Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure which cruise we are talking about. I'm on board the transatlantic departing Nov 9, with my "fairy princess" Lori. Both from Nashville, TN. Anyone looking for late dinner seating companions?

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone that needs any info on Malaga or Torremolinos (gay part just outside Malaga)please feel free to ask.

I live here and will be on the TA.

Paul, that's a great offer!

Lori and i are planning to spend a few days (Fri-Sun) in Barcelona prior to the TA. The "plan" at this point is to come to Malaga on Monday morning via Spanair early morning flight, or on late Sunday night. We had considered the overnight train, but thought the flights better.

Lori has never been to Europe at all and I've never been to Spain.

Any advice from you would be appreciated. Should we spend less time in Barcelona and come on down to Malaga in order to get the Gibraltar or ??? Are we safer to fly to Malaga on Sunday night rather than Monday morning?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to meeting you.

Is anyone interested in forming a group for late dinner seating?

Lori and I are not especially interested in finding ourselves at a table of four with a married, retired couple from Des Moines....as nice as Des Moines is! It's 12 nights...how much small talk can one make!

Lori loves "the gays" haha and I think we'd have much more fun with dinner if shared with folks with like interests, life experience, etc.

I'll be happy to coordinate with RCL to set it up.

David

Paul, that's a great offer!

Lori and i are planning to spend a few days (Fri-Sun) in Barcelona prior to the TA. The "plan" at this point is to come to Malaga on Monday morning via Spanair early morning flight, or on late Sunday night. We had considered the overnight train, but thought the flights better.

Lori has never been to Europe at all and I've never been to Spain.

Any advice from you would be appreciated. Should we spend less time in Barcelona and come on down to Malaga in order to get the Gibraltar or ??? Are we safer to fly to Malaga on Sunday night rather than Monday morning?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi ya.

I would def spend as much time in Barca as possible.

Its a wonderful city as soooooo much to do.

If you arrive early on the monday and say drop your bags off at the ship it is easy walking into the town.

There is an open top bus that takes about 2 hours to do a full city tour and you get to see most sights.

Its hop on hop off so if you take it get off at the Castle on the hill for a few minutes -next bus will be approx 30 min.

Also there is the Picasso Museum (he was born in Malaga) which is interesting if your arty.

Otherwise its just nice walking around the main area and old town.

Gib is a good 2 hour drive away and I do not think there is a tour there on Sundays ,also most of Gib is closed on Sundays.

November is very quite here and sundays there is not much happening as everyone is recovering from Saturday night.

Bars here don't get going till around 11pm.

The taxi fare from the airport is around 20-25 euros and take 20-30 min depending on the traffic.

Just a word of warning re Barca.

Take out only the money you may need.

Try not to carry a wallet or purse-place money in your front pockets.

Pick pockets are everywhere.

Hope this helps a little.

Have a great weekend

Paul

Is anyone interested in forming a group for late dinner seating?

Lori and I are not especially interested in finding ourselves at a table of four with a married, retired couple from Des Moines....as nice as Des Moines is! It's 12 nights...how much small talk can one make!

Lori loves "the gays" haha and I think we'd have much more fun with dinner if shared with folks with like interests, life experience, etc.

I'll be happy to coordinate with RCL to set it up.

David

Hi again.

Graham and I would be happy to join you and Lori at late sitting (which we already have arranged)

Regards

Paul

Hi again.

Graham and I would be happy to join you and Lori at late sitting (which we already have arranged)

Regards

Paul

Great! I'll wait a bit to see if others join in before requesting through RCL.

Are you are Diamond Level with RCL. There is the Diamond "reception" each night which we'll probabably go to...for the free wine :)

D

Hi ya.

I would def spend as much time in Barca as possible.

Its a wonderful city as soooooo much to do.

Paul

Great help thanks!

So you think we're OK to fly from Barca on Monday morning with no delays, etc.? I usually try to be in the port city the night before just to be SURE I'm there. But it sounds like it should be fine to fly in on Monday morning should we choose.

