The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

Hooray! You posted part 5!! :D I'm so loving your reviews that I think you should cruise once a month and write a detailed review with photos so I'll have some good reading!

I had never thought of going to the afternoon tea but now I don't want to miss it!

Can't wait for part 6.

Take care,

Brenda

Afternoon tea is a must for us! 3:30ish on sea days :) I tell people on our roll call that if they want to find us at any particular time, they just have to check the adults-only pool or afternoon tea.

I wondered as well but I thought it may be rude to ask. :p You answered this perfectly. Grandma should be proud to have such a mature and considerate grandaughter.

That's very kind to say...thank you :)

LOL...I'm always in BB&B and have seen those clips and for some reason never thought to pick them up. Now watch, I won't be able to find them! LOL

Looking forward to parts 6 and beyond. Keep cruising Nicole. You're reviews are getting me through to my November Miracle cruise. I can't wait. When we went last July we left out of NY too. As we sailed past the Statue of Liberty I felt awe struck. My grandparents & great grandparents looked at this too as they sailed from Italy to their new life in America many many years ago. What a cool feeling.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying them! Grandma came over from Poland decades before I was born on a boat so it was cool to sail past Ellis Island and know that's kind of where our family's history in America began :)

Just read the review, thanks!! My husband and I are going on the Miracle in February. Hope the vomit is cleaned up by then!! But really thanks and I liked all the pics, too!!

Julie

Bleh...that's one sight I hope to never see again! I guess I should consider myself lucky that I didn't actually witness it because it happened in a five-minute period where I was looking for something in my room!

You'll love the Miracle (and the itinerary)...have a fantastic trip! :)

I love those towel clips - shame we don't have BB&B over here :(

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=113349

Nicole--dear son is home and currently taking a nap. He slept about 3 hours last night. Yes, he went to tea, ate chocolate melting cake, rode mopeds on Grand Turk, devoured much sushi, won a ship on a stick at trivia, and is generally satisfied but exhausted. Now of course at age 22 he will have forgotten to do laundry and I will be the recipient of it all. Said the cruise director and assistant CD were just OK but their staff was great and knew them all by the end of the week, cabin steward not so hot, waitstaff was great to them especially considering they ate multiple meals and they tipped them extra. Thanks so much for vicariously entertaining me and I look forward to the rest of the review!

Unfortunately they don't ship internationally :(

:( Does Amazon? I think they sell them on Amazon, too. If not, I hear binder clips work, as well.

Nicole--dear son is home and currently taking a nap. He slept about 3 hours last night. Yes, he went to tea, ate chocolate melting cake, rode mopeds on Grand Turk, devoured much sushi, won a ship on a stick at trivia, and is generally satisfied but exhausted. Now of course at age 22 he will have forgotten to do laundry and I will be the recipient of it all. Said the cruise director and assistant CD were just OK but their staff was great and knew them all by the end of the week, cabin steward not so hot, waitstaff was great to them especially considering they ate multiple meals and they tipped them extra. Thanks so much for vicariously entertaining me and I look forward to the rest of the review!

Awww I'm glad he had such a great trip! A lot of that sounds about right and in line with what we experienced. What trivia did he win? We won a trivia game, too, later in the week.

Part 6 was great. The pic you took of the balcony is incredible. We will definitely check out KaraoKay and Music Unlimited.

Thanks, DMan! KaraoKay is unbelievable at what she does. I'd LOVE to have her job because it seems she just hosts karaoke and is in charge of Legends. But she's a show in herself.

And Music Unlimited? You can't believe it until you hear them. They're the real deal. And they play almost every night...even the night they're in "Ticket to Ride!"

I absolutely LOVE your review!!! I have been following it religiously every morning!!!! Thank you for taking your time to do such a thorough review!!

We are getting married on the Miracle July 19th and we can't wait!

Thanks again and I look forward to your next blog!! :D

Edited by ars4216

Nicole - excellent job as usual! Looking forward to reading more! We've sailed the Miracle twice and had a great time both cruises! Just love that ship! Ya - the karaoke girl - she was a trip! A show in herself is right. She was trashed half the time we saw her - pretty funny though! I was glad to see you mention Karuna from the dining room! She's wonderful! We had the opportunity to rent the private cabana on HMC and she and Patricia from the downstairs dining room were our hostess! They are both great! We had a blast with them! Keep it coming - can't wait to read more!

