The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

Nicole: I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and thank God for a wonderful sister who looks out for you! Don't rush that review. Take care of yourself. We'll be here whenever you're ready. I have your blog in my favorites too and have gone back to the very beginning a couple of times. We can hold out until you're 100%.

Take care!

Glad you're finally getting better Nicole. I was beginning to wonder if you were still with us. I was about to PM Stephanie and ask her about you. Anyway, can't wait to read the last two parts.

Nicole: So sorry you are not feeling so well but glad that you are improving. Thanks to Stephanie for taking care of her sister! Take your time healing and I am soooooo looking forward to the final chapters of your review.

Wow Nicole....I've been wondering if everything was ok. I thought it was the Milton Bradley/Lou Piniella news that was keeping you away!!

Feel better and come back soon.

I'm glad you have Nurse Stephanie to take care of you. Tell her to give you tea and scones.

Totally off topic..but where do you get your clothes? You have great style!!

Thanks! The "easy" answer is anywhere and everywhere. When I was in college, I made my pocket money by writing fashion articles for a newspaper in Chicago and through that, I was introduced to SO many little boutiques that have such fun clothes. I shop a lot at shopping events (like Shecky's and GenArt...I got the tunic I wore to Nick and Nora's at Shecky's Girls Night Out) when they're in Chicago, which is about four times a year. I get most of my basics at Old Navy and the bulk of the rest of my clothes at Gap, Forever 21, Nordstrom and Target.

Thanks. I was sort of joking about the baby, but I agree that it pays off to do your research rather than turn up expecting everyone to accommodate your every wish. I have also heard that the staff at Carnival are great with kids and very helpful generally. I have done a bit of research on what to bring for a baby, what to avoid etc. I'm glad that the babysitting service is good. Most mothers would probably think that I'm crazy and selfish for travelling with a 6 month old child but after reading a lot, I believe is doable. Now, thanks so much for the tip about the inflatable little pool. What a fantastic idea! That way he can be with us on deck. I'll keep him on the shade though. I knew about the bath/shower etc. If DH hasn't messed up, I believe our cabin has a bath but I will make sure we double check. He chose one of the expensive ones mainly because of the baby, a balcony so that we could go and relax when he's napping and yeah, the bath. I hope he hasn't paid over the odds for something that we haven't got. Wouldn't surprise me though.

And yeah, I agree with everyone else, love your dresses and your mum's and sister's too. I quite like dressing up myself although I like the freedom of being able to do one of the other on normal nights but yeah, I look forward to formal evenings also.

Thanks! It's my favorite dress :)

All suites (Cat. 11 and 12) have bath tubs. I don't know if I have a pic of the suite we had on our first trip on the Miracle (6168...fantastic room, fantastic location), but I'll check.

Your review and photos are wonderful, fun, and much appreciated.

And yes, the black dress looks wonderful on you (although I have NO idea what a bubble hem is, lol. :))

The photo of the moonlight over the ocean is really great -- one I would have loved to have taken, but my camera wouldn't do it, so thanks for sharing. (I just may have to "borrow" it for my Carnival album.)

I keep looking for Grandma, but I'm guessing she won't have her picture taken (like my grandma).

Anyway, thanks for the great review. I've enjoyed my Carnival cruises and your review brings back great memories.

And I laughed my butt off on the photo of you ironing your hair while your eyes were glued to the TV for your baseball game. You Go Girl!! :D

Feel free to borrow it! I took it for Stephanie because she couldn't get it with her camera.

And thanks for all the compliments :)

Hi Nicole!!

I hope you are doing better!!

I would like to go to chicago again, only been once, and we went to this huge shopping mall!!! for the life of me, I can't think of the name of it!!! But hopefully we will go next year sometime!!!

I even added you to my favorites! How about a picture of the elusive Grandma??

Thanks...and...we'll see ;)

Nicole,

WONDERFUL review! The best I have ever seen written. Please let Stephanie know I will travel with her and go to all the beaches with her! That is what I love about cruises, swimming, snorkeling anything with water. Must agree with other posters love your dresses and your style, and the shoe's:D. I must admit when I travel I only bring 4 pairs.(I am more of a tom boy)

Kathy

Thanks! And I'll let her know ;) She's always trying to convince Mom to go in the water with her because she knows I won't LOL. Now, if only I could find someone to go on historical tours with me!

