This Can't Be Normal.......

sail7seas

How can it be normal for an adult person, who has cruised dozens of times, has cruised the very beautiful Maasdam many times to be as excited to be returning to that great ship as I am. Even DH is admitting to be just a little eager.

I've already started packing for a cruise a week away and am counting down the days. :D DH teases me I pack for three days and then call United Van Lines. One would think I would have learned how to travel light but no way. :D

I still get as excited about upcoming cruises as I did for our first few. This has to be an incurable disease?

Should I worry?

Edited to add: I'm eager to see how she looks after her January dry dock, how Lido works without trays ;) and see our friends aboard. We love that ship so much and never tire of the Canada/New England itinerary.

Anyone have any Maasdam specific questions, I'm happy to get answers.

I get all excited when friends or relatives I haven't seen in a while are coming to visit---or I'm going to visit them. It's such fun knowing that there's a comfort level with our shared history, yet there's going to be something new and different this time, too.

I think it's quite "normal".

For you, heading off to the Maasdam is the same thing. ;)

Enjoy the time leading up to your cruise.

There are 12 step programs ... though I'm certain relapse would be a reason to celebrate. You make me smile, and YES you are most definitely normal. :) It's fun to know the excitement never wears off.

Sail, it's so nice and "normal" that you're excited about yout upcoming cruise on your favorite ship. You'll have to let us all know how it is to go "trayless" and what plans you work out for your anniversary on the next cruise.

Are you still taking those new trays with you?

Everytime I step on a ship it is as exciting as the first time. With the main difference of wondering which friends and acquaintences will I meet again this cruise?

Enjoy, be happy, indulge and wallow in the joy of a coming cruise.

How can it be normal for an adult person, who has cruised dozens of times, has cruised the very beautiful Maasdam many times to be as excited to be returning to that great ship as I am. . .

It's the anticipation of travel and getting pampered.

Woody

Dear Sail, We appreciate so much your thoughtful offer to inquire,, while you are aboard the ship, about the luggage service which picks up your luggage outside your cabin door the night before you disembark and you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport. This service, if available, would be invaluable to us when we disembark the Maasdam August 29, having completed the Voyage of the Vikings roundtrip from Boston. Our airline is American and our home airport is Shreveport,La. Perhaps the ship would have the website of whomever provides this service.

Have a super cruise. You don't know how we envy you living in a "port city" and a fascinating one at that.

If you wish to email the address is JYGresham@aol.com

Sail,

It's perfectly normal behavior for those who love being at sea on a dam ship! You are going to step aboard YOUR Maasdam and THIS is a very special cruise --your anniversary cruise! Sounds perfectly normal to me!:D

Sail,

It's perfectly normal behavior for those who love being at sea on a dam ship! You are going to step aboard YOUR Maasdam and THIS is a very special cruise --your anniversary cruise! Sounds perfectly normal to me!:D

IIRC, Sail's anniversary cruise is her next one on the Maasdam, not this one. I'm sure she'll be back to let us know.:D

Hi Sail,

As you know I was just on the Maasdam two weeks ago, I cant wait for you to see the ship after dry dock. My short responses to you:

How the ship looks after dry dock: Beautiful

How the Lido works without trays: Not well

Seeing the smiling crew and friends you have onboard: Priceless

:)

:) Thanks for the nice messages.

I will definitely report about being 'trayless on Maasdam' and will be happy to look into the luggage service to see if AA is a participant and if the express baggage is even offered here in Boston.

Our Anniversary cruise is when we return in August. We were out to dinner with friends tonight and were talking about it. We'll be sailing with other friends and we are still deciding about how we plan to celebrate. :)

Detox program..... Ahhh, No.......... Please don't make me do that! Way too painful!! ;)

I started packing and cannot wait!

Really appreciate the fun responses. Thank you.

Hi Sail,

As you know I was just on the Maasdam two weeks ago, I cant wait for you to see the ship after dry dock. My short responses to you:

How the ship looks after dry dock: Beautiful

How the Lido works without trays: Not well

Seeing the smiling crew and friends you have onboard: Priceless

:) Can't wait to see how pretty Maasdam looks post dry dock. If you say she looks beautiful, I know she does.

Indeed, Smiling Crew and friends - The BEST!

We'll be joining you on the Historic Coast cruise on Maasdam on August 29th. DH and I would love to hear about the Piano Bar and your thoughts on the entertainment. On our last cruise the piano bar was standing room only.

So good thinking, you'll have a fabulous cruise and can refresh your suitcase for your next cruise. You will not have too long to mourn for her decks!

Glad we'll be able to help you celebrate your anniversary:)

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you, Skyedoggie.

Knowing we will return in August is probably the only way they'll get me to leave Maasdam at the end of our June cruises. :)

Funny how sometimes Piano Bar is really 'hot' and other times not depending upon who is the entertainer. Hope they have someone wonderful for you in August. We don't go there often but if we see it packed, we do stop in to see the 'attraction'.

The Boston to Boston cruise should be great.

You are so lucky to be sailing with skyedoggie and Mr. skyedoggie!!!! They are great people.:)

By the way, I get excited the minute I make a reservation and immediately start thinking of packing -- even if the trip isn't for 18 months. Normal? Yes, yes, yes, yes....

Sail,

Do you know Hadi in the Maasdam dining room? He was a pleasure on my two trips on Maasdam, once as a steward and then as assistant Maitre'd.

He once said that he expects to keep returning to the Maasdam because of a favorite female passenger. It made me think of you. ;)

Of course, he also said he likes the size of the S class ships best as well.

And I have it too! I am just like a little kid on christmas morning on embarkment day for each and every one of our cruises. It never gets old. I love the anticipation and planning before each and every cruise. That is half the fun! I start to pack several weeks before our cruises too!

Bon Voyage, Sail!

Happy times with all your old [and new!] friends.

We look forward to hearing all about the cruise.

LoyHAL

Thanks, LyHal....... We are very much looking forward to seeing good friends and meeting new ones. :)

My Dear--

There is very little that is normal about us...

...and for that I am thankful.

Here, Here.... Don't really want a cure from this disease. :D

Sail,

Do you know Hadi in the Maasdam dining room? He was a pleasure on my two trips on Maasdam, once as a steward and then as assistant Maitre'd.

He once said that he expects to keep returning to the Maasdam because of a favorite female passenger. It made me think of you. ;)[/Quote]

That's so sweet you thought of me.

And, yes...... We do know Hadi. Of course, there may be more than one. :) The one we know is delightful!

Oooohhh... the excitement is building! Woke up this morning and mentally made a list of the nuisance things I could get done today so I can focus entirely on getting us ready for Maasdam the rest of the week.

I really have a very bad case of this 'illness'. :D

I'm as crazy as you are, Sail... "Your" Maasdam is a wonderful ship with an excellent crew, but for me...

Zuiderdam Rocks!

We would sail her every time, but we don't venture out of our Caribbean Comfort Zone, and Zuiderdam doesn't go there in the summer. Our 11th Zuidy will be exactly the same as our 10th... Panama/Southern in October.

Say "Hello" to Mr. Zane if he's aboard.

Candy and Sir James

Archived