All inclusive cruise

All-inclusive cruises as a choice you can make, maybe.

I think the problem with some cruisers AI/some not is managing that and not getting ripped off. I don't think they can effectively implement that. Just like with the soda card, I could fetch pop for others.

Can you answer a? what is the difference between iced tea which is free and a long island iced tea.

Thanks

Iced Tea is what it says..

LIT - Tequilla, Rum, Vodka, Triple Sec, Gin, Sour Mix and a splash of coke for color.

Take it easy on them because they will catch up on you quickly.. haha

Thanks to all who answered long island sounds great must try.

sandian

Go in gently. :) They're deadly, esp. when you just happen to tell a bartender, "not too much mix."

It's quite a common drink. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know what it was in Wales...ask the next bartender you see. :)

All inclusive is not all that bad. Speaking from the resort point of view. Although I have only been to two all inclusives-I loved it. Did not find the 'drunk folks everywhere'. No more then I see on a cruise so it really does not increase that bad behavior.

Do the Math-by the time you pay for soda-drinks-specialty restaurants, that sea pass end of cruise charge can heap your bill up.

I also love the fact that all is paid for. A no brainer.

So-I probably would not mind an AI option.

As for the LI iced teas-yup-from LI and they sure do creep up on you fast. But sooooooooo tasty!!! :D

A few years back RCI did have the drink card. We purchased them on the first day of the cruise and it was a pretty good deal. I'm assuming they quit selling them because of a loss in revenue. Isn't that what motivates most decisions?

I'm still hoping that they'll allow passengers to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person but I know that it's just a pipe dream.

Regent Seven Seas sells their cruises this way. All Inclusive cruises are out there, for a price. Guess you have to consider what is most important, price or alcohol. I prefer to pay for my drinks one at a time, rather than have to pay almost twice as much for my cruise, and have alcohol included. Yep, you guessed it, I don't drink much at all. :D :D

I think the problem with some cruisers AI/some not is managing that and not getting ripped off. I don't think they can effectively implement that. Just like with the soda card, I could fetch pop for others.

I agree with you on that. Since an ai (or more of an ai) would most likely = higher price we would stop cruising (no advantage of paying more so we can have something we don't even have at home).

Never said my idea was good...just trying to think of an idea that would allow me to keep cruising (that is if the concept was put in place). :)

I wonder, you can take a land based AI for 7 days for a grand per person (more but sometimes less). This also includes air fare. If the cruise lines had this as an option and tried to charge you double, that makes me wonder also. It is profit driven. I have seen drunks on cruise ships and at the land based AI. There will always be drunks no matter the cost of the alcohol. I would love to have the option of buying an AI cruise. The people who don't drink a lot at land based AI's pay the same price as everyone else. Sorry, I love my beer.

I wouldn't be interested in AI because the bulk of my bar bill comes from wine and champagne, and I'm not interested in their house wine.

I do drink mixed drinks during the day and would be interested in buying a cocktail card but not being on an all inclusive plan.

I wonder, you can take a land based AI for 7 days for a grand per person (more but sometimes less). This also includes air fare. If the cruise lines had this as an option and tried to charge you double, that makes me wonder also. It is profit driven. I have seen drunks on cruise ships and at the land based AI. There will always be drunks no matter the cost of the alcohol. I would love to have the option of buying an AI cruise. The people who don't drink a lot at land based AI's pay the same price as everyone else. Sorry, I love my beer.

My g/f and I were weighing our vacation plans for this year a few months ago and talked about an AI. If you aren't turned away by all the media hype, there are some great deals to be had at AI's in DR and especially in Mexico. We're going in July to a really nice resort, airfare and transfers include for $1600 for both of us. It's a Secrets resort so it's not the best of the best, but not the bottom of the barrel. In the past when we've priced this trip out, it was upwards of $3000 total. If we were to go on a cruise during the same time period out of Florida, with airfare and our expected onboard expenses, I would guess it would be almost twice as much (we book balconies and we are wine/martini drinkers).

AI's are giving super deals now.

Although my 2010 vacation is booked already-I checked into a Beaches resort-the one inTurks and Caicos and if I book early and we are a returning guest-we would get one night free. That's a huge saving at an AI and some good loyalty program! It is a thought for 2011 if they keep these deals going!

