Pools that allow Swimmers

Baxter

Hi folks,

While we have been on many cruises, we are now looking for cruises on ships that have areas for the diapered ones to play in. Can someone tell us if either Carnival Conquest or Voyager of the Seas allow swimmers in an area?

Much appreciated!

I thought any Carnival ship that had the water works area, like the Inspiration and the upcoming Dream, would also have an area for babies.

"Officially" - no. :(

Yes the area is there, yes parents allow their kids to use it, but it is still not suppose to be for "kids in diapers" because it doesn't have the special filtration systems installed to satisfy the health regulations.

So even though parents will look past the signs and let their child in the "baby pool" or "waterworks area" - the sign is still there. :(

I was hoping that Carnival would change that for the WaterWorks, but so far, they haven't.

And just to illustrate why there is always confusion when it comes to Carnival....here are pictures from my cruise last week....

Here is what most of us would consider a baby pool. Here are my kids swimming with some other children, one of those other children is wearing a diaper...

043.jpg

And this is the sign that hangs on the gate that leads into this "baby pool"

044.jpg

I like the "In case of emergency, call 911".

LOL! Me too! There are so many errors in the grammar and accuracy in that sign, too. No wonder why parents don't pay attention to it!

"Please use ladders..." What ladder?

"Shower are required..."

"The Following are strictly prohibited: ...No Smoking" So no smoking is prohibited?

Not to mention the Random Capitalization throughout The entire Sign. :D

Thanks for the picture of the sign. We are cruising on Carnival tomorrow and I was going to see how my son does in the baby pool this time. However, I guess that will have to be put on hold for another time. I know we won't be potty trained by tomorrow. On our last cruise in April, I counted six children in the main pool with diapers on. The baby pool also had children with diapers on. He loves to swim, but he probably wouldn't like the salt water anyway.

LOL! Me too! There are so many errors in the grammar and accuracy in that sign, too. No wonder why parents don't pay attention to it!

"Please use ladders..." What ladder?

"Shower are required..."

"The Following are strictly prohibited: ...No Smoking" So no smoking is prohibited?

Not to mention the Random Capitalization throughout The entire Sign. :D

'OK kids, time to go up to the pool, don't forget your cigarettes!' 'Dad! Billy took the last menthol pack! Tell him to share!'

Also, diapers prohibited... at the risk of starting a war, would that include Depends?

No diapers means for children AND adults! If you can't control your bodily functions and need a diaper, then you shouldn't be in the pool!

Even tho swim diapers may hold solids in, the water from the pool will "filter" through the diaper and enclosed solids and leach out into the water....nasty!

'OK kids, time to go up to the pool, don't forget your cigarettes!' 'Dad! Billy took the last menthol pack! Tell him to share!'

Also, diapers prohibited... at the risk of starting a war, would that include Depends?

Yep. Some cruise lines have even started wording their notices and signs to include all those who need to wear diapers (for children) and "adult incontinence products" (for the grown ups). That way there's no question that it's the incontinence that's the issue, not the children specifically.

beachchick

No diapers means for children AND adults! If you can't control your bodily functions and need a diaper, then you shouldn't be in the pool!

Even tho swim diapers may hold solids in, the water from the pool will "filter" through the diaper and enclosed solids and leach out into the water....nasty!

the teabag (poobag?) effect, yum!

I knew I saw the waterwork rules somewhere, finally found it. I wonder if they are any better - gramatically. ;)

Rules here for Imagination...

Other Kid Friendly Areas On Board:

Game room: Video games / Arcade games / Virtual reality-based games

Outdoor Play Area: Ping Pong / Miniature Golf Course / Shuffleboard

WaterWorks with waterslide (for children at least 42" tall)

Pool

Note: Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools/WaterWorks.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Facilities_FA_EC_FS_IM_SE_IS_PA_EL.htm

Nope, neither of those. :( The only ships that have baby water areas and are currently cleared for babies in diapers (by the CDC) is Disney Wonder and Magic, Royal Caribbean Freedom, Liberty, Indpendence of the Seas.

Crusinmama06, can you post or send me a picture of this area, please?

Archived