All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Not wanting to spend the extra money on a cabana or clamshell, are there any trees further down the beach for a little shade?

Yes and also plenty of chairs that are up under those trees. In the attached picture you can see parts of the chairs under the trees on the lower right part of the picture. This was taken from where we spent the day - just past the last cabana (#15).

100_6776.jpg

Yes and also plenty of chairs that are up under those trees. In the attached picture you can see parts of the chairs under the trees on the lower right part of the picture. This was taken from where we spent the day - just past the last cabana (#15).

100_6776.jpg

Where are all the people? I hope when I go it looks like this lol

100_6776.jpg

Thank you. Looks good!

LOL... I wondered the same thing - its a nice picture of HMC for sure.. but then I found this one on another thread... After seeing it, I decided to book a cabana !! :D

(picture came from this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1365566 )

HMC.jpg

LOL... I wondered the same thing - its a nice picture of HMC for sure.. but then I found this one on another thread... After seeing it, I decided to book a cabana !! :D

(picture came from this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1365566 )

HMC.jpg

I've seen pictures like this too. I think this is the area closest to where the tender boat drops you off. Most people get off the tender and just plop! Looks like the beach further down is more isolated.

Wow, that is the most crowded I have ever seen HMC. Must have been two ships in that day. Defintely is looking from as close to the tendering pier as one can get, to away from the pier. The new Shipwreck bar mast is barely visible over the trees in the middle of the pic.

Edited by CruiserBruce

OK...I keep reading that you have to book the cabana's on the ship, but they're on my excursions on my booking. I'm getting ready to "book" it online. Will I have to go to the excusions desk anyway when I board?

Thanks!

It is a recent change where Carnival allows you to book in advance as a shore excursion.

In order to avoid the crowds, we went all the way down the beach, to the area past the last cabana. It gets less and less crowded the further you go. The following are a look back to where all the people were:

100_6847.jpg

100_6848.jpg

OK...I keep reading that you have to book the cabana's on the ship, but they're on my excursions on my booking. I'm getting ready to "book" it online. Will I have to go to the excusions desk anyway when I board?

Thanks!

Yes, you can now book online but you will still need to go to the excursions desk once you board to see which cabana they assigned or select which one. I have read both of those happening & we don't cruise til June so I can't say for sure if you get to select your cabana or is Carnival assigns them in the order they are booked. Either way, you will have one if you book it early. :D

About the crowding.........unfortunately HAL sometimes books 2 ships into HMC on the same day....which, if they're Vistas or Signatures, means about 4000 people. For some reason, Carnival never does this? I've often wondered why.

We'll be at HMC next month on the Noordam, and her sister, the Westerdam, will be there too. This will be the first time I've visited HMC with another ship.

I am SO glad a member of our Roll Call suggested that we book the Private Oasis!

About the crowding.........unfortunately HAL sometimes books 2 ships into HMC on the same day....which, if they're Vistas or Signatures, means about 4000 people. For some reason, Carnival never does this? I've often wondered why.

The Carnival ships are much larger than the HAL ships. Two HAL ships is far too crowded.

Two Carnival ships would just be a mass of humanity.

Could someone that has been there recently tell me if Carnival is assigning the Cabanas or can we still pick the one we want when we board? I have one booked and want to get further down the beach. Since booking on line is new maybe someone has already done this and can help us out on how its handled now.

Thanks

Could someone that has been there recently tell me if Carnival is assigning the Cabanas or can we still pick the one we want when we board? I have one booked and want to get further down the beach. Since booking on line is new maybe someone has already done this and can help us out on how its handled now.

Thanks

From what I've read from recent cruisers, you can pick your cabana when you board.

Since we are first time cruisers, going in April, and my husband's parents will be with us, we have BOOKED a cabana!! :D

Thank you to everyone that has posted all the wonderful info, it sure makes it easier with the decision making!!

Now, has anyone been on the "Glass bottom boat" excursion lately?? Anything to see? :confused: Good, or boring? I thought this would be good for all of us (2 teens, DH, me and in-laws) Thank you!!

Didn't go back through all the posts so I appoligize in advance if this has been asked and answered.

When I look at excursions for my April 2012 cruise (I know...long ways off) I can see all the excursions for Half Moon Cay and Nassau but it will only let me book the Nassau items. When I called Carnival I got a line about all those items not available online have to be booked on the ship - which I know is not true after reading this thread (wish they would get their sh^t together). So my only other thought is I have to be within a timeframe window to book. Can anyone confirm?

I have a friend going in July and they can't book either (which I guess could mean they are all gone).

Didn't go back through all the posts so I appoligize in advance if this has been asked and answered.

When I look at excursions for my April 2012 cruise (I know...long ways off) I can see all the excursions for Half Moon Cay and Nassau but it will only let me book the Nassau items. When I called Carnival I got a line about all those items not available online have to be booked on the ship - which I know is not true after reading this thread (wish they would get their sh^t together). So my only other thought is I have to be within a timeframe window to book. Can anyone confirm?

I have a friend going in July and they can't book either (which I guess could mean they are all gone).

Who knows what is going on. I can't help you much. I booked one for our July 2011 cruise, but I just went and tried again and could not. It could mean that all of them are booked.