Veteran cruisers: Brilliance GS 1060...how large is this balcony?Pictures?

:confused: Looking for comments from veteran cruisers re the balcony on Brilliance GS 1060 ( or the equivalent on any Radiance class ship). Just how large is it? Anyone know actual dimensions? Have pictures to share?

A thousand thanks, and may your favourite martini be bottomless.

Ken

Here's a link to info and photos of GS 1060 on her sister ship Radiance...I believe they're pretty much the same. Hope that helps. I just did a search on "1060" on the cabin selection forum of this board. A lot of hits came up, so you may find more and/or better info if you looked at all the threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557871&highlight=1060

I was in 1060 on Radiance, my favorite room to date. What a huge balcony, and since it is next to the elevators (can't hear a thing) the wind is blocked, which is great. also on the other side of the elevators is the CL. It is IMO the best located room. central located, next to elevators and CL. One day I will have that room again. :D

Here you go, Ken.

This is Jean's album of pictures of Radiance's 1060, which is the same as Brilliance.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560894444dWkWZw

The balcony is indeed enormous, but is mostly empty real estate. There was a small table, two chairs and two loungers. Mind you, we had a party and it was great to have all that space for people to stand at the railing, but if you're not going to host a party, it's way more than you'll need. The downside of the cabin for me was that it was dark - the huge fully covered balcony meant that very little light made it into the cabin.

We had a smoker below us, and the balcony trapped a lot of his smoke, even when we were underway.

And there's a loudspeaker mounted on the balcony, so every morning when the Captain told us we were in port (which he did even at 7:00 in the morning), we were awakened. I never did find the off switch.

But the location is superb - I loved being steps from the stairs and the CL. Although I'm normally a fan of the aft cabins, on a lazy day I loved not having to walk very far.:)

Archived