Sister-in-law bad mothing carnival

txracefan

I understand where the OP is coming from. I think a lot of us have been in that situation before. There is still a group of people who have an image of Carnival that cannot be changed. I get this quite often. I am a bartender in a nice restaurant. Some people will find out about my vacation and always ask what ship I am cruising on. I get the "Oh...Carnival" look all the time. It really can be annoying.

My parents took my whole family on a Christmas cruise last year. We decided on the Fascination for many reasons (drive to port, fit everyone's time schedules, etc). My parents cruise a lot, but are big NCL fans. Anyway, one lady sitting at the bar found out what line we were all going on and just could not keep her mouth shut. "Carnival!?!? Oh my God....Your parents are going to hate it!" This went on and on. This is not the only story like this I could tell. I hear it all the time from people I am waiting on at the bar.

All in all it doesn't really matter what other's opinions are. I never get into it with them. I just always say "I have always been happy with their product and have a great time". That is really all that matters anyway.

MY sister-in-law told her sister she wouldn't sail carnival because the people where low class.I guess she is talking about her Brother.We both like carnival.She has never sailed carnival and has only cruised 1 time.Hope she doesn't say that to me,may have family trouble.

Well, as far as your sister-in-law is concerned isn't ignorance bliss?

I have cruised the NCL Sky, Carnival Imagination and Monarch of the Seas in the last four months. I have to say I didnt see much differance in the class of people on these ships.

I have cruised these lines many times before and think they all have different strengths and weaknesses. But to say Carnival is low class is just not true. You need to at least be open minded enough to try a differant cruiseline once to see for yourself what they have to offer. I go to restaurants all the time that are loved by freinds and I just dont care for them or they don't like them and I do. Differant strokes for differant folks. But for some reason you will always have people who talk down about Carnival and have never stepped foot on a Carnival ship.

I understand where the OP is coming from. I think a lot of us have been in that situation before. There is still a group of people who have an image of Carnival that cannot be changed. I get this quite often. I am a bartender in a nice restaurant. Some people will find out about my vacation and always ask what ship I am cruising on. I get the "Oh...Carnival" look all the time. It really can be annoying.

Thats because Carnival is the Walmart of the sea's :)

Would you disagree?

They offer a decent product,at a decent price and have an excellent business model for future expansion and profitability.Their presence here in the US is well known.Even in these tough economic times,they just like Walmart:) are still making money.

Steve

Welcome to Walmart:)

MY sister-in-law told her sister she wouldn't sail carnival because the people where low class.I guess she is talking about her Brother.We both like carnival.She has never sailed carnival and has only cruised 1 time.Hope she doesn't say that to me,may have family trouble.

Ignore her....that will piss her off beyond belief. Make sure to book Carnival......and make sure to have a great time! Everyone else has a great time on Carnival!!!:)

Don't sweat people like that. Teh other poster had the best advice IGNORE THEM. When they see they haven't gotten a rise out of you it ruins their whole day.

My oldest sister is the same way. She grew up "just plain folks" in the same house with me and my other two sisters . Then she goes and bags herself a rich doctor for a husband and she has been Leona Helmsley ever since. *LOL*

My sisters and I have a family joke

"We have a brother in law who can look at you and make you well , and a sister who can talk to you and make you sick" :)

If she has never sailed with Carnival, how can she make such a STUPID comment. Your sister in law is a classified idiot!

Well said....Although I haven't sailed Carnival yet I don't consider it a low class cruise line....

If she has never sailed with Carnival, how can she make such a STUPID comment. Your sister in law is a classified idiot!

. Teh other poster had the best advice IGNORE THEM. When they see they haven't gotten a rise out of you it ruins their whole day.

This is sooo true! That is the fun part!!! Ignoring just pisses them off to no end then they will end up blabbing to others and make a complete ass of themselves:p:D I know;)

She is not an IN law she is an OUTLAW and outlaws should always be avoided!!! :D

God that brings back such memories. My moms family always joked like that

"I have to invite the In Laws and the Out laws" *LOL*

My Moms family is from Brooklyn, We live in CT , I see you are from New Jersey. Must be a Tri State expression *LOL*

Point her toward the light or a flame. They like those.

Im sitting in a training class at work supposed to be paying attention (but of course im on here), this made me giggle and i got the whole classes attention :p

Tell her it is her bad luck to have 'low class' people in her family, while you have 'Hi class' people in yours.:D

If she does, point out that you heard she has a big butt. Watch her get indignant, than tell her you heard it from someone's never seen her butt. If she still doesn't get the message, tell her "don't knock it until you tried it."

Why do you care what she says about Carnival? She's entitled to her opinion, Carnival is not everyone's cup of tea. It's a mass market cruise line, take from that what you will. As long as you like the line that's all that matters.

If she does, point out that you heard she has a big butt. Watch her get indignant, than tell her you heard it from someone's never seen her butt. If she still doesn't get the message, tell her "don't knock it until you tried it."

Yea but what if she really has a big butt?

My SIL 's butt is so big when she sunbathes nude and lays on her stomach, the Fuji blimp tries to mount her :)

It sounds like your sister-in-law is a very unhappy person. How can she like others if she doesn't like herself? Next time she sprouts off ask her if she is "feeling good." When she asks why be honest and tell her that nothing ever seems to make her happy and that she lets the small things get to her. If you say that often enough maybe it will force her into looking in the mirror.

Yea but what if she really has a big butt?

My SIL 's butt is so big when she sunbathes nude and lays on her stomach, the Fuji blimp tries to mount her :)

So I guess you have been looking your SIL over? Does your spouse know that?:D

Carnival cruise lines does not cater to low class people. Why, because low class people can not afford to vacation. If they save and save, they might be able to cram the family in a car for a road trip. But, I have no idea how to charter a jet either. I am middle class. Carnival cruise lines steer their product to appeal to the vast majority of cruisers...the middle class. More people cruise Carnival ...50% of cruisers choose carnival 30% RCCL and 10% NCL.

No I'm not high class

No I'm not low class

I'm somewhere in the middle-- Dreaming of my toes in the sand

and a drink in my hand :D

Archived