How rough right now??

PZetz

Anyone back this week care to comment on the roughness of the seas? I will be leaving out of Seattle this weekend and expect some movement during the beginning and ending of the cruise. Just was wondering if I ought to throw in some "extra" Bonine! :)

I think it depends on the ship and which route it takes. The seas were fairly calm last week for us but we were on a much smaller ship (Less than 60,000 gt) and I felt it more - so I wore a scope patch the whole time for piece of mind. If you tend to get seasick, bring the extra. It can't hurt to have it, especially since the open doctors hours are never when you need them. And if you call down to say you are throwing up, they will immediately think it's noro and quarantine you.

Anyone back this week care to comment on the roughness of the seas? I will be leaving out of Seattle this weekend and expect some movement during the beginning and ending of the cruise. Just was wondering if I ought to throw in some "extra" Bonine! :)

What it is today is not what it may be 2 hrs from now. Flip a coin, throw darts...either is more predictable than sea conditions when you sail.

Plan on rough seas and be prepared to be wrong... ;)

We sailed on the Amsterdam R/T Seattle the first week in June. My wife spent most of Sunday and Monday morning in bed due to the sea conditions.

They had the little white bags out at the elevators, too.

Anytime you sail around Vancouver Island, and then from Hubbard Glacier to Sitka, you can experience some choppy waters. What really determines how the ship reacts is at what angle the waves are hitting the ship.

We are just back Sunday from NCL Pearl RT from Seattle- waves were very calm and flat most of the week with some small waves on the way back. Hubby and I chatted with one of the ships' officers and he said it had been "pond like" for several weeks RT but of course that could change! Also, not certain if it makes a difference but Seattle weather channel was talking up the lack of rain for 20+ days!

It could as rough as heck today and flat as a pancake tomorrow or visa versa; you just can't predict based on someone elses cruise. It should be flatening out on the west side of Vancouver Island shortly but you just never know when there is going to be a storm...the north Pacific is a pretty big place.

It looks like the seas are around 9 ft now. Will be around 20 feet coming home. take a look at surf forcasts. On some of my Alaska cruises I have seen 30+ ft waves and at other times flat calm.

http://www.stormsurf.com/4cast/mht/glob.html

Archived