Paula

I am loving the pics and your review! Just read part 6. Don't leave us hanging! I am awestruck with the 2 balconies.... those are amazing! One of these days we are going to splurge for a balcony. lol We do have one of the huge corner aft cabins with 2 windows on Triumph for next summer. The pics I have seen make the room look so big...can't wait! You are right.. If you come away from a cruise hungry...something is wrong with you HAHAHA!

I will try the tea next time, I just never thought about it before.

... A bit off topic from your post, but what is the future of Carvival and NYC itineraries?

My travel agent mentioned that he didn't see anything longer than a 5 day for 2010?

(sorry, but... a cruise isn't a cruise unless it's 7 days or longer ...:))

I might consider hopping on a Carnival Cruise out of NYC... depending on my Dream experience.

I forgot to mention that I love Freebird, so I really can't wait to hear their version!!!

If they don't play it, be sure to request it. I wish they hopped ships a bit, but I think they're permanently stationed on the Miracle. Another excuse for us to book another Miracle cruise, I suppose ;)

I absolutely LOVE your review!!! I have been following it religiously every morning!!!! Thank you for taking your time to do such a thorough review!!

We are getting married on the Miracle July 19th and we can't wait!

Thanks again and I look forward to your next blog!! :D

Awww, thanks! I'm hoping to get one out tonight. There's so many beautiful photo ops on the Miracle, especially for wedding pics!

Nicole - excellent job as usual! Looking forward to reading more! We've sailed the Miracle twice and had a great time both cruises! Just love that ship! Ya - the karaoke girl - she was a trip! A show in herself is right. She was trashed half the time we saw her - pretty funny though! I was glad to see you mention Karuna from the dining room! She's wonderful! We had the opportunity to rent the private cabana on HMC and she and Patricia from the downstairs dining room were our hostess! They are both great! We had a blast with them! Keep it coming - can't wait to read more!

Paula

Yeah, Karao-KAY may have slung a few back before it was time for her to start hosting every night ;)

I actually miss our conversations with Karuna! It's so sad when you make friends on the boat and then you have to leave them. We've been home for just over a week, but I keep thinking about what I'd be doing if I were still on the boat, or going "Two weeks ago today, we were getting soaked in Grand Turk."

Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

I am loving the pics and your review! Just read part 6. Don't leave us hanging! I am awestruck with the 2 balconies.... those are amazing! One of these days we are going to splurge for a balcony. lol We do have one of the huge corner aft cabins with 2 windows on Triumph for next summer. The pics I have seen make the room look so big...can't wait! You are right.. If you come away from a cruise hungry...something is wrong with you HAHAHA!

I will try the tea next time, I just never thought about it before.

I'm working on the pics now...hopefully part 7 will be up tonight!

The first night we were home was SO hard. We literally came off the boat, where we were surrounded by food, and came home where we not only had NO food, but we had to service ourselves! No more laying in bed and watching movies while room service whips up some sandwiches and cheesecake ;) It was like food withdrawl! I lost all of the weight I gained within three days of being home just because we simply don't eat that much when we're at home, but when you're surrounded by it, you just can't say no LOL.

... A bit off topic from your post, but what is the future of Carvival and NYC itineraries?

My travel agent mentioned that he didn't see anything longer than a 5 day for 2010?

(sorry, but... a cruise isn't a cruise unless it's 7 days or longer ...:))

I might consider hopping on a Carnival Cruise out of NYC... depending on my Dream experience.

It depends on when you're looking. The Miracle will be resuming the E. Caribbean route out of NYC (8-night cruises) in 2010, but it splits the year between NYC in the spring/summer and Fort Lauderdale doing S. Caribbean 6- and 8- night cruises in the Fall/Winter. So it depends on what time of year you're looking.

The Miracle does have the 8-night out of NYC cruises next year the same months it does this year (next May for sure...I just checked).

I'd hope Carnival stays in New York at the Port of Manhattan. It was, by far, the easiest and quickest check-in we've ever had and everyone who worked there was fantastic.

Hope that helps!

I've heard that Red Hook is just as good as far as getting on the ship... debarkation... utter confusion. Carnival (aka Cunard, Princess) leaves from Red Hook, while the Carnival Brand ships remain in Manhattan with NCL. I think the idea was to take some of the traffic out of those piers in order to rehab them... Although I'm not sure if Cunard and Princess will return to Manhattan when it's done.

RCCL leaves from Bayonne, NJ which was a dream for me (about 10 minutes from my house, no traffic... )

I'll keep an eye on those cruises for the future (depending on the outcome of my outcome of my cruise on Dream)

Edited by templed

I'm enjoying your review and I was on that cruise too! We've been so busy since we got home my DH didn't even upload all his pictures yet. I'm pretty sure I saw you and your sister sitting in the aft pool one day. I was going to say hi but for some reason I felt funny if it wasn't you. Anyway it was a great ship and crusie- I felt like I knew the boat a little from your other review. Keep up the good work!

