Just off Celebrity Mercury to Alaska, June 7-14

BluesCruise

The weather was fantastic. No rain, mostly sunny skies, and I only wore a long sleeve T-shirt and thin windbreaker jacket in port. I saw awesome scenery and tons of wildlife, including a black bear in Ketchikan! Luckily, I was high in a tree about to finish ziplining, when I spotted the bear crossing a clearing down below. I'm glad I planned excursions in every port (Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest in Sitka, Whale Watching and Dog Sledding in Juneau, and Ziplining in Ketchikan), because I didn't find the port cities all that interesting. Hubbard Glacier was amazing, and the ship was able to get within 3/4 mile of it, which was closer then usual. Vancouver was an interesting city, and I spent a couple of days touring there.

Cruising solo with Celebrity was a pleasure, once again. I loved the food, the service, and the intimate size of the ship. I adored my assigned tablemates, and we were often the last to leave the dining room in the evening. The entertainment was pretty good, except for a young magician who didn't really impress me. I enjoyed competing in games and trivia competitions, and the ladies won the Battle of the Sexes (of course!).

I watched the Mercury sail out on the next cruise, and I wished I was aboard for another week. This was an outstanding vacation!

The weather was fantastic. No rain, mostly sunny skies, and I only wore a long sleeve T-shirt and thin windbreaker jacket in port. I saw awesome scenery and tons of wildlife, including a black bear in Ketchikan! Luckily, I was high in a tree about to finish ziplining, when I spotted the bear crossing a clearing down below. I'm glad I planned excursions in every port (Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest in Sitka, Whale Watching and Dog Sledding in Juneau, and Ziplining in Ketchikan), because I didn't find the port cities all that interesting. Hubbard Glacier was amazing, and the ship was able to get within 3/4 mile of it, which was closer then usual. Vancouver was an interesting city, and I spent a couple of days touring there.

Cruising solo with Celebrity was a pleasure, once again. I loved the food, the service, and the intimate size of the ship. I adored my assigned tablemates, and we were often the last to leave the dining room in the evening. The entertainment was pretty good, except for a young magician who didn't really impress me. I enjoyed competing in games and trivia competitions, and the ladies won the Battle of the Sexes (of course!).

I watched the Mercury sail out on the next cruise, and I wished I was aboard for another week. This was an outstanding vacation!

Thanks for sharing your cruise highlights. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!!! How lucky you were to have such great weather.

Thanks for the review. I leave for my first solo cruise to Alaska 5 weeks from today. I am glad to hear that you got along so well with your tablemates. Dining alone is the only thing I am worried about.

Thanks for the review. I leave for my first solo cruise to Alaska 5 weeks from today. I am glad to hear that you got along so well with your tablemates. Dining alone is the only thing I am worried about.

Hi,:) what cruiseline and ship are you sailing on? One suggestion

is to request a large table for dinner. Its a great way to meet other

passengers. Usually the Maitr'ds are quite helpful with these things:)

Also, is there a roll call for your cruise? That is a good way to meet

other folks too!:)

If it ends up you don't feel comfortable at your table, go see

the Maitr'd after dinner and ask for a change. They want their

guests to be happy:D

But go with an open mind and hopefully you will have a wonderful

cruise:)

Archived