buying wine for the cabin

Hi,

Can my travel agent still buy wine for our cabin, and can we purchase liquor from the ship for our cabin, like vodka to be delivered when we get there? If so, can I buy and bring in my carry-on some OJ or any other juices?

Thanks

newlu

You can bring on soda/water - most normally buy in a local store and bring onboard.

You can pre order wine for your cabin and pay for it prior to your cruise via the RCCL website - it cant be done on board apparently.:mad:

Any liquor you purchase on board from the ships gift shops or in the ports you visit will be kept and delivered to your cabin the evening before departure.

Yes, your TA or you can pre-order wine for you in your cabin. There are some states that may not allow them to deliver it to your cabin before sailaway (Texas maybe).

You can not buy a bottle of alcohol for the cabin. They sell it in the onboard shops, but they don't let you take it to your cabin, they deliver it to your cabin the last night of the cruise.

You can buy the wine and dine package for the MDR or the WJ, and ask your waiter (or the head waiter in the WJ) to take a bottle from your wine and dine to take back to your cabin. I do this all of the time. You can, also buy a bottle of wine at the Champagne bar or Vintages (assuming your ship has these areas). You can, also, buy a bottle of wine from room service or a cocktail. You can always buy a cocktail in a bar and drink it anywhere on the ship.

jc

Yes, your TA or you can pre-order wine for you in your cabin. There are some states that may not allow them to deliver it to your cabin before sailaway (Texas maybe).

You can pre-order and have it delivered to your cabin in Texas. We did just that in Feb on the Voyager as we love sailaway on our balcony with a bottle of champagne.

Hi,

and can we purchase liquor from the ship for our cabin, like vodka to be delivered when we get there?

Thanks

newlu

Thanks!

I was sure you could order vodka for the room, from guest services, but I guess not!

newlu

Some other cruise lines allow this; Royal Caribbean does not.

I think I saw a passenger once buy a bottle of liquor along with some mix from a bar on board then mix their own during the cruise. Saw the Bottle latter on Deck in plain sight. I assume it was not duty free. Ship got their money. It might be similar to purchasing a bottle of liquor from a hotel with bar service at maybe a 300% markup.

John

Another solution is to simply book a different cruise line (such as Princess or HA) where its not a problem if you want to bring your own wine aboard (for your cabin or in the dining room with a corkage fee). It seems that RCI has decided that they want to increase their on-board revenue by restricting passengers from bringing their own wine and that is their choice. For us, it is just one more reason why we choose other lines more often and RCI much less.

Hank

You can bring on soda/water - most normally buy in a local store and bring onboard.

You can pre order wine for your cabin and pay for it prior to your cruise via the RCCL website - it cant be done on board apparently.:mad:

Any liquor you purchase on board from the ships gift shops or in the ports you visit will be kept and delivered to your cabin the evening before departure.

That is not correct. You can purchase the wine package once you are onboard or you can buy a single bottle of wine at any bar to take back to your stateroom. They do not allow hard liquor to be purchased for your stateroom though.

Archived