what month Bermuda

a-w

does anyone know which month is a better month to go to Bermuda is it sep or oct we want to swim so we want decent weather.

i have never been to Bermuda if any one has any suggestions pls tell me thx in advance and im also torn between the 2 ships that r going which one is a better ship the Majesty or the dawn and what is a better PORT thx

We've done May 31, 2009 (in Bermuda June 3-4-5) and also Oct 5, 2008 (in Bermuda Oct 8-9-10) both on the Norwegian Dawn (we are balcony people and the Majesty doesn't offer any balconies). The water was slightly warmer in Oct but very swimmable in June. Water temp was around 80 degrees both times. Portegese (sp) Man of War ( a relative of the jellyfish) are more prevelent in May/early June. In September you have a better chance of a hurricane.

As far as the ports,the Dockyard is much easier to get around from. The ferry from St George only runs until 4pm. DY is closer to the South Shore beaches and Gibbs Lighthouse. (St David's lighthouse is nearer to St George but busses are less frequent out to where it is.) I would encourage you to consider the Dawn at Heritage Wharf (aka the Dockyard) but take the ferry to St George to check it out. Even going through the "cut" on the ferry is fun.

The weather should be fine in either September or October...we've done both.

The Dawn is the newer, bigger, glitzier ship with far more facilities, restaurants, etc. The Majesty is older, smaller and more intimate.

The Dockyard is probably a bit more conveniently located for a first time Bermuda cruiser who wants to see the country's major points of interest, but St. George's is quaint, charming and unhurried.

does anyone know which month is a better month to go to Bermuda is it sep or oct we want to swim so we want decent weather.

i have never been to Bermuda if any one has any suggestions pls tell me thx in advance and im also torn between the 2 ships that r going which one is a better ship the Majesty or the dawn and what is a better PORT thx

We hare heading there October 11 on the Dawn ou tof NYC. The average water temp in Sept is 82 and in OCt 77. Air Temp Sept is 79, in Oct 80.9. Not much a difference.

I would (and did) choose the Dawn because she is a newer ship and I also like the balcony. Plus NYC is convienient for me to get to. This is also hurricane season but that is always a hit or miss beacause you just can't predict ahead of time if you are in teh line of fire.

Giood luick on your decision and if should choose OCt 11, come and join out roll call!:)

We hare heading there October 11 on the Dawn ou tof NYC. The average water temp in Sept is 82 and in OCt 77. Air Temp Sept is 79, in Oct 80.9. Not much a difference.

I would (and did) choose the Dawn because she is a newer ship and I also like the balcony. Plus NYC is convienient for me to get to. This is also hurricane season but that is always a hit or miss beacause you just can't predict ahead of time if you are in teh line of fire.

Giood luick on your decision and if should choose OCt 11, come and join out roll call!:)

Sorry, the "temps" you list don't mean much. Can vary a big range. It sounds like you have not sailed here yet????

Plenty of people go in October, I've done so myself several times, It has always been colder than prior trips. Since the priority for me is the water, and snorkling, then I like the, overall warmer temps. For a day at the beach, and in shore water, it's not as cold. But, I go shore snorkling in deep water, and stay out for hours. Just depends what you're looking for. It's all great in Bermuda.

I just returned from Bermuda and it was my very first trip there. To me Dockyard was very Tourist oriented where St. George was more of the Bermuda you here about. You can walk (15-20 minutes) to Tobacco Bay which is great for snorkeling and it is only a short bus ride to two of the hidden gems (Clearwater Beach and Turtle Bay in St. David). You can always take the buses from St. George to Horseshoe Bay, etc. but it will take you longer than from Dockyard.

I have been on both the Dawn and Majesty and the Dawn is far superior but if I was going to dock for three days in Bermuda again, I would chose the Majesty (To bad she will be gone after October) because of St. George. Just giving you a different point of view.

Tom

Sorry, the "temps" you list don't mean much. Can vary a big range. It sounds like you have not sailed here yet????

