New Diamond "Ultimate value booklet"

What was the C&A gift? The caps or the new tote? We are on the Mariner next Sunday. I will take our coupons from the old books - only because we did not get the free photo. I really expect they won't honor those old coupons.

Very nice tote bags from our Mariner 5/24 cruise.

What was the C&A gift? The caps or the new tote? We are on the Mariner next Sunday. I will take our coupons from the old books - only because we did not get the free photo. I really expect they won't honor those old coupons.

The new tote bag! And, yes, about half of the crew honors the old coupons.......at least on the 5/31 Mariner cruise!:)

Rick

Here's a thought... why not mail your unused C&A coupon books back to Adam Goldstein..with a note that since RCL is trying to reduce waste they can re-cycle our books....:p

We just tossed them in the trash in the room... since the Captain went to great length to say they separate everything and recycle.... let them at it. A good way for RCCL to save money... get rid of the books... not worth the printing... oh... forgot... they now are "revenue generating"... sorry.

I think you are missing the point.

Of course RCCL knows the coupons are worthless! When the comment cards come in indicating that passengers don’t want a worthless book, RCCL will then discontinue them with some line like, “passengers comments indicated that they do not use the books, therefore the books will be discontinued in our efforts to go green to save the environment."

M

RCL just reported the following:

"Cruise operator Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. said Tuesday that the recent swine flu outbreak will lower its earnings by about 22 cents per share."

I wonder how much of this loss is the direct result of the changes made to Diamond members. We will never know.

What I do know are my future cruises have included other lines.

RCL just reported the following:

"Cruise operator Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. said Tuesday that the recent swine flu outbreak will lower its earnings by about 22 cents per share."

I wonder how much of this loss is the direct result of the changes made to Diamond members. We will never know.

What I do know are my future cruises have included other lines.

I'll repeat my question. What do the other Cruise Lines do for past passengers as far as Loyalty rewards? Can anyone compare RCCL to Carnival, HAL, ...

John

I'll repeat my question. What do the other Cruise Lines do for past passengers as far as Loyalty rewards? Can anyone compare RCCL to Carnival, HAL, ...

John

Basically zip... Hal gave us a tile & a small cloth tote bag..Carnival gave us a pin..both had the past guest party..with free drinks of your choice...

I think you are missing the point.

Of course RCCL knows the coupons are worthless! When the comment cards come in indicating that passengers don’t want a worthless book, RCCL will then discontinue them with some line like, “passengers comments indicated that they do not use the books, therefore the books will be discontinued in our efforts to go green to save the environment."

M

I agree........ and that's how they get ya.;)

Despite the crappy coupon book, last week on the Serenade was one of the best cruises I have ever experienced.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

:)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with you!!

We just got off Serenade in April and it was unbelievable.

We did have coupons though for a free drink of choice, free coffee (DH loves it), and we used the $5 match play, and free pulls. We always keep the Bingo ones, but never play anyway, so doesn't matter. The only one I miss is the free pictures, but certainly not going to ruin my cruise over it!!

Each coupon is labelled "Valid During This Cruise" and is marked "Version 13 04/01/2009" and "Expiration 3/31/2010"

They never really expire. I save the ones we may use from past cruises and take them with me when we cruise. They've always been accepted. I still have some gold and platinum coupons I may use sometime. I usually give away the bingo and gambling coupons because I know we'll never use them.

One more point about C&A. It’s the rules of play but when I read that cruisers take 2,3,4,5 trips to get to Diamond & Plus the rules and gift books may need to change. Maybe they should switch to counting total days / divided by 7 to determine C&A level. That way 3+4 day cruise equals 1 cruise credit.

I agree. If fact we've discussed this in the DL and CL even before the changes were made. Everyone we spoke with expected RCI to something like this (days). Maybe grand father in the current D's and D+'s and then set total number of days for others-- maybe 75 days for D and 150 days for D+. But, there still would have been people upset. The P with 9 cruises for 27 days!

I think HAL counts days (will be 34 days in Jan with 2 B2B's).

For a medallion!

But who cruises for coupons or medallions? Very few of these programs existed before 2000, yet there were many repeat (and loyal) cruisers.

