Supper Clubs changing/closing?

patrice1

I'm hearing that CCL will be closing the Supper Clubs and possibly changing to Steak Houses 'a la' Princess. We have been really looking forward to at least 2 nights at the Supper Club on our November Miracle cruise. I'm also hearing early fall for the timing putting it right at our 11/4 cruise. Does anyone have any more info on this? We wouldn't mind the Steak House, as long as the down time between closing & opening the new resturant wasn't on our cruise!:rolleyes: Anyone in the know?:confused:

As early as last July on Legend (Sean Bussey CD) kept correcting themselves when referring to it as a Steakhouse vs. Supperclub.

Is it possible it is just a name change due to the removal of live music? Supper Club infers dinner & entertainment historically.

Think the Reviewer may have misunderstood.

My impression is it was simply a branding thing...

YMMV

As early as last July on Legend (Sean Bussey CD) kept correcting themselves when referring to it as a Steakhouse vs. Supperclub.

Is it possible it is just a name change due to the removal of live music? Supper Club infers dinner & entertainment historically.

Think the Reviewer may have misunderstood.

My impression is it was simply a branding thing...

YMMV

I agree. They are, in reality, a steakhouse to begin with. On my last wonderful evening on Liberty in January, there wasn't any music...or, it started way after our party left....that was about 10:30 or so. Frankly, the intimate atmosphere of those fine places don't need any music or dancing. Wonderful place for leisurely dining and fine conversation....

I agree with Mach...more likely a rebrand to take away the image of live music and dancing...which really isn't needed.

In reality, they have always been steak houses. The menu heavily favors beef.

They are not closing or changing. If fact, they're tremendously successful!!!

:)

Hey Mach...Was just on the Glory for a week with the women who oversees the supper clubs/steakhouses (LOL) for Carnival. She was telling me that they are very successful. She was also very nice and have heard from her several times since that cruise. She was a pleasure and so was Tiz the hostess that runs that venue......;)

I just heard this mentioned today on this review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997395

I enjoy the Supper Clubs and am looking forward to enjoying Nick & Nora's when we cruise in Oct, I hope they don't do away with them.

You will love the view/decor of Nick and Nora's. We never took the time to eat there; but it was really cool the way they set the room up.

BTW - This link will explain the Theme of each Public Room on The Miracle! http://www.wheretogonext.com/releases/2003_11_4_Fictional_Icons_Inspire.php

I emailed John Heald to ask him about this.

Here's his response:

Mate

We changed the number of dancers in January to allow for the addition of two G Force entertainers. ..fun force as they are now called.

There are zero plans to close the supper clubs at all. We have changed the name to the Pinnacle Steak house on the Splendor but its the same menu . The supper clubs remain as is.....I promise

J

So, the supper club/steak houses stay and the number of entertainers stays the same... just a slightly different distribution.

Well I heard directly from Gerry Cahill himself, they are not closing. :D

Just because someone on the internet claims something and references some source does not make it true. :rolleyes:

Half the posts on this board are refuting rumors started on this board...LOL :cool:

Well I heard directly from Gerry Cahill himself, they are not closing. :D

Just because someone on the internet claims something and references some source does not make it true. :rolleyes:

Half the posts on this board are refuting rumors started on this board...LOL :cool:

Ain't that the truth, Paulie...

;)

He he he - let's started a new rumor then!

Carnival is making a new inexpensive room catergory. It's called the 0A. Half the size of 1A. There will be 2 hammocks and a toilet and sink. No shower. Will have to go to the spa and pay per shower.

Starting price - $99

:D

Ok, I know I'm bad. But I thought it was funny!

Ain't that the truth, Paulie...

;)

It seems to have become a game of "let's make something up and see what happens". :rolleyes:

Well I heard from my neighbor who it second cousins to the girl who dates the son of Gerry Cahill's secretary's mechanic, that to cut costs you now have to wash your own dishes after dinner in the dinning room.

Do you think more people will now use the buffet? :p

He he he - let's started a new rumor then!

Carnival is making a new inexpensive room catergory. It's called the 0A. Half the size of 1A. There will be 2 hammocks and a toilet and sink. No shower. Will have to go to the spa and pay per shower.

Starting price - $99

:D

Ok, I know I'm bad. But I thought it was funny!

That works for me! Where do I sign up? :D

It seems to have become a game of "let's make something up and see what happens". :rolleyes:

Well I heard from my neighbor who it second cousins to the girl who dates the son of Gerry Cahill's secretary's mechanic, that to cut costs you now have to wash your own dishes after dinner in the dinning room.

Do you think more people will now use the buffet? :p

Yeah... you're right.

I can't figure out why folks seem so intent on hammering Carnival over rumors... I don't know if it happens on other cruise line forums as the only other one I watch is Cunard but BOY there's a bunch of it here!!!

:eek:

I hope they stay supper clubs with music and dancing. That is unique and would draw me to them. Plenty of steakhouses in my hometown.

Some of the supper clubs have lost their live music but there's still music and a dance floor...

Starting price - $99

!

I think this is a great option for families cruising with teens. Do you know if these rooms will have the same tipping requirements as rooms with beds and baths? I wonder if full fuel surcharges will apply. ;)

I think this is a great option for families cruising with teens. Do you know if these rooms will have the same tipping requirements as rooms with beds and baths? I wonder if full fuel surcharges will apply. ;)

No tipping required......

No bedding, so there will be no need for a room steward. A toilet brush and Comet will be provided for any spot cleaning you feel needs to be handled.

Blankets and pillows will be extra (hey why not? the airlines nickle and dime ya).

Dinner arrangements are buffet only. No main dining room. Of course you can pay a "dining surcharge" if you wish to dine with the rest of the folks.

Pretty much you can pay a "surcharge" for anything that comes standard with the 4A's and up catergories.

Fuel surcharge must stay - as your butt is in a cabin an utlizing fuel.

Happy RyanCruising ;)

Yeah... you're right.

I can't figure out why folks seem so intent on hammering Carnival over rumors... I don't know if it happens on other cruise line forums as the only other one I watch is Cunard but BOY there's a bunch of it here!!!

:eek:

Hey Mach,

It happens on other boards too. Spent a little time on the RCI board when I was considering a cruise on Mariner, and its the same way over there!

Hey Mach,

It happens on other boards too. Spent a little time on the RCI board when I was considering a cruise on Mariner, and its the same way over there!

Hummm... I don't know if that's good news or bad...

:confused:

That other thread was started by me and I feel like I should clarify... In no way did I think I was starting a rumor. We went to Nick and Nora's on the Miracle on the 29th for my mom's birthday and it was fantastic. In fact, this was our third time at the Miracle's supper club and we have regularly enjoyed them on other Carnival ships as well. The next day our head waiter asked us about how we liked it and told us that they were going to be replaced with something that resembled more of a steakhouse (which really confused me because isn't that what they primarily serve in the first place???) because with the current menu they are losing more money then they are gaining. I posted that because while I was off in lalaland disconnected from the world and cruise critic and having a wonderful time on the Miracle, I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything because we love the supper club and would hate to see it go!

Archived