Plenty of people go in October, I've done so myself several times, It has always been colder than prior trips. Since the priority for me is the water, and snorkling, then I like the, overall warmer temps. For a day at the beach, and in shore water, it's not as cold. But, I go shore snorkling in deep water, and stay out for hours. Just depends what you're looking for. It's all great in Bermuda.

I took the temps from a website which stated average. Of couse it's going to vary. I have been there twice, Once in July and once in late September. Both times I did go snorkling but maybe not as deep as you do because I found the water just fine.

Sorry, the "temps" you list don't mean much. Can vary a big range. It sounds like you have not sailed here yet???? Quite an assumption on your part. Many people go to Bermuda at least once a year.

You must be cold-blooded. The temps last October both in and out of the water were wonderful. If fact they seemed warmer than our cruise there last week. And yes we snorkeled and swam both times.

My dear friend, iheartbda, cruises to Bermuda (at least) once a year, and October is a favored month for her because of water temps... I dunno.. I think I'll buy what she's sellin'.

We just traveled to Bermuda last September. The water was gorgeous and warm but for some reason the surf was rough a few days. There was a hurricane out to sea I suppose that was why. The air temp was perfect. We rode scooters the whole time. I tend to be chilled easily but I didn't mind even the evening air. We went via the Majesty. A small ship but beautiful and elegant ship.

If you do take the Dawn don't miss going up to St. Georges. It was probably the most incredibly beautiful part of the whole island. Although the whole island is incredible. Can you tell I fell in love with Bermuda?

The sunsets were awesome, good snorkeling and the views? Ahhhhhhhhh! I wan't to go back. misskittykat

Our preference is docking in St. George but there are many who prefer Dockyard. If you've never been there before, either place will be fine since the public transportation is cheap and easy. It may take longer to get to some places from St. George but you can use the travel time as a cheap tour.

Same goes for the ships, you'll find people who like one better than the other but ask yourself how important is the ship? If bigger, newer, possibly more ameneties is what you want, take the Dawn.

Whichever ship you choose, just remember that Bermuda is the prize that started you on your journey.:)

...... It sounds like you have not sailed here yet????

HUH????

....... Since the priority for me is the water, and snorkling, then I like the, overall warmer temps....... Just depends what you're looking for. It's all great in Bermuda.

Exactly, that's YOUR priority. No one knows precisely what the OP's priority is but since only swimming and decent weather was mentioned, that's what most posters were addressing.

Yes, Oct. can be a bit cooler than Sept. but I never noticed it keeping people out of the water. In addition, the water temps in Oct. are warmer than in the dead of summer at most of the eastern US beaches and no one seems to have a problem there either.:D

thx for all the replies i think i want to take the dawn just because its a newer ship and i think its a 7 day trip so more time in Bermuda if any one has any suggestions on things to do and must c places :) pls tell me thx

thx for all the replies i think i want to take the dawn just because its a newer ship and i think its a 7 day trip so more time in Bermuda if any one has any suggestions on things to do and must c places :) pls tell me thx

If you're cruising in October, both the Majesty (from Philadelphia) and the Dawn (from NY) offer 7 day cruises. We normally cruise on the Dawn, but are taking the Majesty this year for a change of pace...and to experience the ship before it leaves the NCL fleet at the end of October.

We are going on the Majesty's last sailing this coming October 24th. I'm not a water person so I can't comment on that but I think the cruise would be nicer this time of year based on what I have read.

Our very first cruise was our Honeymoon to Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith. It left NY on Oct 19 and we absolutely loved it. I hate the heat and found the temp perfect so much so that we just booked the Dawn to Bermuda for Oct 11.

Our very first cruise was our Honeymoon to Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith. It left NY on Oct 19 and we absolutely loved it. I hate the heat and found the temp perfect so much so that we just booked the Dawn to Bermuda for Oct 11.

Hey Harleycat! It's getting closer by the minute!:)

Archived