite all the questions, my wife, daughter and I are really excited about this adventure.

I think it is fair to assume that the cruise line did not make up the 10 am guideline using a dart board. :)

You certainly can make a 9:15 flight. However, if you miss it, the carrier would be under no obligation to provide any assistance. You could be forced to pay full fare for the flight home.

Why not take Iberia's 10 am or 10:45 flight to MAD .. aren't you scheduled to for flight that arrives at 7:45 pm at IAD?

Incidentally, if your flight from BCN is #6755 it has been moved up to 9:10. :)

With Brilliance of the Seas scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 6 a.m. Oct. 25, is it too risky to book a flight to DC at 9:15? RC says it's ok to book for 10 and after, but not before. It seems like every airline schedules flights around then. There's a flight at 1:30 or so, and I'm inclined to wait. Any advice? Thanks!

We're tentatively booked with Iberia, and some of the comments have me wondering if that's smart.

Despite all the questions, my wife, daughter and I are really excited about this adventure.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. We are flying out of Barcelona after our cruise on the Brilliance with a flight time of 9:40 am. What I have read so far indicates this should not be a problem.

Now that you have joined Cruise Critic you can join the Roll Call for your sailing and "meet" some of your fellow passengers.

Here is the link to your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=740624

Kathy

We are sailing on RCI Voyager and scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 6am with flight to UK at 10.30am.

Do you think we are safe enough with times and roughly what time would we need to disembark?

Many thanks,

:) x

Assuming you are flying out of of BCN (and not Girona which some low cost airlines pretend is Barcelona) you should make your flight without a problem.

With Brilliance of the Seas scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 6 a.m. Oct. 25, is it too risky to book a flight to DC at 9:15? RC says it's ok to book for 10 and after, but not before.

Personally, I'd book a later flight. I'd rather spend two or three hours waiting in the airport than my entire cruise worrying if there will be any delays at disembarkation.

Just returned home from Barcelona last night. We had an 11 am flight. We were the first color called and were off the ship by 7 am, had no trouble at all getting a cab to the airport. At that time of the morning the lines at the airport were not long at all. We were through security and at the gate by 8:30 at the latest. This was my first experience in Barcelona so I don't know if it is typical or if we were luckly.

I think you need to verify what time you have to check in at the airport. If you have a 9:15 AM flight and you have to be there two hours in advance since it is an international flight (it's always helpful if you provide the flight information details) that means you have to be at the airport by 7:15 AM. And, if you are only getting in at 6:00 AM that is a problem.

On top of that what else can go wrong? The ship is delayed? You can't find all of your luggage right away? And the list goes on.

Honestly, if it was me I just would not do it.

Life is short. There is no sense spending part of the cruise wondering if you will make it and having to push your way off the ship. My advice, take the later flight.

Keith

Does anyone know where Ocean Princess will be docking in Livorno? Hoping for the port right in town.

You are posting in the wrong forum; this is the cruise air forum. Go to the roll call for your sailing and perhaps someone can answer this for you.

Archived