IOTS - 6710 vs 6712

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

I am new cruiser and will be sailing for the first time on the IOTS Dec 12th - 8 days. Currently I have Aft Cabin 6710 booked which is a corner aft cabin. However I wanted to know is it better to have the corner aft cabin or the one next door?

Does one have a bigger balcony than the other? Which is better I guess..Pro and Cons and photos of those cabins if you have them.

Many Thanks:D

Yes, I have but its hard to tell....it looks like the corner cabin balcony is bigger but I have heard all different answers to corner aft rooms so I was hoping to get some good advice from all of your pro cruisers.

I would stick with the corner. We had deck 7 corner aft on our November cruise on IOTS, (which IMHO, is the best non-suite balcony on the ship :D) and had deck 6 corner aft on our first NOTS cruise (and deck 7 corner aft on our last NOTS cruise). IOTS is a freedom class which is a stretched voyager class, so IOTS and NOTS have very similar layouts.

On the NOTS, decks 8, 7 and 6 balconies were flushed, not stepped. On the IOTS, they've extended the deck 6 balconies further out onto the deck area that is beyond so that we were able to look down and see some of the balcony. RCI doesn't show this in their online deck plans, just like they don't show how deck 7 corner aft balconies go all the way over to the big porthole on the side.

While the corner balconies on deck 6 on both the IOTS and NOTS do not go all the way over to the porthole, it does open up your view more and gives you more light and air. As for the inside, there is no difference in cabin size between 6710 and 6712, or any of the aft E1s.

With deck 6 corner, you will have neighbors on only one side of you, making it a little more private; but your balcony will be overlooking part of the crew deck 5 on the other side.

The first picture in my signature is deck 6 corner on NOTS and the next two are of deck 7 corner on IOTS. In additon, you might want to view Bonnie Voyager's album of voyager class aft cabins including 6688/6690 (and 6388/6390) which are equivalent to 6710/6712 (and 6410/6412) - her album will give you a better idea of how it all looks. Just keep in mind that deck 6 aft balconies are even longer on the IOTS so there is less of the empty deck space that extends beyond them.

And if you just want to see how beautiful a ship she is, here is a photo album from IOTS pre-inugural: Album part 1 - Album part 2

Enjoy your cruise!

Just do a search on webshots.

Here's an album of Freedom of the Seas, 6710:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549907364ELoELp

2431952740087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

2849358070087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

2988668350087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

2478185680087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

This is what you'll see if you lean over your railing and look left:

2750223880087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

These guys are working on the long, blank, grey expanse that is between you and the sea. The Deck 5 area (which is for crew recreation) can't even be seen in this photo, unless you know where to look - it's really not a part of your view)

2763419740087978241S600x600Q85.jpg

You Guys ROCK! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Great photos also. I will stay put and your information have defintely made me happy about my decision. Whooo Hooo IOTS...here we come.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We had room 6410 on Liberty of the Seas and no lounge chairs. We asked and we were told per Corporate offices no more lounge chairs on balconies unless it is a suite.....don't see the advantage of aft balconies now....we loved aft when we had lounge chairs.

Archived