Sister-in-law bad mothing carnival

txracefan

Carnival cruise lines does not cater to low class people. Why, because low class people can not afford to vacation. If they save and save, they might be able to cram the family in a car for a road trip. But, I have no idea how to charter a jet either. I am middle class. Carnival cruise lines steer their product to appeal to the vast majority of cruisers...the middle class. More people cruise Carnival ...50% of cruisers choose carnival 30% RCCL and 10% NCL.

No I'm not high class

No I'm not low class

I'm somewhere in the middle-- Dreaming of my toes in the sand

and a drink in my hand :D

Class has nothing to do with being able to afford a vacation. Class has everything to do with how one acts and interacts with others. And in the words of grandmother, those that speak the most about class usually have the least of it.

When we choose a cruise it is based on itinerary, timing, and price. Our first two cruises were with friends of ours on Disney. They had sailed on RCCL and Celebrity before. We both had young children at the time and we wanted to give them the Disney experience at that time so we valued that over the price. As the kids grew older, we started looking at other lines and choosing on other factors. When we told our friends we were looking at a Carnival cruise, she about had a fit. They were told that Carnival was horrible and a party boat. We went with my family on that cruise instead of them and we had a great time. We came back and told them we had a great time but she couldn't get over what she was told by other people. We have since gone on another Carnival Cruise, and a NCL cruise and have another Carnival cruise planned. They have only gone on RCCL since then. It always amazes me how much more they are spending on similar cruises because they refuse to sail on anything else because of hear say. What is really funny is they are way bigger partiers than we would ever be and they don't want to cruise Carnival because they heard it is a party boat????? They come back with more wild stories than we could ever come up with, but it is all an image thing I think.

. More people cruise Carnival ...50% of cruisers choose carnival 30% RCCL and 10% NCL.

Those numbers are based on the number of berths.Since CCL has more ships,they have more passengers.

How do those numbers relate to low class,middle class,ect?:confused:

Steve

Carnival cruise lines does not cater to low class people. Why, because low class people can not afford to vacation.

I also agree with LemurCat, class is also how one behave while they're on the ship or at the foreign port!

FYI I didn't take any long, expensive vacations for many years in order to save money. I'm alomst pay off my mortgage and send my two DDs to college. One is an honor student and now she is about to receive her Master degree. According to you I'm a low class. :confused:

Carnival cruise lines steer their product to appeal to the vast majority of cruisers...the middle class. More people cruise Carnival ...50% of cruisers choose carnival 30% RCCL and 10% NCL.

More people shop at Walmart or KMart compare to Saks Fifth Ave. or Nordstrom etc. It's quality not quantity.;)

I just get tired of hearing ignorant people bashing Carnival. We had a family a couple years ago on the plane. We had first class tickets. Our first plane was late coming in and just made the second one. They were closing the door. They gave me all the crap about not being able to open the door. There were about 10 of us running to the plane. We got on but they had given our seats away. We didn't even get to sit together. I had to sit next to that snotty red head kid(probably 21) who thought he was a king. My husband was behind me. I was mad . I had to go to the bathroom and I was not using the regular one. It was the point. When I was coming back. I heard him say ,"Mommy, she said they had first class tickets. She wouldn't be sitting here. I turned around and said ,"for your information I did have first class seats. The idiots gave them away. Then he started about his cruise on Cunard. It took all I could do not to slap him listening to that moron for a couple hours. There was a couple across the seats from me that were going on Carnival. They had the tags on. He made some nasty remark. I told him a few choice words about sticking his Cunard up his ????. I was pissed off already and he topped the cake. When I was getting off, I heard him tell his mother about the woman who told him off. She looked at me and I gave her a dirty look. There are lots of people who are middle class and high class that go on Carnival. I am middle class. We sat with a few ladies who were very rich on our Thanksgiving cruise 2 years ago. They were on their 50th cruise. They had been all around the world. They had been on all the cruise lines. They loved Carnival. I am not ashamed to cruise Carnival. I like them. I dislike RC. Only did them once. Wasn't thrilled with them . Disney was ok. My friends have done Norwegian . They didn't like the food . That was from 6 people. NOt 1. We all have opinions. We should keep them to ourself if you have no clue what you are talking about. I do get irritated when I hear people saying about Carnival that have never cruised on Carnival . I do ask "How many Carnival have you been on? " They always look blank at me and say NONE. I tell them now" Don't listen to Idiots..Try it yourself. You will enjoy it" Sorry so long

It is simple LOGIC. VERY simple logic!

The youngest and poorest [to start] cruiseline became the largest and most profitable in history by forcing EVERYBODY to tolerate an inferior product.

That is the "logic":confused: of the, I'd NEVER go on Carnival, bunch.

Brainlessness.

After 17 years of selling all cruise lines (now retired) ,when it come to the Mass Market cruise lines (CCL/RCI/NCL) I've heard the "anything but Carnival" request many times. Reasons varied from "so&so said" to "it's only for party animals ".

Since Carnival prices often give "the most bang for the buck" , I could convince many to eventually give Carnival a try .

Most changed their tune when their doubts were erased when they actually experienced the lively dining rooms, entertainment , cabin size , etc..

I've run into hundreds of cruise experts , such as you sister , with 1 cruise under their belt.:p .

. When I was coming back. I heard him say ,"Mommy, she said they had first class tickets. She wouldn't be sitting here. I turned around and said ,"for your information I did have first class seats. The idiots gave them away.

So you were telling everyone you had first class tickets,because you are a better class than them?

It shows a lot of class calling the airline personal idiots because you technically forfeited your seats by not being at the gate at least 15 minutes early but they accomidated you anyway.:rolleyes:

An you dislike RC,but you only did them once.How can you jump on other people when you have decided by taking one whole cruise on RC that you dislike them?

Steve

Since her brother likes Carnival, I would invite him along on one of your cruises and don't invite her. If she asks why she was not invited, just tell her that she would not be in with the right class of people.

Archived