December Weather

hnjjz

I just checked the weather for St. Thomas for the next 10 days on weather.com and it says pretty much it's going to rain everyday! Is this normal weather for St. Thomas in December? Do you just have to get lucky to be in St. Thomas on a sunny day in December? We'll be in St. Thomas on Dec. 22 and weather.com says it'll be raining in both the morning and afternoon, I guess we can cancel our beach plans :(

Don't let a long-range forecast affect your plans. I remember the forecast on Weather.com was totally off when we went on our Alaskan cruise.

And showers in the Caribbean are frequently short. You'll have a 15-minute shower and then the weather the rest of the day is beautiful.

I actually like it when I check weather.com and it calls for rain. Usually that means it will be sunny. Seriously, we have cruised 4 times in December and January and have yet to experience a total washout. The worst was a day of off and on sprinkles last December in Jamaica. Not that it doesn't rain in the Caribbean, just that short afternoon showers seem to be more common than all day soaking rains, particularly in the winter "dry" season.

I was just there last Tuesday. It rained off and on all day....mostly on. It was cool when the sun was behind clouds.....went to Magen's Bay for the day....was eaten alive by mosquitos. Still worth venturing out there....I love St Thomas but bring a sweatshirt or jacket and bug repellant.

Archived