Rotterdam- 12/2-12/04

localady

We are home and I have a lovely tan! I will do a full review after I get the Christmas tree up and bags unpacked. As I'd mentioned, the Rotterdam seems to be a bit more formal a Ship than the other "Dam" Ships we have sailed on.

We had mostly positive experiences while on board after a "dinner from hell" the first night in the Dining Room. :eek: Interestingly though our companions had enough bad experiences that they vow to not cruise HAL again. It was an interesting lesson in a) how a cruise experience can differ by passenger and b) Inviting friends to travel with you. More later on that.

Overall, the trip was great, and we found the food to be very good!! Yes meatloaf was one of the "Comfort food" entrees, and was served half way through the cruise. The final night included prime rib. I will compose a list of the officers and entertainers on board also and post it here later today. If you have any specific questions also I will try to answer them as well as I can.:cool:

Welcome Home. Happy that you seem to have had a good time.

I agree that Rotterdam has a more formal 'air' about her than the other ships....IMO even more so that her sister Amsterdam.

I'm eager to hear all......

Good luck getting settled back in and your home decorated for Christmas.

Welcome home, localady. Hope all is well.

I am looking forward to every little detail of your report---especially the story on the "dinner from hell" and the two lessons!

Take a bit of time to get the laundry done and the decorations up, then come and type! ;)

Welcome Home localady, looking forward to your review but don't rush, relax and get done those important things. "Dinner from Hell" looking forward to hearing this story:D . Something tells me I will be able to relate to the "Inviting Friends" story.

Glad you are back,

Glad you made it home safely, Sher. I'm all packed and flying out tomorrow, so will have to wait to read your report. Less than a year and we'll be on board together, hope time will flyyyyyyyyy, can't wait to see you both again. Enjoy the Holidays.

Archived