Cruise refund

trams

I have to-day returned from a Baltic cruise aboard Saga Rose. Due to mechanical failure we were only able to visit three of the seven ports originaly planned.

SAGA have offered 25% discount on a future cruise as compensation.

What do seasoned cruisers think, is this a reasonable amount or should I demand more?:confused:

That sounds reasonable. I missed 3½ posts on a cruise with P&O in 2007, admittedly due to weather rather than mechanical breakdown, and all we got was £150 OBC if we booked another cruise. There is usually something in the samll print anyway, that no ports are guaranteed.

I have to-day returned from a Baltic cruise aboard Saga Rose. Due to mechanical failure we were only able to visit three of the seven ports originaly planned.

SAGA have offered 25% discount on a future cruise as compensation.

What do seasoned cruisers think, is this a reasonable amount or should I demand more?:confused:

Personally, I don't think it's fair. It presumes (and requires) that you will take another cruise with them. What if you cannot/don't want to? It only works if you really want to cruise with them again, otherwise it is an useless offer.

• 3 weeks later...

You could always file a Small Claims Court action, which can be done easily and cheaply. I think you are justified in asking for a complete refund, as your vacation time, flight, etc. was wasted by only seeing a few ports. Some settlements also include the cost of your flight. Just keep writing them letters and demanding more.

Did you go on the ship? If you did, you got your meals, room, entertaiment, ect. If you buy a cruise, that is what you get. You had your holiday on the sea. OK, it wasn't what you wanted - but I am sure your ticket has all the stuff SHIPS CAT said about the small print and that no ports are guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
You could always file a Small Claims Court action, which can be done easily and cheaply. I think you are justified in asking for a complete refund, as your vacation time, flight, etc. was wasted by only seeing a few ports. Some settlements also include the cost of your flight. Just keep writing them letters and demanding more.

You need to read the Cruise Contract. On most cruise lines the ports are never guaranteed.

Archived