Carnival inspiration dining questions

mebfalcon

We are on a 4 nt. cruise leaving 7/27. I have a few questions about dinner

1. What do we (me, dh, ds15 and dd12) wear to dinner on "regular" nights. Are nice shorts o.k? Should the females wear capris or skirts?

2. On formal night what do the guys have to wear?

3. Is the menu different on formal night? My guys don't want to do it but if the food is really good maybe I can get them to change their minds.

Thanks.

Most women wear slacks or sun dresses to dinner (or capris), not shorts. Shorts are ok in the dining room during breakfast and dinner, but kinda look odd during dinner, even though they are now recently allowing you to wear them.

I just got back from the Inspiration. Plenty of men were wearing dress shorts and polos or button down shirts. Many were also wearing jeans and a nice shirt and boat shoes or nice shoes. I was really surprised how casual everyone was, I didn't mind or anything. This is our 4th cruise, usually we go in Sept. or Oct., so maybe summer is more casual. Even on formal night people were in dress shorts. There were still plenty of men in suits, though. I wore nice dress capris and a blouse most nights and a cocktail dress on formal night.

We were in the Mardi Gras dining room for the late seating and it was awesome. The maitre'd Shane "Mr. Hello" was really nice and our waiter Felix was good too. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I always wear a nice pair of slacks and a polo-type collared shirt. I wear this to the normal and "elegant" nights.

On the "elegant" nights, there are plenty of people all decked out (some even on the "non-elegant" nights) - but there were plenty of people who just wore nice clothes and fit in just fine.

Don't feel that you "have" to wear a suit or tux to the elegant dinner. It is YOUR cruise and if you feel like dressing up, do so... but if you do not, don't feel that you will be asked to leave or shunned if you do not show up "all dressed up". You should however, look somewhat put together, especially on the elegant night - don't show up in a tank top and a speedo or you might be asked to leave.:cool:

Archived