We're in an inside at this point, which has been fine on shorter cruises. Balcony guarantees are available still and I'm considering....but.

Will it be the starboard side that gets most of the sun on this cruise? If so, I'm thinking we'd prefer port side to avoid early morning sun and hotter afternoons.

Any opinions?

David

Great! I'll wait a bit to see if others join in before requesting through RCL.

Are you are Diamond Level with RCL. There is the Diamond "reception" each night which we'll probabably go to...for the free wine :)

D

Great idea to wait for a while-Let me know if you need any details.:)

No such luck for us-its our 2nd on RC but we could always give you a bottle to fill for later LOL.

We are booking a wine package so maybe we could catch you up during dinner.:p

There should be no problem with early flights from Barca.

I have flown Span several times with no problem and all on time.

sandbox,

Thanks for some info. about Malaga. We just booked this cruise and have no idea what to expect in those ports. It's good to know there's a hop-on-hop-off tour bus that we can take while in town. Although we'll arrive in Malaga on Sunday afternoon, I'm not sure how much energy we'll have left after a 20+ hour trip. At this time, we need to find a place to stay in Malaga first.

Do you know if it is convenient to take to downtown from the airport; and what's the cost? Barcelo Hotel is just across from the train station.

NashDB,

The port side faces south on the westbound TA, which will be sunnier than the starboard side. Last year, our neighbour happend to be the family. They found a good deal and decided to upgrade their inside cabin to balcony. Maybe we'll be neighbours this time. ;) Also, I heard that Diamond Lounge is very popular. We'll need a few more TAs to reach that level.

Jerry

sandbox,

Thanks for some info. about Malaga. We just booked this cruise and have no idea what to expect in those ports. It's good to know there's a hop-on-hop-off tour bus that we can take while in town. Although we'll arrive in Malaga on Sunday afternoon, I'm not sure how much energy we'll have left after a 20+ hour trip. At this time, we need to find a place to stay in Malaga first.

Do you know if it is convenient to take to downtown from the airport; and what's the cost? Barcelo Hotel is just across from the train station.

You must buy a ticket from the machine at the platform before boarding-if no change it take 5 and 10 euro notes.

NashDB,

The port side faces south on the westbound TA, which will be sunnier than the starboard side. Last year, our neighbour happend to be the family. They found a good deal and decided to upgrade their inside cabin to balcony. Maybe we'll be neighbours this time. ;) Also, I heard that Diamond Lounge is very popular. We'll need a few more TAs to reach that level.

Jerry

Here is a link for the Hop on Hop off bus with the detail and pictures.

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/index.phtml?command=search&clear-search=true&destinations=malaga

A taxi from the Airport to your hotel should be around 15 euros -maybe 20 as they are now adding a tax on any taxi leaving the airport.

There is a train link from the airport and costs about 1.50 its cheap and will take about 15 minutes.

Good hotel you have picked there.

Its about a 10 min walk into the main area.

NashDB the port or left side of the ship should be the sunny side.

Now feeling stupid.....I meant Port side will be sunnier. Remember learning Port and Left both have four letters....but somehow I get dyslexic when I say or type directions....TMI!!!

Thanks for all the clarifications though!

Great idea to wait for a while-Let me know if you need any details.:)

No such luck for us-its our 2nd on RC but we could always give you a bottle to fill for later LOL.

We are booking a wine package so maybe we could catch you up during dinner.:p

There should be no problem with early flights from Barca.

I have flown Span several times with no problem and all on time.

Great news...thanks!

NashDB,

Jerry

Sounds like you have good luck! I hear that TA's are popular with "family" so we'll see! What cabin are you in? Maybe we can take the luck out of it and book it! We're in 9533 at the moment. Lori and I are going to talk about the upgrade tonight since the final payment is due.

Let me know if you'd like to join "Sandbox" and us at dinner. Working to get a congenial table together.

Archived