Help.... Where to go in Cozumel!

Booman14

My family and I will be in Cozumel in late November, and we were wondering is there a nice place to go to spend half a day swimming, snorkeling, or just laying around? Then spend the rest of the day shopping...... What are the options? Thanks.....:)

My family and I will be in Cozumel in late November, and we were wondering is there a nice place to go to spend half a day swimming, snorkeling, or just laying around? Then spend the rest of the day shopping...... What are the options? Thanks.....:)

If you don't mind paying an entrance fee, Chankanaab Park is a neat place to spend a day. They have a Botanical Garden, dolphins, plenty of palapas and chairs. The food is good, the drinks cold and the snorkeling is some of the best without going on a boat trip out to one of the reefs.

If you are on a budget you might try Paradise Beach. All they ask is that you spend $10@ for food and they charge to use their water toys. I think that it was $8 on our last visit. Tom runs a nice place and you can be assured that the food and service is good and the drinks cold. The only drawback is the snorkeling isn't very good.

Taxis run about $8 (last visit) and there is shopping at the piers or in San Miguel.

Love this site check it out...............

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Thanks,..... Has anyone else been to any of the beaches in Cozumel?

I have been to both sides....

the West side is the commercial side of Cozumel. This is the side where all your beach resorts will be.

You have free beach resorts (who do not charge an entrance fee ) like Paradise Beach and some that do charge an entrance fee like Playa Mia.

"Free beach resorts" like Paradise Beach do not charge for the use of their lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas or CLEAN restrooms. They do expect you to eat/drink while you are there. Paradise Beach does offer an optional wristband IF you want to play on the non-motorized water and land toys. It is $10 for the wristband. Our boys always get it...hubby and I do not. (we are shade people). All the beach resorts on the West side will have the same "water" since they all run together.

Taxis will run you $12-15 one way depending on where you dock for up to 4 people. Don't worry about getting a taxi back to the ship.

On the EAST side, it is primitive (no electricity etc). And no swimming since the rip tides are to dangerous for swimming. A few bars over there that are a lot of fun....but taxis do not run on that side like on the West side because there is just not enough business for them. You would need to use a private driver or try to get a taxi driver to agree to come back for you at an appointed time. We have used the private driver before...but not a taxi.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Xcaret is the place to go in my opinion. Plenty of shops, and anything you could possibly want to do all in one place. Just google Xcaret and you can see all that the park has to offer.

This requires a cruiser to "leave the island" which I never recommend they do unless they are on a ship tour.

This requires a cruiser to "leave the island" which I never recommend they do unless they are on a ship tour.

I agree, and I booked it through the ship. This will be the only excursion I book through the ship, but the price wasn't bad - $89/pp. Someone said Royal was charging $20 more than that pp.

Having been there before and having really enjoyed the park, we want to see what we missed the first time. It is also a great place for groups with mixed interests as everyone can find something that interests them. Here is the link.

http://www.xcaret.com/

Ditto!

The ship is offering this tour and at a fairly reasonable rate. I don't want to scare off new cruisers by making it sound like an unsafe excursion to do because the ship sponsored tour is not going to jeopardize getting back to the ship in time.

This is a great park for an overall experience in that you can do just about anything that is offered on the other excursions within this park, so if you are traveling as a group like we do (5 - 6 people) and have people who might want to do different things (snorkel - visit ruins) this is a good choice.

Archived