What is the earliest in Long Beach?

Cushing985

For all you Splendor veterans...What time was the earliest you could board in Long Beach? Personally, I would be there early enough to watch the ship pull in but my wife and others don't share the same excitment! Thanks in advance for your responses!

Half of us got calls not to be there until 2pm. The last pax on the cruise that ended last Sunday did not get off until after noon. It all depends on how much waiting around you want to do. There is not much doing down there.

I was on the cruise that ended last Sunday, and the gangway was broken, so they had to debark some from deck 0 and didn't start that until 9:45am. It was total chaos and I wasn't off until after 11:30 when the crowds started to thin. When I checked in two weeks earlier (did a B2B) I did pre-check-in outside before noon, but they didn't start boarding any until after 1pm, and those were wedding parties. General boarding by zone didn't start until around 1:15. I was zone 3. EM

But the gangway won't be broken every week. So I imagine you should be able to board much earlier some weeks.

I imagine if they send you away from there, would you be able to still stash your luggage with the porters. If so, you can just walk over next door to the Shoreline Village and walk around.

we were on the Splendor 4/26 and did the pre-check-in before 10:30 and got a Zone 2 boarding pass...we started boarding a few minutes after noon and were on the Lido deck eating lunch by 12:45...you may want to take the Passport shuttle to Shoreline Village as it's across the bay from the Carnival Terminal

Archived