Hi Nicole Stephanie Mom And Grandma

Nicole I love to read your review it simply wonderful. You see we were on the April 30 cruise of the Mircale. Somehow we lost our camera with all the picture in it. Seeing yours was so great.

I love your dressing. If you could tell me wear you both them.

Keep up the great work.

We are book for the next Mircale on the May 15 2010 out of NY going to Grand Trur and the Bahamas Would love to have you and your family join us.

Again thanks for the great review.

Maryann

Thanks, Maryann!

My first dress is from DEB, and I think my second one might be, too, but it's a few years old and I don't remember anymore!

I'm about to read Part 10. Yay! You're going to my favorite place next- Disney! I'll be sure to to follow that blog.

We're pretty excited! I love Disney (probably because I was 13 the first time I went there and since then, I can never get enough!) and we're super excited to be there for opening week at the new hotel :)

I don't want this "cruise" to end but I am anxiously awaiting installment 11! Could you not go to Disneyland(I'm not crazy about amusementparks)but take another cruise instead in August?LOL

Diane

For what we're paying for Disney, we could probably take two cruises in interior rooms :eek: It's always weird now traveling and NOT going on a cruise, though.

This is an exceptionally great review!!! I saved it as a favorite on my computer!!! Just wonderful!! Can't wait to read the ending!!

Thank you!!!

Heading out for a bit...I'll get to the rest of your replies tonight!

I too am anxiously waiting for the next one. Unfortunately, it is coming to an end. At least I have your next vacation trip to look forward to reading. I love to travel myself, but wish I could do it more often. I guess I'll have to settle for living vicariously through you by reading about your trips.

If you and your family ever decide to stop by Savannah, GA I would love to show you around. :D

Awww, thanks :) I don't think we'll be by Savannah, but we'll be in Buckhead for a night going to and coming from Disney. We'd fly, but Mom wants to stop at this peach farm outside of Atlanta that she loves LOL.

Found this on page 5!

Nicole,

Hope you come back soon and post the next part of this wonderful review!

Working on it :)

I'm shamelessly addicted to your review Nicole and I'm eagerly awaiting part 11!! HINT HINT! We are booked on the Miracle for the April 29, 2010 sailing and CAN't WAIT!!!

Hoping it'll be up tonight or tomorrow. You'll love the Miracle. I'm anxious to plan another cruise on her (hell...I'm anxious to plan another cruise :p ).

Sorry to hear that you have strep. I hope you get well soon and as for the heatwave, let's hope it doesn't last too long.

Feeling better, thanks. And the heat cooled down a bit...THANKFULLY! I melt in high heat. Yet I love cruising to tropical and hot climates. Go figure.

Nicole, sorry to hear that you have strep. I have never been sicker than when I've had it. Stay in bed and rest. We can wait for the rest of the review.

Jesus...if I didn't know I couldn't get Mono again, I would have thought that was it. I went through an entire bottle of Tylenol Sore Throat in four days. I'm sure my liver will "thank" me later :rolleyes:

Oh, strep is miserable and bad weather never helps anything. The weather here on LI has just progressively been bad this month (anyone see the US Open Golf on TV--15 minutes from my house). Feel better and rest.

Thanks! I hope your weather has been better in July than it was in June!

Nicole,

So sorry to hear you aren't well. Hope you feel better and come back to us soon!

Thank you!

Hey Nicole, I am watching America's got talent right now. And you know what CHIGAGO HAS GOT TALENT!!! Just saw some great dancers from your area!:D:D

Indeed we do! I went to a college in Chicago with a fantastic fine arts program and we do have some amazing talent out here. I'm really excited to see the American Idol auditions from Chicago this year.

Nicole,

How is your strept throat? Are you feeling any better yet? That stuff can hang around and it hurts like a Bitc****.Take your time feeling better. We all will wait for you to finish your review. Take care.:)

Thank you!! Throat's all better now...the ear will take a bit longer but I'm hoping I regain my hearing in my right ear LOL. It's all kind of muffled in there right now :eek:

What a nice review! Thanks for posting all of the pictures. It looks like you and your family had a great time.

Not bad for a Cubs fan. Sorry my Tigers spanked em this week :D.

Thanks! We had an amazing time!

