The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

I'm home!

Okay, so we got home last night, but I've been SO exhausted. But as promised, I've begun writing the World's Longest Carnival Miracle Review. I came home with more than 1300 pictures taken, so it's going to be pretty full of those, too.

It was a FANTASTIC cruise and I have lots of stories to tell and tips to give, and I've been writing this review in my head since we left two weeks ago. I got so much great feedback and comments on my last review, and I'm so appreciative. I'm super pumped to write this review, too.

The review is going up on my blog because the posts are too long to be posted here and it'll have way too many pictures, anyways, but I'll use this thread to post updates and answer any questions.

The first part of the review is up (http://www.sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com). It doesn't have nearly as many pictures as the rest will because it primarily covers our planning and our drive to NYC (sorry!!!). The next part will be up tonight or tomorrow, but I really hope everyone enjoys reading it as much I enjoy writing these :)

And, as always, I'll be happy to answer any questions. I'll also try to post the Capers at some point when things settle down a bit here.

Very nicely done so far. 22 year old son and 3 friends are on this cruise as I type this. Since we live on LI, it only took them an hour to get to the pier (sorry!). Looking forward to details. We actually did this itinerary on Imagination last year out of Miami, so know the ports!

That is a long review but a good one.

Thanks...but it hasn't even begun to get long yet :eek:

Nicole, really enjoying your review. Thanks again. Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! And thanks for the well wishes before the cruise, too :)

I am so excited, I loved your last review :)

Aww, thanks!

Same here ! I loved your last review, and can't wait to read the rest of this one....keep them coming :D

Will do! I really want to get to the cruise part, so part 2 and probably part 3 will be up today :)

Nicole, I loved your last review, so I'm really looking forward to reading a super long review of your latest cruise!!!

Thank you! :)

Nicole,

Great review by a fellow Chicagoan!!!

Bob

Thanks, Bob! I planned on writing about it, but being in NYC, for me, reaffirmed to me what a truly great city we live in :) NYC is nice, but I much prefer sweet home Chicago.

Very nicely done so far. 22 year old son and 3 friends are on this cruise as I type this. Since we live on LI, it only took them an hour to get to the pier (sorry!). Looking forward to details. We actually did this itinerary on Imagination last year out of Miami, so know the ports!

Thanks! I'm sure your son and friends are enjoying their cruise! Stephanie is 22 (I'm 23) and we had SO much fun. And I'm pretty sure that we were the passengers from the furthest West since EVERYONE on our cruise was from the East Coast. I'm glad not everyone had a 13 hour journey home like we did :eek:

Nicole,

You didn't happen to go to Stevenson, did you? I think I may know you and may have gone to high school with you...

-D

I did! Small world, huh?

Hey Nicole you are definitely my favorite reviewer!!

I am enjoying it so far. Since I live in NYC I can understand your frustration with getting a hotel with parking and all.

Anyway I have been anticipating your review and I hope you're finished posting it by Tuesday because I am leaving on that same cruise that day.

Hope you got lots of pics of food like last time. LOL

I did! Small world, huh?

Definitely. I think we may have been in choir together as well. Perhaps not in the same class, but during the same years. I had a feeling when you mentioned the Cali trip that we took which was my sophmore year. I think we may have done shows together when we were younger as well...

-D

Hey Nicole you are definitely my favorite reviewer!!

I am enjoying it so far. Since I live in NYC I can understand your frustration with getting a hotel with parking and all.

Anyway I have been anticipating your review and I hope you're finished posting it by Tuesday because I am leaving on that same cruise that day.

Hope you got lots of pics of food like last time. LOL

Awww thanks! Yes, lots of food pics :) I just finished part 2, and part 3 is our last day in NYC, so I'll be starting the cruise part probably tomorrow :) Have fun on your trip!

Definitely. I think we may have been in choir together as well. Perhaps not in the same class, but during the same years. I had a feeling when you mentioned the Cali trip that we took which was my sophmore year. I think we may have done shows together when we were younger as well...

-D

Yes! Cali was my junior year. Fun trip :) I see you'll be on the Miracle soon...she's a great ship! :)

Okay, part 2 is up! Stephanie informs me that my pictures are getting cut off. I'll have to play around with them a bit because they're probably too big (I'm still playing around with the settings on my SLR camera). I'll get on that ASAP. I'll try to work on Part 3 tonight, but Part 2 took the past 2.5 hours to write and I have errands to run so we'll see :)

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-1.html

Yes! Cali was my junior year. Fun trip :) I see you'll be on the Miracle soon...she's a great ship! :)

Indeed. My GF and I currently live in NYC and are doing an 8 night cruise in September. We are very excited as I have heard nothing but good things about the Miracle.

-D

This has to be the longest review I've ever seen, but it's great. You're giving this New Yorker some ideas where to eat. You MUST have had a bad day at Century 21. It is a landmark--the one here on LI by me is fabulous. I cannot believe you took pics of PATH and the rat in the subway (welcome to NY). Dylan's is very cool but completely overpriced. Tiffany is...well, Tiffany! I love browsing there. Bloomies is great too. Did you make it to the giant Macy's? You didn't hit the Disney store two blocks down from Tiffany? That's fun too.

I certainly hope the next installment finds you at Juniors, because if you left NY without their cheesecake you missed out on the BEST!

I'm sure my DS and his friends are having a ball.....

Boy, that's a lot more than a Maracle review. Haven't seen a picture of the ship yet. I assume that's yet to come?

Very very detailed review of your whole trip. Nice job. You must have taken notes along the way.

Edited by Upandadam

Nicole,

I started reading your blog and became hooked. I even started reading your other entries. I enjoyed this recent trip review in NYC so much that you have me thinking of DH and my next cruise in 2011. Thanks and can't wait to read all of your entries.