I've heard that Red Hook is just as good as far as getting on the ship... debarkation... utter confusion. Carnival (aka Cunard, Princess) leaves from Red Hook, while the Carnival Brand ships remain in Manhattan with NCL. I think the idea was to take some of the traffic out of those piers in order to rehab them... Although I'm not sure if Cunard and Princess will return to Manhattan when it's done.

RCCL leaves from Bayonne, NJ which was a dream for me (about 10 minutes from my house, no traffic... )

I'll keep an eye on those cruises for the future (depending on the outcome of my outcome of my cruise on Dream)

Debark was just as good as embark in Manhattan (for us). Porters EVERYWHERE just begging to help. We had a fantastic one who insisted on not only getting our luggage, but loading up our car for us (because we were still on vacation). He even wanted to help us get grandma in the car.

We're looking into going on the Dream next, too. We've done nearly every Caribbean itinerary (except for the ones that leave out of San Juan and ones that include Jamaica because we have no desire to visit Jamaica) so now we're starting to sail based on ships and embarkation points, and you really can't get a better combo for us than Orlando and a brand new ship ;)

Wow. I've never seen so many pictures of food. Never thought the food was that huge of a part of cruising, but I guess some must.:o

Very detailed review.

Never thought food was that huge a part of cruising? :eek:

No, but really, I do it more to look back at change over time and to remember what we ate so I can write about it. Not like we sit around the fireplace and bring out the food pics on a cold winter night ;)

What no update today??? I'm going to have to be on your case tomorrow ;)

Blah blah blah.

I'm enjoying your review and I was on that cruise too! We've been so busy since we got home my DH didn't even upload all his pictures yet. I'm pretty sure I saw you and your sister sitting in the aft pool one day. I was going to say hi but for some reason I felt funny if it wasn't you. Anyway it was a great ship and crusie- I felt like I knew the boat a little from your other review. Keep up the good work!

Awww you should've said hi! We love meeting people! We were at the adults-only pool every time we were out for the entire cruise because it was so much less crowded and quieter (well, except for the time the very hefty woman in a bikini came and did LAPS in the tiny adults only pool and made it her own lap pool for a half-hour). I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise as much as we did! :)

I've been lurking around here (about a week now) since my DH suggested that we go on our first cruise later this year (hopefully in October). I thought it would be a great way to gather tips from past cruiser and to read about reviews.

All I have to say is WOW! What a great review, so far. So detailed that it makes me feel like I was on the cruise with you. Thanks for taking the time to blog about your vacations. I had to break my "lurking" status as this is my first post on the boards.

I noticed that you were on the Glory last May and would like to know how you liked it? That is the ship that we are looking to book this October for a Western Caribbean cruise. We heard such great things about Cozumel.

You don't??? We call that Thursday night in January here :D

Part 7 must be quite the epic :p

Only when the power's out ;)

But really, I take pictures of the food just so I can remember what we ate and whether we liked it or not. The side benefit is that the dork in me can compare how things have changed over time. Some for the good, some for the bad (I just did a paragraph pontificating on how the filet mignon has come to disappoint me...if you saw all the pictures over time and the change, it'd disappoint you, too LOL)

Part 7 is quite large...lots of pics...but it's up now :)

I've been lurking around here (about a week now) since my DH suggested that we go on our first cruise later this year (hopefully in October). I thought it would be a great way to gather tips from past cruiser and to read about reviews.

All I have to say is WOW! What a great review, so far. So detailed that it makes me feel like I was on the cruise with you. Thanks for taking the time to blog about your vacations. I had to break my "lurking" status as this is my first post on the boards.

I noticed that you were on the Glory last May and would like to know how you liked it? That is the ship that we are looking to book this October for a Western Caribbean cruise. We heard such great things about Cozumel.

Aww, thanks!

We loved the Glory. The theme (if I remember correctly) is colors and I thought the public areas were beautiful. The layout of the ship is a bit harder to master because there's two dining rooms, one of them being midship, so sometimes you'll have to go up/down and around the dining room to get across the ship. I prefer the layout of the Spirit Class ships (Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Legend), myself, but I really, really enjoyed the Glory. She is a beautiful ship.

You got some great shots but you made me hungry!!!! :)

I make myself hungry, too. I always have to stop and grab a snack while I'm writing the dinner reviews LOL.