It's all good ;) At least you're not a Brewers fan :eek: I can deal with almost ANY team in the MLB. Even the Cardinals and occasionally the White Sox. But not the Brewers...especially Ryan "I'll pretend to get hit in the head, talk down your pitcher and then stare him down for the rest of the game even though every replay shows that I did not get hit in the head, nor was the ball close to hitting my head" Braun.

The Tigers have a nice team this year.

Nicole,

Hope you are feeling better by now.

PLEASE come back and finish this awesome review!!

Thanks! Working on it :)

I'm so excited! I finally booked our cruise last Friday for Oct. 31 on Glory for the Western Caribbean cruise. I can't wait! :D It will be mine and DH first time on a cruise.

EXCITING!!! We're throwing around some ideas right now. They may or may not include another trip on the Miracle and a trip on the Dream ;) We're discussing it.

Thanks! In the meantime, I'm enjoying Nicole's reviews. It's almost as if I was there w/ her and the rest of her family.

Awww, thanks. You're welcome to join us on any cruise...the more CC people, the merrier!

Yes, she really does a great job, doesn't she??

Thank you! :)

So Far the Carnival Miracle is my Favorite ship. I have had my best cruises on that ship

Ditto...which is why we're considering ANOTHER cruise on her even though we'd like to go on something else LOL. ANY other ship but the Miracle and traveling on the same ship three times in a row wouldn't even be a consideration. But it's the MIRACLE. Well, that, and Mom still wants to go to St. Lucia LOL.

Yes, she does an excellent review! I can't believe she does it all from memory. I would have to keep a journal to have such a detailed review.

I'm going to attempt to keep a travel journal from now on. I wish I had done that when my DH and I went to London 4 years ago. I did manage to do a scrapbook, but I would have loved to have kept some sort of log on what we did so I could relive that vacation.

Nicole, I hope you are feeling better. :)

Thank you! It's kind of crazy how well I remember things (this extends to EVERYTHING beyond cruises...I can remember conversations I had 15 years ago, events that occurred when I was a toddler, what I wore on random days in high school...I have an insane memory), but I still forget things. Like mentioning that on the Lido deck every day except for the last, we weren't allowed to plate our own bacon and ham. And there was a slight funky smell in our cabin a few mornings (probably because we were beneath a kitchen). I get in such an intense zone when I'm writing that sometimes little things slip my mind.

I was wondering the shops on our last night and found this gorgeous handmade journal with (I believe) linen sheets and that's going to be my travel journal so I can jot down things I don't want to forget and intangibles that I can't take a picture of.

Hi Nicole!

Thanks for the awesome review and pictures. I just got back from Half Moon Cay and Nassau on my Fascination cruise and can't wait to go on another. I was thinking about the Miracle in October on the 2 day cruise to nowhere.

I'm also in Chicago, the suburbs actually, and am thinking about driving for the NY cruise so thanks for posting info about the Westin in Jersey, we just might do that.

Great job!

We're in the 'burbs, too...about a half-hour outside downtown :)

I'm glad you've enjoyed my review! Half Moon Cay is really gorgeous but I don't have many nice things to say about Nassau that don't involve Senor Frogs :eek:

The drive to and from NYC actually goes by pretty fast. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the long drive to Disney World next month. But I'd definitely recommend the Westin in Jersey City. Super close to quick and cheap transportation into Manhattan, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the noise and the high prices. It's how we like it because it's how we have it at home: close enough to the city to get there quickly to enjoy it, but far enough away for some peace. A similar hotel in midtown Manhattan would probably cost about triple what we paid. It's a pretty corporate area, very well lit, and we didn't feel uncomfortable walking back to the hotel at night. There are a few other hotels in the immediate area, too, that range in price.

Nicole I am glad that you are better and thank God Stephanie got you to the doctor in time. Whew!!! Anyway again glad you are better and I can't wait to read the rest of your amazing review, make sure to continue to get plenty of rest until you are 100% better.

Don't I know it! I kept avoiding going to the doctor because I was so sure the "bubble" in my ear that was causing such painful and constant pressure would burst (like when I'm flying and I chew gum or yawn), but it just wouldn't. I chewed gum, I yawned, I ate lots of hot and spicy soups, I laid with my ear up, with it down, spent hours with the hot water bottle to it and nada. It's still plugged up a bit, but at least the pain and pressure are gone. I'm feeling SO much better since I got those drops to numb my ear and I finally got some sleep!

