Suite switch---would you ???

tteettimes

on CB i have booked C748

after reading prg2101's review I am wondering if you would recommend I switch to A751 ???----would anyone have a recommendation regarding these suites ??? thanks

I'd stay where you are... We love C748 and as stated above, it leaves a couple of floors between yourselves and the aft pool so no noise from above.

on CB i have booked C748

after reading prg2101's review I am wondering if you would recommend I switch to A751 ???----would anyone have a recommendation regarding these suites ??? thanks

Did you try putting each cabin number into the search engine at the top of the page and see what different people have written about each?

I wouldn't say that it's a bad area to be in, not in the slightest but having stayed in a suite directly below the aft pool on Sapphire, we certainly did hear the scraping of deck hands arranging sunbeds early mornings and evenings.

Thats strange cause we never heard a peep on the CB from above....

Did you try putting each cabin number into the search engine at the top of the page and see what different people have written about each?

yes---have done that--however we have prg2101 who just debarked this suite----recent info you know-----BTW ----TYVM;)

We were in C750 last summer and it has one of the "beams". It wasn't bad but it did break up the balcony somewhat. C748 is next to the vent and awhile ago some people mentioned an odor and/or more noise. We didn't hear a thing except the thrusters when we were coming into port but it was not a problem. If it were me I'd stay in C748. I wouldn't want to be under the aft pool. We had friends who were in R411 a couple of years ago and they heard scraping and walking all hours of the day and night. Granted the Aloha suite is on the back of the ship but I wouldn't want to risk it if I could avoid it.

We were in C750 last summer and it has one of the "beams". It wasn't bad but it did break up the balcony somewhat. C748 is next to the vent and awhile ago some people mentioned an odor and/or more noise. We didn't hear a thing except the thrusters when we were coming into port but it was not a problem. If it were me I'd stay in C748. I wouldn't want to be under the aft pool. We had friends who were in R411 a couple of years ago and they heard scraping and walking all hours of the day and night. Granted the Aloha suite is on the back of the ship but I wouldn't want to risk it if I could avoid it.

First of all R411 isnt even part of this thread so Im not sure where that comes into the conversatioin....:rolleyes:sorry but the OP wanted comparison of C758 and A751....I just got off of the ship "he or she" is asking about and was in the aft cabin they are asking about.......I heard no noises from the aft pool at any time in 10 days......Why are u telling the OP to "avoid the Area".....have u stayed in this cabin before????

True Fact.....no noise from aft pool in the Aloha Aft cabins!!!! Enough said......

Right on Mike------but both of these suites are AFT-----:)

prg2101 had mentioned that maybe the balcony on A751 was larger

that's why I was asking---other than possible noises from the aft pool above which John said he didn't hear any

i think its moot-------both are VERY desirable locations

:D:D:D:D

I don't think you could go wrong with either and personally I would probably take A751 just on the premise that the balcony was reported to be larger.

It has been my experience that the Terrace pool is not that busy early in the am or late evening anyway. I have heard many complain about noise over the forward suites but not the aft ones.

Mike:)

To me it seems a bit like choosing the Filet Mignon with garlic butter or the Filet Mignon with bleu cheese crust. Certainly a better class of choices! Lucky you.

I wish the upgrade fairy would visit us!

We had A 751 on the Caribbean Princess several years ago. Indeed it has a very large balcony without a beam. On our particular cruise, someone regularly banged a door above us late in the evening. They may have done something about that door in the past few years so it is no longer an issue. It wasn't constant, just startling when you didn't expect it.

The next time we booked a suite, we had one on the Dolphin deck on the Crown (aft). Although it had the beam and was a slightly smaller suite, we personally like the location a bit better.

423544260_Balconyloungers.jpg.af2295a1531cd862a64ab925a904536d.jpg

16033032_Balconytableandchairs.jpg.e857cf6d8bed1faad1d44fdfe4f9d0ff.jpg

Archived