First time cruising - questions about dining

alliesun98

We are taking a Med. cruise on the Solstice in July, and I was wondering how the dining works.

More specifically, how do you know when and where you can eat that is included in the price of your cruise? Is it very clearly stated somewhere?

Like hamburger stand by the pool...included? Gelateria...included?

Also, how easy is it to change dining times? When we booked the cruise there was only early seating left, but we really wanted late seating.

And finally...is it possible to change dining groups? What if you are seated with people you REALLY clash with...are you stuck with them for 11 nights?

Oh, and I guess I have one more :) If you are on shore and miss your seating for dinner, what are your options for eating once you get back on the ship?

Thanks!!!

We are taking a Med. cruise on the Solstice in July, and I was wondering how the dining works.

More specifically, how do you know when and where you can eat that is included in the price of your cruise? Is it very clearly stated somewhere? MDR and buffet is included

Like hamburger stand by the pool...included? Gelateria...included? the grill is included plus the Aquaspa cafe - ice cream in buffet is free but the good ice cream by the coffe area o ndec k5 is extra. coffe or tea you pay for but the yummy sweeata are included. even went fro breakfast and tea and muffins. deck 5 also has bistro on 5- $5 for a s it down all you can eat. souo, crepes and more crepes.

Also, how easy is it to change dining times? When we booked the cruise there was only early seating left, but we really wanted late seating. run- do ont walk-to te MDR as soon as you walk o nthe ship and get it change=a tip might help, alos prebook te fee based palces befroe tou sail and then go get the time changes to the hour you want. they are so worth it.

And finally...is it possible to change dining groups? What if you are seated with people you REALLY clash with...are you stuck with them for 11 nights? again run that first night and get it chnaged.

Oh, and I guess I have one more :) If you are on shore and miss your seating for dinner, what are your options for eating once you get back on the ship? bistro on 5 would be my first choice oir the buffet. also book upscale . if you eat late on land you might not need dinner.

Thanks!!!

glad i could help. love the ship.. i know you will

We didn't realise room service was free (it's nice to tip a buck or two) twenty four hours a day on our first cruise. There's a menu in your room.

Prices are generally posted if it's not free ie ice cream stand.

Food venues will be posted in the daily newspaper.

There is plenty of free food. It's really not necessary to spend any extra money on food unless you choose to. Sodas, beer and wine are not free.

Juice, most coffee and tea are.

Have fun! Cruising can be addictive!:D

The pasta station is now open until 2am, and it ROCKS. It's not your mother's pasta. It's freshly prepared TO ORDER with over a dozen toppings from shrimp, bacon, onions, chicken, you name it. THEN you get your choice of 6 freshly prepared sauces.....ok now I'm hungry.

In all my cruises, Celebrity's pasta station is the only thing I wake up in the middle of the night and crave.

Just follow the scent of freshly sauteed garlic...front and aft side of the pool deck.

The pasta station is now open until 2am, and it ROCKS. It's not your mother's pasta. It's freshly prepared TO ORDER with over a dozen toppings from shrimp, bacon, onions, chicken, you name it. THEN you get your choice of 6 freshly prepared sauces.....ok now I'm hungry.

In all my cruises, Celebrity's pasta station is the only thing I wake up in the middle of the night and crave.

Just follow the scent of freshly sauteed garlic...front and aft side of the pool deck.

Veronica:

Crave....Maybe on one of the new ships we can have a White Castle....but I do agree with you, love the Pasta stations...

More specifically, how do you know when and where you can eat that is included in the price of your cruise? Is it very clearly stated somewhere?

Also, how easy is it to change dining times? When we booked the cruise there was only early seating left, but we really wanted late seating.

And finally...is it possible to change dining groups? What if you are seated with people you REALLY clash with...are you stuck with them for 11 nights?

Oh, and I guess I have one more :) If you are on shore and miss your seating for dinner, what are your options for eating once you get back on the ship?

Thanks!!!

A big Lloyd Lindsey Young greeting to you alliesun: The only two places not included in the price of the cruise is the specialty resturant and the specialty coffee place.

After you board the ship, go to the dining room and see if you could change your dining to the late seating. It might take a day or two. You also have the pasta bar you could go to and the casual resturant. The casual resturant you are expected to leave a $2 gratuity.

Don't know if they could change you because you clash with your table mates. They might be able to put you at another table, however, nothing is promised.

Thanks!!!

It is possible to change your table, but you must be persistent and be prepared for a really rude maitre'd. We were seated at a table for eight on the May 25th Solstice sailing with six people who spoke no English at all. At the end of the evening I requested a change with the maitre 'd and a table for four so we could sit with "Cruise Critic" friends. I was perfectly pleasant, but he was beyond rude and condescending and nothing got accomplished. The next morning after a good night sleep and no jet lag the four of us went to the MDR and did not leave until we were seated together. Table change request happen all the time and the person handling these request should have an even temperament.

Archived