Nicole, glad to hear you're on the upswing. You've been missed.

Thanks so much :)

I have your blog in my favorites...I can't wait for the final two chapters...you have convinced me that I have to go to Tea!!

Aww, I'm glad you like it! Tea is a must around here! We miss it so much that we're starting to go to the tea places in Chicago. We actually have many at the high-end hotels (the Drake, the Peninsula, the Four Seasons, etc) and I don't know why we never did them before!

Nicole: I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and thank God for a wonderful sister who looks out for you! Don't rush that review. Take care of yourself. We'll be here whenever you're ready. I have your blog in my favorites too and have gone back to the very beginning a couple of times. We can hold out until you're 100%.

Take care!

Thanks so much for the well wishes and patience :) It's MUCH appreciated!

Glad your getting better and looking forward to the final two chapters!:D

Thank you!

Nicole,

Sorry to hear that you were soooooooo sick. Glad you are on the road to recovery.:D:D Feel better soon!

Thanks!

Glad you're finally getting better Nicole. I was beginning to wonder if you were still with us. I was about to PM Stephanie and ask her about you. Anyway, can't wait to read the last two parts.

I'd never leave y'all hanging :p I asked Stephanie to post for me but she hasn't been around here much. I probably kept her too busy running to the chinese place for hot and sour soup :D

Nicole, glad to hear your are on the mend. I too just continue to re-read your blog. You have a definite following. Looking forward to the last two installments.

Thank you!

Nicole: So sorry you are not feeling so well but glad that you are improving. Thanks to Stephanie for taking care of her sister! Take your time healing and I am soooooo looking forward to the final chapters of your review.

Thanks! She took very good care of me. But she owed it to me since she's the one who got me sick :p

Wow Nicole....I've been wondering if everything was ok. I thought it was the Milton Bradley/Lou Piniella news that was keeping you away!!

Feel better and come back soon.

I'm glad you have Nurse Stephanie to take care of you. Tell her to give you tea and scones.

I wish! We've had scone mix from Harry & David's sitting on our counter for three weeks now and no one wants to be the one to make it! If only we could walk downstairs and have someone come around every 10 minutes to serve it to us ;)

Milton, Milton, Milton. He gets a bad rap in the media and that can't be helping this funk he's in. I'm actually appalled by the way he (and Carlos Zambrano, for that matter) have been treated by the Chicago media. One of the Tribune's columnists actually suggested we trade Zambrano. But if you compare his numbers to Greg Maddux's numbers from his first stint with the Cubs, they're nearly identical (with Zambrano actually having better numbers by the slight). But no one ever suggested we trade Maddux :rolleyes: Zambrano has his hissy fits, but I'd rather see those and know he's passionate about the team and winning than have him take the ball every five days with total apathy.

Hi Nicole!!

I hope you are doing better!!

I would like to go to chicago again, only been once, and we went to this huge shopping mall!!! for the life of me, I can't think of the name of it!!! But hopefully we will go next year sometime!!!

Suburbs? Woodfield. Outlets? Gurnee Mills. Downtown? Water Tower.

Let me know if you need Chicago recommendations when you come up here :) I actually went downtown today and I've been cooped up at home for so long that it felt SO good to be in the hustle and bustle downtown (we went for lunch and shopping). But we got the hell out of dodge before the one million people descended on the lake front for fireworks tonight :eek: I will never, ever go for fireworks on the lake front on the third. Ever. I'll take my chances at Disney World!

Hey reading the review! Loving it so far. You and I totally can be friends. lol. Girly Girls who love sports and im from Chicago too. GO CUBS!!

When is your next cruise?

We are few and far between, but us girly sport girls gotta stick together :p

Next cruise? Slight possibility of January. High likelihood of May. But it wouldn't be one or the other. We'll definitely go in May. We may go in January, too. And then we'll be at nine Carnival cruises and our first cruise of 2011 we'll be platinum! We'd be platinum in 2010 if Carnival would accept our credit (or two...we had a suite...not sure how that worked LOL) from Princess LOL. Or if Carnival gave two cruise credits for traveling in suites. We'd long be platinum by now LOL. Alas, they don't. But we're almost there anyways :)

Nicole if we ever cruise together or meet up somewhere, I would go to historical museums with you, especially Cival War, my faves lol.

Sounds good to me!

Edited by Nicole721