Here's a thought... why not mail your unused C&A coupon books back to Adam Goldstein..with a note that since RCL is trying to reduce waste they can re-cycle our books....:p

<LOL> That's a fantastic idea! :D

I was so disappointed when I saw this thread. I haven't cruised RCL in awhile, because I found their service deteriorating. However, I recently decided to give them another shot. I had booked the Mariner for Sept. 20, but when I found out about the elimination of the concierge lounge on cruises after Sept. 1, I changed to Aug. 23. Then I tried to use my shareholder credit and found it is no longer combinable with the Diamond balcony discount. Now I find out about the "new and improved" :rolleyes: coupon books. Oh boy...

I'm anxious to compare RCL with Carnival. I've been really happy with Carnival. They don't seem to nickel and dime you quite as much as RCL, either.

So sad, so trusting, so innocent, so naive. ;)

The "new" coupon book SUCKS.

Oops, did I just say that?

Yah you did.....and in 74 more days I will be saying the same thing onboard the Freedom :mad:

When did you receive your Diamond booklet? I'm sailing to the Caribbean in about three weeks, am a Diamond member, and have received nothing of the sort. Thanks --

There still is a Seattle's Best coffee coupon in the book I received last week.

When did you receive your Diamond booklet? I'm sailing to the Caribbean in about three weeks, am a Diamond member, and have received nothing of the sort. Thanks --

You always receive you coupon booklet in your cabin. It's usually there the first day or night.

RCI,

Why are you turning off your best customers?

This is such bad business policy...and during such hard times?

And you guys have two really big ships to fill, plus all the other ships...

Who is in charge here?

Maybe you need to hire me!

What ship is he on? The Enchantment is a VERY nice ship. (and TWICE that is still less than a hundred dollars a day per person). Where else can you get this kind of a vacation for that kind of money?
Exactly! I went to rccl.com earlier today and priced out a 7 night Mariner cruise for 2, OV stateroom.. 7 nights with taxes it works out to $655.53 pp! Hello people!

More people complain than commend..........on any given day.......on any given ship.........(oh boy) on any given line!!! (almost).

If it stresses some of you out....................now is the time to try another line..........and see what they have to offer. Ask some of the old timers on that line........what they are offered.

What is amazing..........is that I'm getting great cabins now.........for peanuts........because I stayed with RCCL........thru good and bad.

Their service to me...........has not diminished by the cabin stewards, the dining room staff, Windjammer staff, or any specialty dining area.

Some things have gone down hill..........but right now that is to be expected!

Food quality has deminished..........but not to the point that I consider their food to be inedible!!

Many assistants to the officers are no longer on the ships.......and the officers are now overloaded. Look for more of them to leave.........as the stress in some areas is unbelievable. I won't go into it more than that.

Rick

After just returning from the Mariner “Pacific Coastal” cruise, and seeing the new Diamond “Ultimate value booklet”, I would like to let everyone know they are now worthless.

There is nothing free anymore; at best some things are buy one, get one free.

What’s changed: No Johnny Rockets hamburger coupon, now it’s buy one milkshake, get one free.

No free wine tasting, no free picture, the only thing in the whole booklet is one free Seattle coffee coupon, and the internet coupon is still there.

Laugh of the day, there’s a coupon for wine discount, Receive a discount of 15% on any bottle of wine $100.00 usd or more, ouch!

I agree worthless all we used was the internet !!

jj......

<LOL> That's a fantastic idea! :D

I was so disappointed when I saw this thread. I haven't cruised RCL in awhile, because I found their service deteriorating. However, I recently decided to give them another shot. I had booked the Mariner for Sept. 20, but when I found out about the elimination of the concierge lounge on cruises after Sept. 1, I changed to Aug. 23. Then I tried to use my shareholder credit and found it is no longer combinable with the Diamond balcony discount. Now I find out about the "new and improved" :rolleyes: coupon books. Oh boy...

I'm anxious to compare RCL with Carnival. I've been really happy with Carnival. They don't seem to nickel and dime you quite as much as RCL, either.

After you return from your Carnival cruise, please let us know how you liked it.

Tell us about their Concierge Lounge, their coupon books and their Diamond balcony discount.

We'll be waiting. :)

They never really expire. I save the ones we may use from past cruises and take them with me when we cruise. They've always been accepted. I still have some gold and platinum coupons I may use sometime. I usually give away the bingo and gambling coupons because I know we'll never use them.

I don't think that you have read the entire thread, crischickie.

The new coupons look NOTHING like the old coupons. You won't be able to just "use old coupons" as we have all done in the past.

Archived