Breakfast on your balcony

brazilgirl

It definitely says on the dailies that it is requested people not take food from the dining areas.

When did that start? Since we usually have a balcony, and it is often located near the aft buffet area, it has been common for us to bring back something to eat out there. I don't like calling room service for every apple or plate of sushi we may like to eat on our balcony.

It definitely says on the dailies that it is requested people not take food from the dining areas. I'm not saying I have never done it and we know that "requested" can mean a different thing to some, particularly on dress code threads, but I'm just not going there!:o

Phil

I carefully read four of the recent dailies included in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997679 and found nothing about removing food from the dining areas. Similarly, I can't recall ever seeing a sign in a dining area about taking food away.

I am not trying to resusitate a horse that has been thoroughly pummeled to death. However, I just don't think Celebrity has a rule about this subject. :)

Les

It definitely says on the dailies that it is requested people not take food from the dining areas....

Hi Phil! Hope all is well in the UK. It has been a long time since we sailed together.

Your comment got me curious and I looked through a few old dailies. I found the request in some from our March 2007 cruise (when we met!) but didn't see any mention about it in the dailies from cruises in 2008 nor 2009. It still might be there, but I couldn't find it. That doesn't mean that they've changed their policy - but I think they've removed it from the dailies. If you look at the most recent dailies - from March 2009 - they've reduced the length considerably in any event and there is a lot less in the way of boilerplate notices and information now. I think this is part of a "green" effort to reduce the amount of junk paper they generate on board. There was a major reduction in the amount of ads delivered to our room for store sales and art auctions too.

Quite bluntly - I've never even known there was a policy against this before reading this thread.

BTW - for anyone interested I have a bunch of dailies available online. They are listed on this link - click here

I've never even known there was a policy against this before reading this thread.

Neither had I. Frankly, it would come close to being a deal-breaker for me, if we could not bring some food back to the cabin, as we so enjoy having snacks on our balcony, and we don't want to wait for room service, except for breakfast or an occasional hamburger.

Larry, I'm doing fine and I'm looking forward to sailing with you again. It has been too long.

Les, I'm not trying to resusitate the subject either. Just putting the information as I understand it out there. I don't always agree with Veronica so it's nice to be able to for a change:D It's on that second PDF file on page three I think, under the details of evening dress code and special diets. It's been there for a number of years as far as I remember.

Phil

Kim - Most aft cabin stewards will accommodate a few CC breakfast items with no problem. Sometimes they've brought tablecloths, sometimes not but we never specifically asked. Just ask, and they'll try to please you. Even just coffee and juice, maybe smoothies for the kids, on the balcony with a tablecloth, in your robe starts the day off great.

I always answer the door in my bathrobe for room service.

In a regular cabin, the choices are limited. CC Class has a few options, but frankly, I tried a few bites of each one each day, and really disliked them.

I've never had them "set the table". Only put the tray down outside. But then again, I've never asked.

If you stick to simple things, coffee, hot chocolate, toast, eggs, etc. you'll be fine. If you're the type who likes a BIG breakfast, go upstairs.

And PLEASE remember, they ask you NOT TO TAKE FOOD to your cabin...if you drop it, spill it, etc. who do you think has to clean it up? Obviously, not you.

Great.....one more item to add to my list......The cabin food police! :rolleyes:

Thanks , Cruzendude...banana pancakes sound lovely.

I have been abstaining from the conversation because I never once mentioned bringing anything back to my stateroom.LOL! Wasn´t ever in my plans!

It has been interesting reading though!

Kim

Archived