Galveston EZ Cruise Parking (New Title)

Guest bahamamama1

Guest bahamamama1

Has anyone had any experience with this ? Good or Bad ?

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE

FROM BEGINNING TO END!

• 24 hr. security.
  • 7 ft. rod iron enclosed parking area with razor wire.
  • Highest elevated parking area of any cruise parking facility for protection against flooding (Lot 2 is not elevated).
  • We shuttle your party and luggage to and from cruise ship terminal.
  • Automobile detailing available for an additional charge (optional)
  • Visa, M/C, Amex credit cards accepted.

So enjoy your trip with the peace of mind that your vehicle will be safe and secure.

Length of cruiseDrive Up RateOnline Rate4 or 5 Nights

$40

$35

7 Nights$55$50book.gifMini Car Detail

Wash, Wax, Vacuum, & Interior Wipedown

$55

Car Cover

$10

Reserve your parking space online and receive a discount!

book.gif

map1.gifDirections From Houston Cars, Pick-up Trucks, & SUVs:

1. <LI class=EC_text>Take I-45 (South)
    <LI class=EC_text>Across Galveston Causeway road name changes to Avenue J or Broadway.
    <LI class=EC_text>Turn LEFT (North) onto 26th street.

2. Turn LEFT (West) onto Santa Fe Place.

EZ Cruise Parking

2727 Santa Fe Place

Galveston, Texas 77550

If you had said EZCruise instead of having to read all the way thru your copy and paste to find the name, most people do use EZCruise. Iv used it half a dozen times. There is one smaller place with the same prices.

Many hotels have free parking, so "discount" could be a lot of folks in Galveston.

EZCruise is the biggest and has two lots, but I dont think they need the second lot much these days since so many cruise ships pulled out 2 years ago.

You can walk over, but they have shuttles running very often and take you and your luggage over right away.

Lighthouse is great. EZ Cruise is good, too--just smaller buses. ;)

EZCruise had some school busses?? Did they lose them all to Ike and now use those mini size busses?

Smaller relative to what, wow. dont need school bus size anyway.

We have used both EZ and Lighthouse. I prefer Lighthouse.

For our first cruise out of Galveston we had used EZ parking. Same price at both places. Had no problem getting to the pier. Apparently they do not own their own transport vehicles, so you never know what they'll come to pick you up in. When we returned from our cruise, the driver told us that the guy they lease their vehicles from didn't have all of their buses/vans available. That was 4 years ago, so I can't remember the exact problem. Anyhoo...they were using a full sized van (only ONE) to try to transport folks back to the parking lot. We stood out in the hot July Texas heat for about 90 minutes. Everyone was pretty cranky by the time they got back to their cars.

Next cruise we used Lighthouse. It's not as close to the pier as EZ is, but they still have the free shuttle, so it doesn't really matter. I found their service to be much better.

I'm sure we just had bad luck with EZ for our return date. Most people really like EZ.

One thing everyone will recommend is to book your parking on-line before you go. It will save you about $5.00, plus you'll know that you've got a spot reserved. That reminds me, I'd better get my parking spot reserved now. We sail in 23 days! WooHoo!!! :eek:

If you had said EZCruise instead of having to read all the way thru your copy and paste to find the name, most people do use EZCruise. Iv used it half a dozen times. There is one smaller place with the same prices.

Many hotels have free parking, so "discount" could be a lot of folks in Galveston.

EZCruise is the biggest and has two lots, but I dont think they need the second lot much these days since so many cruise ships pulled out 2 years ago.

You can walk over, but they have shuttles running very often and take you and your luggage over right away.

we used it in march was goo service. O and we had to park in the second lot.

We have used EZ Cruise twice and service was good both times. The remote lot is used for 4 and 5 days sailings and the main lot for 7 day sailings. We have been in both and had no complaints

The parking is not a problem. I found embarkation and disembarkation to be painfully long compared to other ports. However, this was due to previous ships arriving late due to fog conditions and causing ships to leave late. I will never leave from Galveston again. :(

Lighthouse is great. EZ Cruise is good, too--just smaller buses. ;)

My sister and I used EZCruise parking twice, four times if you count a return trip after our cruise, and even though the buses are small my sister and I never have had to share one of their buses with not more than 2 other couples. I guess it all depends on the time of the morning to get on the bus. OH Petro, I "do" mean this to be taken in the nicest of ways.

• 2 weeks later...
The parking is not a problem. I found embarkation and disembarkation to be painfully long compared to other ports. However, this was due to previous ships arriving late due to fog conditions and causing ships to leave late. I will never leave from Galveston again. :(

wow, you won't leave from Galveston because you encountered fog one time? what about other seaports that also encounter mother nature's unexpected delays? be careful, you might run out of ports. please give Galveston another chance.....that is not the norm! and texas wants you back!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I used EZ Cruise on our last cruise. I didn't worry about the shuttle either way. It's maybe 5-10 minute walk from the Port. I dropped Mom off with baggage; parked the car; walked back, then reversed the process on our return. I was out of there while others were still waiting for shuttles from both EZCruise and Lighthouse.

I used EZ Cruise on our last cruise. I didn't worry about the shuttle either way. It's maybe 5-10 minute walk from the Port. I dropped Mom off with baggage; parked the car; walked back, then reversed the process on our return. I was out of there while others were still waiting for shuttles from both EZCruise and Lighthouse.

We did the same thing. It is such a short walk! I dropped everyone off, along with the luggage, then went and parked...then walked back. The management at EZ Cruise is very nce and helpful. I think the manager's name is Cindy - if I remember correctly.

Ashley :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have used EZCruise every time I sailed out of Galveston. I have never had a problem and have always parked in the main lot. I have walked to the terminal (~3 blocks) and have taken the shuttle. The only problem with walking is few or no sidewalks. The city I live in seems to have the same problem with sidewalks - they are few and the ones we have are in terrible shape. When I cruise out of Galveston again, I will again use EZCruise.

Embarkation and disembarkation to be painfully long compared to other ports

isn't owned exclusively by Galveston.

It could be ship problems, it could be immigration problems, it could be port problems, it could be mother nature. Not a blanket Galveston problem

resulting in "I will never leave from Galveston again".

In Fort Lauderdale we were off by 9:30 one time and 11:30 another.

I will go back to Fort Lauderdale.

We live in Galveston and have left ship between 7:00 and 7:30 and been home in 5 minutes.

We have had an horrible experience in Miami.

And had many other problems in many destination ports around the world.

That does not mean... we do not want to go to back to those countries or islands.

"I will never leave from Galveston again" is a narrow minded comment

on your part.

I quess I should never go anywhere because of mother nature......

to Kansas because of tornados...... or California because of fires or big waves or earthquakes.

We use EZ Cruise everytime we cruise from Galveston, which is alot, since we are from Texas. We have never had any problems, the people are nice, it is a reasonable rate, and we have never had to wait very long for a bus to pick us up. Everyone says they pick you up on an old school bus, which is true, we have been picked up in a school bus, but does it really matter?!?! You are on it for all of 2 minutes!

EZ Cruise is great. You can walk or take the shuttle to the ship. Its only 2 or 3 blocks. If you reserve and pay on line before arrival you can save an additional $5.00 off of the weekly fee. Never had a problem here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived