Does NCL have any kind of a future cruise credit program?

Rstamper

I am thinking of booking the Pearl for next year going to Alaska, but first I might take a cruise on the Pearl this September - 1-night. Does NCL have any kind of program like Princess does where you can buy future cruise credits onboard. You pay $100 per person and then you have up to 4 years to book a cruise. You get onboard credit and your deposit on the cruise is the $100 you put down for the FCC.

Yes, NCL has its own program. You pay $250 per future credit and get a $100 on board account credit for your current cruise, so your net cost is $150. This future cruise credit can then be used as the full deposit for one cabin on a future sailing...now up 4 years after you purchase it.

Yes, NCL has its own program. You pay $250 per future credit and get a $100 on board account credit for your current cruise, so your net cost is $150. This future cruise credit can then be used as the full deposit for one cabin on a future sailing...now up 4 years after you purchase it.

Yes, they do! It is the greatest; we buy one or two each time we cruise.:D

Are you saying NCL's is up to 4 years to sail? We just purchased ours in March and it had gone up to 30 months. Thanks

EDIT: Never mind....found it on the NCL site......it now lists 4 years. Wow...in only a few months it has been changes out that far. Good for them and us!

Edited by veggie59
more info

So if I bought one future cruise credit are you saying that I could then apply it to a cabin for two and that would be all I would have to use - just one FCC of $250? On some other lines you have to buy two FCC - one for yourself and one for the other person in the cabin and they both have to be applied to get the $100 each discounted deposit - unless you want to use just one and then you have to pay the full deposit for the other one in your cabin.

Thanks for your information.

So if I bought one future cruise credit are you saying that I could then apply it to a cabin for two and that would be all I would have to use - just one FCC of $250? On some other lines you have to buy two FCC - one for yourself and one for the other person in the cabin and they both have to be applied to get the $100 each discounted deposit - unless you want to use just one and then you have to pay the full deposit for the other one in your cabin.

Thanks for your information.

Nope just one holds the whole cabin for two. If you have a bunch of people or in a bigger suite I think they might require more. But I have one holding a min-suite right now for my august cruise. They can also be used if you book with NCL or if you book with a travel agency it doesn't matter.

I am thinking of booking the Pearl for next year going to Alaska, but first I might take a cruise on the Pearl this September - 1-night. Does NCL have any kind of program like Princess does where you can buy future cruise credits onboard. You pay $100 per person and then you have up to 4 years to book a cruise. You get onboard credit and your deposit on the cruise is the $100 you put down for the FCC.

I looked and their are no 1 nighters in Sept-October? I would like to do this on the Star to see if I would like it for next summer. We have only been on the Pearl so far.

We also purchased a future cruise credit in March. So even though it was 30 months at the time of purchase, it's now good for 4 years? Good thing for CC boards, you always get good info!

We also purchased a future cruise credit in March. So even though it was 30 months at the time of purchase, it's now good for 4 years? Good thing for CC boards, you always get good info!

Not sure that would apply to yours if that policy wasn't in effect at that time - may be for only those from when it went into effect. I would check so that you are for sure but hopefully you wouldn't have to wait that long anyway.

Yes, they do! It is the greatest; we buy one or two each time we cruise.:D

You can get more then one? Would that count for separate cruises then? This is the easiest way to get a great deal! When we were on the Star we put $250 down on a future cruise ( at the time I think it was that you had 2 years to book and one year after to cruise but am not sure) and got $100 OBC. You just cannot go wrong if you plan to cruise NCL again. So explain about more then one. Could we have put $500 down and gotten $200 OBC on our next cruise?:confused:

If you want to get a Garden Villa or something similar, will the cruise certificate purchased on a prior cruise be good enough to hold the cabin or since it's generally $1,000pp to hold a cabin like that, will they want more money up front?

No, sorry, yours expires in the time in effect at the time of your purchase. The new time period went into effect May 1.

You can get more then one? Would that count for separate cruises then? This is the easiest way to get a great deal! When we were on the Star we put $250 down on a future cruise ( at the time I think it was that you had 2 years to book and one year after to cruise but am not sure) and got $100 OBC. You just cannot go wrong if you plan to cruise NCL again. So explain about more then one. Could we have put $500 down and gotten $200 OBC on our next cruise?:confused:

You can purchase up to 4. They can be used for multiple cruises or multiple cabins on one cruise. You can also buy them as gifts as they are completely transferable. For each one you buy, you get a $100 OBC. So if you buy 4 for $1000, you get $400 back.

The new 4 year policy went into effect May 1, 2009.

I purchased one last week and have already booked the NLC Epic. It's a great deal and valid for four years.

I also have future cruise credits with Princess.

One of the big differences between the two future cruise credit offerings is that Princess wil refund your $100 if you do not use it within four years. NCL advised me that they do not offer refunds.

That won't be a problem because I know I will book something, but it would be customer-friendly to offer the refund if you don't use it.

Oh well ----- !

If you want to get a Garden Villa or something similar, will the cruise certificate purchased on a prior cruise be good enough to hold the cabin or since it's generally $1,000pp to hold a cabin like that, will they want more money up front?

Cruise rewards can be used as a full deposit for all cats, EXECEPT Owner's Suites, Garden Villas, and Courtyard Villas. For those 3 cats, the $250 will be applied towards the deposit.

We are booked on the Sky in Oct 2009 and the Spirit for Aug 2010. If I buy a Future Cruise Credit of $250 on the Sky, can I apply the credit to the already deposited Spirit and use the $100 OBC on the Sky.

This is our first time on NCL.

We are booked on the Sky in Oct 2009 and the Spirit for Aug 2010. If I buy a Future Cruise Credit of $250 on the Sky, can I apply the credit to the already deposited Spirit and use the $100 OBC on the Sky.

You can definitely use the $100 OBC on the Sky cruise, but you may or may not be able to exchange your $250 FCC for the existing deposit amount on the Spirit. It depends a lot on who you deal with at NCL. Previously, I've made arrangements with my PCC to refund an $800 deposit in exchange for a subsequently purchased Cruise Credit. However, the arrangements were made at the time I booked the second cruise (it was to hold the last Aft mini-suite on a sailing in Europe) and the first cruise was only 6 or 7 weeks away. Notionally, it would be no different than canceling your second cruise, getting the refund of your current deposit, then a few days later rebooking using your FCC. My experience is that the NCL reps will eventually be flexible and reasonable, but it sometimes takes a couple of phone calls.

Good luck and enjoy your upcoming cruise!

P.

Cruise rewards can be used as a full deposit for all cats, EXECEPT Owner's Suites, Garden Villas, and Courtyard Villas. For those 3 cats, the $250 will be applied towards the deposit.

Thank you for this clarification!

Great question. I'm interested in this as well.

Thank you for this clarification!

Great question. I'm interested in this as well.

You can certainly use the $100 OBC on the Sky when you buy your deposit certificate, and I've read, often, that you can indeed put that deposit towards your already booked cruise. Some will say "technically" you cannot, but I say "in reality" you can. ;)

In case Ms Belp is absent for awhile, I will answer you question. Yes, you can buy as many as you want. BUT each certificate is only good for one cabin per cruise. Does that answer you question?

Oops.. Sorry KerCar.. You are way ahead of me. :D

Edited by AWinkler

and since they are transferable...i was thinking of doing this...to be a nice brother.

sister and her family will book EPIC next year. i can by $250 rewards for her this august on sky...and i'll even give her $100 in cash!

how nice am i?

In case Ms Belp is absent for awhile, I will answer you question. Yes, you can buy as many as you want. BUT each certificate is only good for one cabin per cruise. Does that answer you question?

You can now buy as many as you want? They have had a limit of 4. Something new?

Yeppers!:D Multiple cabins on one cruise (which would really be great if you are travelling with family or your MIL!:rolleyes:) or multiple cruises which isn't much of a benefit unless you think NCL is going to remove the promotion.

Before I get flamed, I had a terrific mother-in-law. :cool: