Capilano Bridge to Grouse Mountain?

We will be in Vancouver for two days. My plan is Stanley Park, aquarium, and Gastown first day. Second day, Capilano and Grouse Mt. (if good weather) - but I can't figure out how to get from bridge to mountain. How far apart are they? and would I be able to easily get a taxi between the two? Will be staying at Pan Pacific and just planned on taxi, and HOHO. Are there any water taxi's to any of these? I've been to Vancouver twice, beautiful city. Thanks again.

The Grouse Mountain Skyride Station is only a short distance up Capilano Road from the Suspension Bridge (not walking distance) however you can just hop on the city public bus right outside the Capilano Suspension Bridge and ride it up to Grouse Mountain.

You can actually do this day via public transit for a cost of $9. pp for a Day Pass on the bus system. Leave your hotel the Pan Pacific and turn right walk to the Sea Bus Station (a block away) there buy an All Day Pass for our bus/transit system and then board the Sea Bus which will take you accross the harbor to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. This is a public Market and fun to walk around. Exit the market and board the Capilano Road Bus ride it to the Capilano Suspension Bridge....ask the driver to tell you when you are there so that you can get off.

Once you have enjoyed the bridge reboard the same bus and continue up to Grouse Mountain.

At the end of your fun filled day just retrace your route.

You could phone for a taxi but you may have to wait for a while for it; the transit bus would be the best option. A taxi from the Pan Pacific to the CSB will run about $25. From your hotel you can just walk 100 paces east to the Waterfront transit station and take the SeaBus across the harbour. At the Londsdale Quay terminal you simply transfer to a #236 - Grouse Mountain bus. Here is a transit planing link that may help you.

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning&.s={$SID}

If you know where you're going, you really are better off on the city transit system. Much much much more service than HOHOs in the downtown/stanleypark/Gastown area. And from the Pan Pacific, SeaBus takes you to the north shore and an easy connect to a bus that serves Capilano/Grouse Mountain.

http://translink.bc.ca/

Their journey planner is excellent, for example type in;

FROM: Waterfront Station (which is next door to the Pan Pacific)

TO: Grouse Mountain

Departing From: 10:31a - WATERFRONT STN SEABUS NORTHBOUND

On Route: "SEABUS NORTHBOUND"

Travelling To: 10:43a - LONSDALE QUAY SEABUS NORTHBOUND

Transfer At: 10:47a - LONSDALE QUAY BAY 8

On Route: "236 GROUSE MOUNTAIN"

Arriving At: 11:08a - GROUSE MOUNTAIN SKYRIDE

And, FYI, the #236 bus goes right past Capilano Suspension Bridge (it's one of the stops) and runs every 15 minutes.

Cost for this two zone trip is $3.75 (which is a 90 minute ticket), or as PD pointed out, you can buy a day pass (get it from the newsstand you can't buy at a regular ticket machine) for $9

We will be in Vancouver for two days. My plan is Stanley Park, aquarium, and Gastown first day. Second day, Capilano and Grouse Mt. (if good weather) - but I can't figure out how to get from bridge to mountain. How far apart are they? and would I be able to easily get a taxi between the two? Will be staying at Pan Pacific and just planned on taxi, and HOHO. Are there any water taxi's to any of these? I've been to Vancouver twice, beautiful city. Thanks again.

This has all been posted before go to Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain

It was beautiful and warm up on Grouse today - the view was okay - there is some haze from the inversion that we are having but you still got a good view - the bears were out and putting on a show for the assembled folks - over 200 school kids were due on the mountain today as this is the time of year that the educational trips take place - there is still snow on the mountain BUT all the attractions and the paths getting to them are snow free - the new peak chair will take you up to the top of Grouse Peak where the views are even more stunning - that trip is included with your admission ticket. The lumberjack show was on - have seen it a number of times and the act hasn't changed much.

I will be updating my blog with some pictures from today and will repost the link when I get it done.

The trip up/down the mountain is 8 minutes long in case you are wondering how long it will take to get up the mountain.

Cheers

Dennis

I used a mini tour bus that also included the fish hatchery. we had plenty of time at each place with door to door service. it was well worth the cost as it included all entery prices.

public bus's are finme but sometimes i like the easy planned way.

Sounds great - do you remember the company name?

no! but the hotel called them small buses and set me up. it held about 20-25 and we wre like 12 or 14 so it was great. We were picked up at 2 pm or so at each hotel. then we went up the mts. fish, bridge and then the big mts. warm when we started out but cooled down fast so bring a sweater or sweatshirt.

Might be Land and Sea tours as they use the smaller mini-bus for most of their tours.

Here's a link to there web site - one of my employees at my last workplace was driving for this company on a part time basis but don't know if he is still with them.

http://www.vancouvertours.com/

In looking thru their website - their North Shore tour stops at the Fish Hatchery

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

The Grouse Mountain Skyride Station is only a short distance up Capilano Road from the Suspension Bridge (not walking distance) however you can just hop on the city public bus right outside the Capilano Suspension Bridge and ride it up to Grouse Mountain.

You can actually do this day via public transit for a cost of $9. pp for a Day Pass on the bus system. Leave your hotel the Pan Pacific and turn right walk to the Sea Bus Station (a block away) there buy an All Day Pass for our bus/transit system and then board the Sea Bus which will take you accross the harbor to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. This is a public Market and fun to walk around. Exit the market and board the Capilano Road Bus ride it to the Capilano Suspension Bridge....ask the driver to tell you when you are there so that you can get off.

Once you have enjoyed the bridge reboard the same bus and continue up to Grouse Mountain.

At the end of your fun filled day just retrace your route.

BCHappyGal -

You have made me a HappyGuy. I will be at the Pan Pacific in Sept., prior to our Hawaii cruise, and wanted to do Capilano Bridge/Grouse Mountain & the Seabus...sounds like I can tie them all together in one day trip, GREAT!

Hey - have you ever eaten at Heron's at Canada Place?

The other day in Vancouver I thought I would check-out Wreck Beach, and ride the Skytrain....

Whaddayathink?

"I would check-out Wreck Beach"

For some reason us locals forget about this popular tourist attraction - for those who don't know what we are referring to - Wreck Beach is Vancouver's legal clothing optional beach. It does require a steep stairway down to the ocean and isn't recommended for swimming but you can sure get a complete body tan.

Cheers

Dennis

Ut, is nudity now legal at Wreck Beach or is a blind eye still just turned to the matter...knowing there is nowhere to place the citation....so to speak?;)

It's Legal. In BC the law allows for specifically sanctioned nude beaches. The two I can think of are Wreck and Prior Lake (Victoria)

Archived