Purse/Wristlet/Bag Question

I recently got off a cruise. It was the first time that I needed to carry an ID and I couldn't just put my bag in the corner (like I did in the teen clubs since it is safe in there). On the first night, I used a Vera Bradley small ID case with a ring. It was not fun dancing with that ring around my finger (hahaha) and I was in a dress so no pockets. The second night, I wore shorts and put the cards in my pockets. This time, it was very uncomfortable and kept thinking I was going to lose them. On the last night, I brought a wristlet. That was way to big and I couldn't move my arm! So, I wanted to know if anyone knows of any bags/containers or anything else that I could use that I would be able to dance with and not feel uncomfortable and not lose my things!

Thanks so much!

I usually carry a small (and I mean small!) shoulder bag with a short strap---then I can have my ship card, comb, lipstick, etc....and when dancing, if I don't leave it at the table, it can hang on my shoulder while I dance. Because it's so small, it's not cumbersome or in the way. I would HATE to have something hanging off my arm that's not jewelry!

Since there's nothing of great value in the bag, while on the ship, I don't mind leaving it at the table/chair while I'm on the dance floor!

Hello ,

If you are looking for a wristlet you should try N Y and Co if you have one near you. They have different colors and textures and they work very well. I bought one for my last cruise and they are about 14.95 or less if they have a sale.

Hve a great day,

Mary

I recently got off a cruise. It was the first time that I needed to carry an ID and I couldn't just put my bag in the corner (like I did in the teen clubs since it is safe in there). On the first night, I used a Vera Bradley small ID case with a ring. It was not fun dancing with that ring around my finger (hahaha) and I was in a dress so no pockets. The second night, I wore shorts and put the cards in my pockets. This time, it was very uncomfortable and kept thinking I was going to lose them. On the last night, I brought a wristlet. That was way to big and I couldn't move my arm! So, I wanted to know if anyone knows of any bags/containers or anything else that I could use that I would be able to dance with and not feel uncomfortable and not lose my things!

Thanks so much!

If you are just looking for something for your key card or ID, have you thought about a beaded lanyard with a plastic holder for your ID? DD and I use them for our key card. I punch a hole in the key card and attach it to the lanyard. No need to carry it or worry about losing it and you can get some very nice looking beaded ones off of e-bay.

A couple of cruises ago, I bought two wristlets (one black and one tan) at the Coach outlet. Besides my cruise card, it hold a tissue or two and my lipstick. I love them so much I use them at home as well when I go out to dinner with DH. Personally, I don't think a lanyard goes very well with clothes one wears to go dancing.

my wristlet fits in the palm of my hand. I have a couple from Dooney, I use the flap wristlet style. I put my ID and some money (for ports) in an id holder, stick it in the bag with a lipstick, cell phone and a couple hard candies and I'm good to go. If I stick my phone in my pocket, my camera fits in it. Before folks wonder why I'm carrying round my cell phone ... I disable the wireless and use the clock/alarm function since I don't wear a watch. :D

Archived