Therapy Pool NOT

Redtravel

My spouse and I have traveled on Celebrity many times. We have enjoyed the spa pools on many ships. The Journey therapy pool is not theraputic. It is just a small hot tub outside on the deck at the front of the ship. There are some lounge chairs on that deck. The water is not very warm. There are a few metal seats. It is nothing like the pools on the Celebrity ships. We tried it and requested our money back. It was also closed on some days. The hot tubs on the pool deck were warmer and had more vibrant motion in the water. Save your money. If you still want to try it, look the area over before signing up.

My spouse and I have traveled on Celebrity many times. We have enjoyed the spa pools on many ships. The Journey therapy pool is not theraputic. It is just a small hot tub outside on the deck at the front of the ship. There are some lounge chairs on that deck. The water is not very warm. There are a few metal seats. It is nothing like the pools on the Celebrity ships. We tried it and requested our money back. It was also closed on some days. The hot tubs on the pool deck were warmer and had more vibrant motion in the water. Save your money. If you still want to try it, look the area over before signing up.

I cannot disagree more. The Thalassotherapy Pool on M Class ships are far to salty. I cannot use them. On Quest, the Thalassotherpy Pool is a mixture of Sea Salt amd Minerals and much healthier. We also found that the temperature was great but may have been a little hot for some people. The chairs and loungers were extremely comfortable and the area never crowded although they had sold all the tickets for the area.

With a suite at the rear of the ship, we found the TPool ideal. It meant that we could find somewhere in the shade to read at any time of the day between the two areas. We did not have to pay but those who did considered it a real bargain. There was always fruit and flavoured iced waters available, good changing facilities with robes, slippers and plenty of towels.

Sue

I enjoyed the T-pool on Journey, but did note the war between US pax, who wanted it hot, and Finnish pax, who wanted it cooled down. Although I enjoyed an evening soak most days, I would not pay the $175 per couple for the entire cruise (plus an 18% gratuity) again. They oversold the area, and on sea days (we had 9 of them) it was impossible to find a chair at peak times. In addition, there were no services provided, so the 18% was merely an insult.

I don't know if both ships have the same pool deck services, but on Quest the main pool attendants regularly came by with cold towels, spritzers, carrot juice, cucumbers, fruit, etc. I didn't hang out there on Journey, so I don't know if they also do that in the main pool area, but we never saw so much as a single bar server at the T-Pool (beer is therapeutic, you know);).

Jean

Was that on the Quest they oversold the passes? We certainly had a bad experience in January that way and got absolutely no service for our 18% gratuity however later cruisers seemed to post otherwise - I am just trying to guage whether it is worth the investment on our August trip

Jean

Was that on the Quest they oversold the passes? We certainly had a bad experience in January that way and got absolutely no service for our 18% gratuity however later cruisers seemed to post otherwise - I am just trying to guage whether it is worth the investment on our August trip

No, it was on Journey. We didn't buy a pass on Quest, but I looked out there a few times and never saw more than 2 people. But that's the difference between 9 sea days and 2, I suppose.

You have to pay extra on Journey and Quest to use these?

You have to pay extra on Journey and Quest to use these?

Yes, unless you're booked in a Royal or Penthouse suite. It's not an Elite perk the way it is on the smaller Celebrity ships. On both of our cruises (one on each ship) it was $99 per person or $175 for a couple for the entire cruise. They sold day passes for $19/day pp on Quest; not sure about Journey. And they add an 18% gratuity for no apparent reason other than that they can.

Pool deck had no attendant....towels, water and fruit. Spa also did not have an attendant. Water in the spa showers had water temperatures that were not constant. Freeze one minute, burn the next. And, no shower caps. Hair got went. When I asked for a comb, I was told that none were available. I was also told that I could opt to get my hair done at their salon. Service? No WAY

Archived