changing cruise booking after deposit

hezzy

I wondered if anyone has had experience with Oceania with the following problem. We are booked, paid deposit, and have about 30 days before final payment and we need to cancel this cruise, but would like to schedule at another time. Something serious, and unexpected has come up with a member of our family and we really cannot go at the scheduled time.

My question is, will Oceania work with us to reschedule or should we just cancel and re-book later? Any input would be appreciated. We have cruised with them before and love their cruises. We still want to go, just need another date.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We had to cancel a cruise & decide to book another one

They refunded the deposit then we paid a new deposit for the new cruise.

They apparently do not transfer the deposit

Lyn

I have had to change booked cruises after the deposits were paid twice, both shortly before final payment. On both occasions my lovely and very efficient TA had the deposits transferred from the old booking to the new. Frankly it never occurred to me there would be a problem.

I was in the hospital when final payment became due. We cancelled with one day to spare. We contacted the TA from the hospital and had our deposit refunded. A couple of other times, we cancelled a cruise and had our deposits transferred without any hitches. In fact, we are booked on a cruise leaving this November and we have two deposits transferred to it. We could not make up our mind about two cruises, this one in November and another at a later date. We will probably cancel the latter one and have it trasferred to the November cruise. Not once has any of our emergency or otherwise change in travel plans hinder refund or transfer of deposits to anothjer sailing.

I deal with one of the big American online agencies and was told that I could not have a deposit transferred to another cruise. This is disappointing to me because as a Canadian I lose on exchange when I book, again when I cancel, and a third time when I re-book.

I deal with one of the big American online agencies and was told that I could not have a deposit transferred to another cruise. This is disappointing to me because as a Canadian I lose on exchange when I book, again when I cancel, and a third time when I re-book.

Yes I agree.

Though I did gain a bit on with the exchange rate on my last cancellation;)

Lyn

You could look into having your booking transferred to another TA, one that would get your booking moved for you.

I have booked directly with the cruiseline before then transferred to a TA but I did not know you could transfer from one TA to another.

In any case, every agent I have dealt with so far has always said that they have to credit the card. Too bad you can't give names on CC.

Archived