Celebrity Salad Dressing

SuzCruise

Hi!

I also love the Celebrity Salad Dressing. On my last Celebrity cruise we got a list of all the dressings and sauces and the basic ingredients...no exact measures but maybe you can figure it out.

Here you go...

Celebrity Dressing: Boiled eggs, Dijon Mustard, Anchovies, Garlic, Shallotts, Tarragon, Mayonnaise, Worcestershire, Tabasco, Salt, White Pepper, Fish Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar, Vegetable Oil.

If you figure out the proportions, please let us know.

Enjoy!

Soccer Mom

I also love the dressing. I remember several years ago (2002-2003?) the recipe was in the Celebrity cookbook they sold on board, but I didn't buy it (now I wish I had!). On the last couple of cruises the cookbook wasn't for sale anymore.

Soccer Mom and VA Crew - thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find that cookbook and if not take a stab at it from the ingredients you provided. I'll share the results of my research if it is good.

Just back from my first Celebrity cruise and I am in love with that salad dressing! Anyone happen to have the recipe or a copy cat version they would share?

I think you may have a problem here, as there is supposed to be brand new menus and recipes now on Celebrity....perhaps you should have voiced that question to the Chef they've had on Cruise Critic...lately. Until more have sailed under the new menus they won't KNOW if it's something new??:D

This has been a favorite of mine for years! I've always said if they sold Celebrity Dressing in the gift shop I would buy a case to bring home. Sadly it was not offered on our March Solstice cruise this year and I really missed it. :( We will be on the Millie on June 26, and I was hoping it was still on the other ships, as the Solstice seemed to be trying out other new things in the diningroom. For ex - salads already came with the dressing on them and no more dessert tray was shown at the end of meals.

A cute story about the Celebrity dressing : My husband also LOVES the Celebrity dressing. Only asks for that. One night after many nights into the cruise, our Assistant Waiter came around to my husband with the daily offering of salad dressings. After attentively listening to the ass't waiter's choices, which did NOT include the Celebrity dressing.........my husband told the waiter he would like the "Holland American !" The waiter cracked up !!! To this day, every time we see that waiter, he stops to tell us that he still remembers that night and has a good laugh each time !

Mel

I also love the dressing. I remember several years ago (2002-2003?) the recipe was in the Celebrity cookbook they sold on board, but I didn't buy it (now I wish I had!). On the last couple of cruises the cookbook wasn't for sale anymore.

oh, I am so happy to hear they have a cookbook. I bought the RCI one. I assume this one is different. Are they around $20? I like my RCI one, is the celebrity one worth it?

I'm pretty sure the Celebrity Dressing recipe has been published on this site. I know I used to have the recipe. I've looked high and low for it since I saw this thread, to no avail. If anyone locates it, please publish it here! Thanks a bunch.

Betsy

MDR chef was kind enough to make some for us aboard Solstice in December. Even aboard Xpedition last month they attempted to recreate it. I never knew what was in it. Fish sauce? Umm, no more for me, but more for you! :D

Tried to post an inquiry but the Chef is not taking new ques.

We had Celebrity dressing (& Aspen Coffee) on Solstice in Jan--pls say they have not been removed from the menus!!!....

Tried to post an inquiry but the Chef is not taking new ques.

We had Celebrity dressing (& Aspen Coffee) on Solstice in Jan--pls say they have not been removed from the menus!!!....

Hcat, the dressing was not listed on our MDR menus aboard our cruise on December-January. I see a switcheroo being pulled by X with this dressing...hmmmm. :cool:

I'm not sure the cookbook was ever published by an independent publisher. I think it was an in-house publication, so it's not likely to be in a public library. Having typed that, I could certainly be wrong!

Betsy

Just back from my first Celebrity cruise and I am in love with that salad dressing! Anyone happen to have the recipe or a copy cat version they would share?

Yes, I like the Celebrity salad dressing too. I don't happen to have a recepe for it though. I just order it when I'm on a Celebrity cruise. It is the best dressing they have.

Archived