Quarantine on board the Dream

650cs

Well, I need to come back to this post if I want to resist holiday goodies!:eek:

All kidding aside: The Infection Control Nurse at my work prohibits staff/residents in using the pool/hot tub if they've had "the runs" in the last 24 hours. This can also be a culprit of gastro-intestinal problems, even with pool chlorination.

A doctors office in Atlanta had a sign on their restroom mirror that went something like, "sing Happy Birthday To YOU - twice - as you are continually washing your hands!". I've got my grand kids all doing that and they think it's fun...plus they get a darn good washing done in the process.

A doctors office in Atlanta had a sign on their restroom mirror that went something like, "sing Happy Birthday To YOU - twice - as you are continually washing your hands!".
I do this. But I was told to sing it once. It takes about 15 seconds to sing the Happy Birthday song. Not only do my hands get clean but it reminds me of who has a birthday coming up. ;)

This was posted on the CDC website today:

On December 10, Norwegian Cruise Line reported an increased number of cases of gastrointestinal (GI) illness on the cruise ship, Norwegian Dream, for the voyage completed on December 12, 2004, (sailing dates: 12/05-12/12/2004) in New Orleans, LA.

On December 12, VSP staff boarded the ship in New Orleans to conduct a vessel inspection, consult with onboard medical staff, observe cleaning and disinfection procedures, and distribute a survey to determine the cause of illness and make recommendations. Passengers surveys indicated that 132 (7.55%) of 1749 passengers experienced gastrointestinal illness symptoms. The ship reported that 9 of 744 crew reported gastrointestinal illness symptoms.

The vessel underwent extensive cleaning and disinfection. Norwegian Cruise Line is providing updates to VSP. Stool specimens were collected.

Of course, many more passengers were ill but they did not report their illness.

Why don't we all get our Hepititis boosters up to date and take a RX for penicillian with us!! :rolleyes:

We come across this stuff in our every day life. Who hasn't eaten at a self severe buffet or the salad bar a Pizza Hut. It's all the same, if we all use the same precautions as we do everyday, there should not be a problem. Everyone gets sick now and then, even with the best of hand washings!!

Just use common sense and you should be OK, relax and have a great cruise.

Besides, If I'm going to be sick I would rather be sick with an ocean view! ;)

This was posted on the CDC website today:

On December 10, Norwegian Cruise Line reported an increased number of cases of gastrointestinal (GI) illness on the cruise ship, Norwegian Dream, for the voyage completed on December 12, 2004, (sailing dates: 12/05-12/12/2004) in New Orleans, LA.

On December 12, VSP staff boarded the ship in New Orleans to conduct a vessel inspection, consult with onboard medical staff, observe cleaning and disinfection procedures, and distribute a survey to determine the cause of illness and make recommendations. Passengers surveys indicated that 132 (7.55%) of 1749 passengers experienced gastrointestinal illness symptoms. The ship reported that 9 of 744 crew reported gastrointestinal illness symptoms.

The vessel underwent extensive cleaning and disinfection. Norwegian Cruise Line is providing updates to VSP. Stool specimens were collected.

Of course, many more passengers were ill but they did not report their illness.

where exactly did you find this on the CDC site?

Denise

Archived