Cabins above the Bridge

iahawkize

Hi Fellow Cruisers!

On my next cruise I would like to have a room above the Bridge. On the Carnival Dream It looks like there is a public access area or a balcony there. Does Anyone have knowledge of what's there on this or ANY other Carnival Ship. You can't really see anything in the brochures or diagrams on the web. Also what type of rooms are they? Oceanview with a porthole or larger window. If there is just a door nearby for public access that's ok too.

Hi Fellow Cruisers!

On my next cruise I would like to have a room above the Bridge. On the Carnival Dream It looks like there is a public access area or a balcony there. Does Anyone have knowledge of what's there on this or ANY other Carnival Ship. You can't really see anything in the brochures or diagrams on the web. Also what type of rooms are they? Oceanview with a porthole or larger window. If there is just a door nearby for public access that's ok too.

I believe the Liberty added two suites for above the bridge (during a dry dock refurb.). There is a link of someone here with pictures of these (ID is nesmo....I think).

I was directly above the bridge, 2 decks up, on the Glory. I can tell you the best thing about those rooms is they are BIG! I could have done a cartwheel in the room and the bathroom was HUGE. It was really nice. The "deck" that goes out in front has an access door on both sides of the hall on those decks. They will lock those doors if there are high winds, but when they're open, it's a fantastic view.

The other consideration you asked about is the view. You'll have one large window, but you can't really see the water from there. You'll get daylight but will be looking out onto that walking deck. The railing is pretty high and blocks the view. How I discovered that... I didn't actually realize that there was a walking deck out there until I was changing clothes (with the window curtains wide open) and turned around to a very interested teenage boy happily watching the show!!! :eek: hahaha!!!!

All in all..... GREAT rooms! I would even pay extra for one of those rooms on future cruises.

Archived