Any Gift Ideas for our TA?

AZjohn

There is a group of us who want to get our TA a few cruise gifts for her upcoming cruise on the Noordam next month. We have a budget of around $300 and wanted to ask if anyone had some unique ideas. I have the HAL gift list in front of me but wondering if there is something not listed that we can pre-purchase for her. Like internet minutes or something else. She is a sweetheart and we want to put a little smile on her face:D.

Thanks,

John

It may be a little unimaginative, but you could simply buy OBCs to use on whatever she likes ... including internet time. Anything unused would be given to her in cash at the end.

I agree with John (jtl513) about the OBC, although Ruth's idea of flowers is nice, too. But it's great to have OBC that you can use in so many different ways.

With a budget of $300, they can do both.

That is such a nice idea...so many people are bashing their poor TA. It's really very very thoughtful of you to want to do something nice for him/her! I'm sure he/she will appreciate - beyond your wildest expecatations - the thought that goes behind what you give.

I'd like to add: DON'T buy wine unless you really KNOW what she likes! Several times we have been gifted wine that we had no use for. We just left it the cabin, hoping someone would use it sometime.

JMHO -- had flowers on my last cruise, and I really spent more time moving them than enjoying them. I've given flowers as bon voyage gifts in the past and won't do it again. The space issues become apparent when there's a bouquet in the cabin. But they would be a lovely gesture, especially if she's in a larger cabin!

I love the idea that you're doing this!

Thanks to all of you. It still feels good when something new comes up I can still ask you all for help. I will go with the flowers (can’t go wrong with giving a women that, and they have a SC cabin), wine card, Pinnacle, and OBC. Never would have thought about OBC for someone else, it’s always about me getting OBC:p (lol).

Thanks again gang!

John

I like the flowers idea, but if you know something about what your travel agent likes when she travels, perhaps by things she has recommended to you, you can give a more focused version of an OBC, such as a spa treatment or dinner at a specialty restaurant or pre-paid cabana (if she's going to HMC and they will allow that, I'm not sure). Another alternative is a welcome-back bouquet or restaurant gift card since returning from a great cruise can be a real let-down and a nice surprise might be appreciated then.

For my parents, I bought the 20 dollar flowers from the HAL site (I think it was like the Anchors Away or something). Mom said they were the most beautiful flowers ever and she wasn't lying to make me feel good! They lasted for the entire 2 week cruise and were still good. She hated leaving htem!

OK gang, how about this:

Roses $44

Wine card $41

Pinnacle Grill for family of 3 $60

OBC $200

Think this would make her happy?

Thanks,

John

This seems to cover everything.. What a great idea, and very generous of your group. It will be a lovely surprise, and with all the different "bits", will be remembered for the whole cruise...

:D:D:D

Archived