China Tour

scooter pie

I'll be arriving in Beijing on the Diamond on March 29. I would like to tour China for 7-14 days. Does anyone have a reliable guide or company that they've used in the past? Thanks.
I've used Viking River Cruises for a China trip as have quite a few of my friends. I just checked and they have a "China Discovery" 10-day tour that is R/T from Beijing. I couldn't find the dates of their trips but they're offering some pretty good incentives of 2:1 pricing, free air and wine with dinner. Here's a link to the information: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/us/cruises/CD/10CH-VDDCW/CSN/itinerary.aspx

"This 10-day itinerary shows you two sides of China. First, immerse yourself in China’s historic and very modern capital, Beijing: walk through the Forbidden City, stroll by the Summer Palace’s Kunming Lake and shaded gardens, stand upon the Great Wall of China and see some of the many improvements made for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games. Then, see a very different aspect of China on a 6-day Yangtze River cruise through the Three Gorges and beyond. includes passage through the Three Gorges Dam, an excursion into the Lesser Three Gorges, and a delightful visit to a Viking-sponsored school along the river."

In March I travelled to China with my mother. We did a 12 day comprehensive land tour. We LOVED the company that we toured with, and would definately tour with them again (and again).:)

I am not sure if I can post the name of the company on this board (due to the no advertising rule- I don't work for them, but...), but if you email me, I will be happy to send you the name of the company and answer all of your questions.

tracie@carolina.rr.com

TL

We just returned from China and did the Viking River Cruise & Tour and then boarded the Diamond Beijing/Alaska. Viking has an excellent product, wonderful city tours and the river boat has comfortable accommodations. Now that they offer the reduced fare posted by PAM in CA, I would say you will get good value for the dollar and it is worth checking out.

We used a private guide in Beijing for 7 days and we had the most wonderfull time with her. She arranged all our tours and sightseeings including a flight to Xian to see the Terra Cotta Wariors. If you are interested in a private guide I can give you her e-mail address if you e-mail me (same reason as post above).

rockwellhomes@telus.net

Theo

Archived