Cruise Daily- Solstice Eastern Med

bryce125

Hi David,

We're planning a Sail Away party and are wondering what time is muster drill? Also, which 2 nights are formal nights?

Do they offer a laundry special and if so, how many days into the cruise. I'm trying to pack as little as possible!

Thanks!

The muster drill was around 4pm.

The formal nights on the 10 day cruise were the two nights of the days at sea.

There was just one laundry special quite near the end of the cruise. I think I saw another thread on this today so maybe you can have a look at that. Someone has actually posted all the prices. Its called "Laundry on Solstice?" on page 2, there are actually two different threads with similar titles so you can read them both.

She's a beautiful ship, you will love being on her.

Hi David,

Would you mind looking to see if there is a 'Flava' or 'White' Night (where everyone is asked to wear white) on one of the evenings and if so, which one? This event as been mentioned a couple of times, the last time saying it was held at about 10 pm around the pool.

The other things I was interested in were details of any enrichment programs on board or demonstrations (aside from the glass blowing).

A million thanks

Laura

On our cruise it was the night that we left Piraeus/Athens. At 10:00 p.m. there was Flava A Mediterranean Poolside Production, which was poolside Deck 12 ("throw on a Toga, bring your Bouzouki") and following that was Ibiza White Night Party, 11:15 p.m. to midnight, poolside Deck 12. "Dress theme: Anything white".

Hi Laura, sorry about the late hour but had to catch up with work.

Monday night (4th night) @10pm, a "Flava" of Entertainment begins. An all-new Mediterranean-themed production until midnight at the poolside.

Enrichment programmes:

1. The glory that was Greece thru the lens of Mykonos and Santorini (David Fulton)

2. Bridges around the Word (Ronald Kaufman)

3. Ephesus (David Fulton)

4. The Bay of Naples in Ancient History & Literature (David Fulton)

5. The creation & history of the Panama Canal (Ronald Kaufman)

6.A short history of Rome from Etruscans to Empire (David Fulton)

Demos:

1. Floral demonstration

2. Lots of wines and spirits tastings

3. Dance lessons

4. Language classes

Hope this helps

nighty night :)

Hi David,

Thanks for doing this. Was there organized Bridge conducted during the cruise? I know there is a card room, but if it is organzied with a director it will be in dailies.

Thanks,

Norma

I thought I heard mention somewhere of a special 'one day buffet' - (or was I dreaming it ?) Do you happen to know when that might be ?

Also there I've heard talk of RCL reducing the costs of drinks... any sign of that on Solstice yet (ever hopeful !:D)

Thanks

Fig

I thought I heard mention somewhere of a special 'one day buffet' - (or was I dreaming it ?) Do you happen to know when that might be ?

Also there I've heard talk of RCL reducing the costs of drinks... any sign of that on Solstice yet (ever hopeful !:D)

Thanks

Fig

The only thing that comes to mind is on our first day at sea which happened to be a Sunday, they laid out a very nice brunch buffet in the MDR which was very popular. There was no breakfast or lunch service in the MDR that day obviously .

My bar bill wasn't any cheaper, so either the drinks are cheaper and I'm drinking more these days or nothing has changed :p

Hi David,

Thanks for doing this. Was there organized Bridge conducted during the cruise? I know there is a card room, but if it is organzied with a director it will be in dailies.

Thanks,

Norma

Norma, I'll get back to you this evening (UK time).

David

Hi David,

Thanks,

Norma

Norma, there is bridge play each day at 10am & 2pm in Card Room 9. Sorry but there are no other details on the programmes other than this

Have a great cruise, she is a beautiful ship. Be prepared for the heat, it was 37C in Athens, Rhodes and Santorini.

Rgds

David

The only thing that comes to mind is on our first day at sea which happened to be a Sunday, they laid out a very nice brunch buffet in the MDR which was very popular. There was no breakfast or lunch service in the MDR that day obviously .

I am wondering how this will affect the schedule for the Connections party? can anyone tell me when that took place & where?

Thanks David, my husband will appreciate this. Someone posted pictures that were actually of the interior of the ship and you are correct, she is beautiful. We leave on 9 November and I have my fingers crossed that we will still have some of that heat.

Norma

Thanks David, my husband will appreciate this. Someone posted pictures that were actually of the interior of the ship and you are correct, she is beautiful. We leave on 9 November and I have my fingers crossed that we will still have some of that heat.

Norma

Cheers, Norma, on reflection I think its the card room on Deck 9 rather than card room 9.

Hope you and your hubby enjoy your cruise in November.

David

Norma, there is bridge play each day at 10am & 2pm in Card Room 9. Sorry but there are no other details on the programmes other than this

Have a great cruise, she is a beautiful ship. Be prepared for the heat, it was 37C in Athens, Rhodes and Santorini.

Rgds

David

Woo Hoo! That's only 99 degrees Fahrenheit. I'll get a chance to cool off. :) :) :) We've been breaking a hundred degrees a lot this summer here in Lubbock, Texas. :) :) :)

Thanks David. Guess I'll pack my portable clothesline! :D

Good idea--there is no retractable clothesline in the shower--just a few hooks--so one has to improvise!

Any update on when they held the Connections party?

Archived