Denali what could we do after 8 hr tour

travelnsee

We will be doing Elison shuttle fro 6 am in denali. I guess we will be done by 2.00pm. What are the things I could do after that. I will be with 9 and 12 yr old kids. I plan to stay there at night and drive next day towards Seward.

Yes my kids like hiking...we have never done white water rafting...do I have to book them in advance...I dont want to boo everything before hand not have any flexibility

If you are referring to rafting- then at least decide what kind of trip you want ahead of time. There are differences. There probably will be walk up space available.

The visitor center has activites and there are ranger programs. The sled dog demo is at 4pm.

We were wondering what to do after our tour also. We have an 11 year daughter. We've planned to do the sled dog demo and then go to the Black Diamond Resort and do their covered wagon ride which takes you for dinner. Sounds like fun and something our daughter would like.

Happy planning.

We went out to Black Diamond and had dinner in their restaurant and then ATTEMPTED to play golf. In our case, the wind was just too strong, but we had fun attempting it. They have an 18 hole mini-golf course that looked like fun had the weather been better. BTW ... the restaurant is definitely casual and kid friendly. Depending on how your day goes, the covered wagon/dinner may be too long.

I do really recommend this place, especially if you have a car. The food was some of the best we had in Alaska ... about normal priced, but very good portions. DH really enoyed the lasagne and I saw some kids really enjoying some hot dogs. The place isn't overly fancy, but we found it a good way to get "out" of glitter gulch and see something different.

IMG_1795.jpg.1f81d800af4f42640b53bca418236ee9.jpg

We liked Black Diamond as well and saw a few moose on our way in and out of there right along the road! We also climbed the little "Rock" at the Savage River stop and the kids might think that is fun! Good Luck and have a great trip.

Archived