Every time we book a vacation I do a spread sheet comparison between AI resorts and the cruise. We sale in suites and do as much of an apples to apples comparison as we possibly can. The AI always seems to price out higher. We look at nice properties which include water sports and top shelf liquor.

We price this out with our bill from our last cruise and take airfare into consideration. We do not book air through resorts or the cruise line.

Now, the AI cruises are way more expensive than we would ever pay on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. But it is a different cruise experience.

At the end of the day it just depends on what you want out of your vacation and how much money you want to spend.:)

AI's are giving super deals now.

Although my 2010 vacation is booked already-I checked into a Beaches resort-the one inTurks and Caicos and if I book early and we are a returning guest-we would get one night free. That's a huge saving at an AI and some good loyalty program! It is a thought for 2011 if they keep these deals going!

We were looking at this for a family reunion and the air was $900 per person.:eek:

TRadle-you sound just like me. I do the math-estimate what I think my Sea Pass will be-include excursions.

I try to pick resorts that offer plenty of activities-all included. I like to park my sorry butt down for a week and just relax!!! LOL

The only thing I do seperate for both cruises and AI's are my airfare also. From JFK to Turks I got a 370 per person. More then flying into San Juan for the 2010 vacation but the math still showed me the AI would have been slightly cheaper! Go figure!!

This is with a suite with the cruise and what the AI calls concierge service through Beaches! Also-off season rates though.

I too-look at them as two different experiences and enjoy both as well.

I wonder, you can take a land based AI for 7 days for a grand per person (more but sometimes less). This also includes air fare. ...The people who don't drink a lot at land based AI's pay the same price as everyone else.

Which is why I don't do AI land trips.

Resorts, I love, but AI is not worth it to us. I have not seen $1000/pp incl air, which could sway the deal. I can travel far cheaper than what I've seen most AI fees to be.

If you have a link to those "economy AIs" for a grand incl air, please post it!

It will NEVER happen on RCL-- they don't sell alcohol to take to cabin anymore also.

Lawsuits, my friends. George Allen Smith IV ( and probably others) put an end to any chance of drink cards, booze in room, and all inclusives.

I suspect the issue is that on cheaper cruises like RCCL, alcohol inclusive is going to result in many people getting sloshed drunk every single day which would not create a family friendly PG rated atmosphere that they're marketing toward. People would either drink like crazy because they want to anyway or because they feel compelled to to get their "money's worth".

Also, they make a fair amount of profit on those drinks. I think they were 5 or 6 dollars a piece last time I cruised 2 years ago.. if you take away that profit from there, plus increase their alcohol costs considerably (since more people will be drinking more alcohol) then the ticket prices have to go up to pay for it or they have to charge more elsewhere... so in the end you're going to pay for it regardless. The question is if you drink only a little and somebody else drinks a ton, do you really want to pay for their drinks (indirectly)?

It will NEVER happen on RCL-- they don't sell alcohol to take to cabin anymore also.

Lawsuits, my friends. George Allen Smith IV ( and probably others) put an end to any chance of drink cards, booze in room, and all inclusives.

Offered drinks inclusive on the 12 nov 2010 by TA on Oasis of the seas?

Which is why I don't do AI land trips.

Resorts, I love, but AI is not worth it to us. I have not seen $1000/pp incl air, which could sway the deal. I can travel far cheaper than what I've seen most AI fees to be.

If you have a link to those "economy AIs" for a grand incl air, please post it!

They've been in the Sunday Travel sections recently.I just don't need to fly to a warm beach in the summertime.Do a google search

I actually wouldn't do a land AI.

We like the cruise aspect itself - being able to see multiple cities and only unpack once, have good meals, and activities all day long. Since we don't go to specialty restaurants or participate in things like Bingo its a great value.

At this point we sit down and decide whether to do a land vacation or cruise. If they up the cruise price to make it an AI there would be no choice - we would just pick 1 place to visit, find some good airfare, book a decent (but not expensive) hotel, not go hogwild at restaurants, and enjoy our our vacation on land.

Archived