Is the Cunard Website Deck Plan Wrong?

Britcruiser81

On the UK cunard.co.uk I am looking at the deck plan for deck 8. I am thinking of booking a B5 or B6 osbstructed view cabin for the Christmas Cruise.

On the deckplan the key to the colour on the left hand side says that all these cabins are A grades.

Strangley enough I cannot find any B5 or B6's anywhere on these deckplans. Can someone assist.

Also, if you are able to recommend a good cabin on this deck (if it turns out this is a mistake and they are in fact B5 & B6 cabins).

Thanks

On the UK cunard.co.uk I am looking at the deck plan for deck 8. I am thinking of booking a B5 or B6 osbstructed view cabin for the Christmas Cruise.

On the deckplan the key to the colour on the left hand side says that all these cabins are A grades.

Strangley enough I cannot find any B5 or B6's anywhere on these deckplans. Can someone assist.

Also, if you are able to recommend a good cabin on this deck (if it turns out this is a mistake and they are in fact B5 & B6 cabins).

Thanks

I think the B5 and B6 cabins have been regraded as A's. I am sure I read it somewhere on here, but not sure where. I hope that helps

I think the B5 and B6 cabins have been regraded as A's. I am sure I read it somewhere on here, but not sure where. I hope that helps

Your right, I am sure I read this as well, its a good deck, we had 8049 which had the small sea craft thing in front of it, very nice.

Thanks

The deck plan for the QM2 I am looking at here

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QMary2_2007_Flash/fullscreen.html

shows B5 and B6 cabins on deck 8. B5's are in pale green and B6 are in pale yellow. The A3 cabins are in a darker green.

Stephen, you are correct--they have changed the classifications for some of the cabins and apparently have not updated the deck plans to reflect the changes.

Babette can probably best answer this but it's too early in the a.m. for her.;)

Stephen, you are correct--they have changed the classifications for some of the cabins and apparently have not updated the deck plans to reflect the changes.

Babette can probably best answer this but it's too early in the a.m. for her.;)

Like I say in my post above yours, I can see the B5 and B6 cabins on the Cunard deck 8 plan.

Like I say in my post above yours, I can see the B5 and B6 cabins on the Cunard deck 8 plan.

Some of those have been changed to A class cabins--I was in a B5 on Deck 8 in January and it has been changed to an A but I can't remember which A class. Are you looking at the website or a brochure?

Some of those have been changed to A class cabins--I was in a B5 on Deck 8 in January and it has been changed to an A but I can't remember which A class. Are you looking at the website or a brochure?

The website. This shows the key with B5 and B6 cabins and the different colours.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QMary2_2007_Flash/fullscreen.html

This shows the different cabin colours but not the key

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QMary2_2007_Flash/enlarge/deck8.asp

It looks like my deck plans are out of date (I had an old link saved on my computer). Looking at the new deck plans, they are all now A cabins as you rightly say.

Apologies.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/QMary2_2008_Flash/fullscreen.html

No apologies necessary but thank you--it is confusing! When I booked a trip a couple of weeks ago, the site had not been updated and believe me, I was very confused!:)

No apologies necessary but thank you--it is confusing! When I booked a trip a couple of weeks ago, the site had not been updated and believe me, I was very confused!:)

Two things.

First, it seems idiotic of Cunard to update the deck plans and not show "befores" and "afters" (as other lines do when they are doing extensive drydock reconfigs.). They are now selling voyages that do not correspond to the plans on-line.

Second, do they really think someone will pay more for an obstructed balcony on 8 with a "glass front" as opposed to a sheltered on 5?? Is this really going to happen, or did they simply want all B's lower than A's on the deck plan and they will continue to price as in the past??

Not to bring up another contentious thread, but what are they smoking?!?

There are 4 new B5 cabins.. located all the way aft on 4 Deck. These are noisy cabins.

The previous obstructed view balcony cabins (B5) on Deck 8 have been reclassified to Cat A4.

It'a just plain stupid, but that's shoreside for you.

So now the obstructed view deck 8 cabins cost more than the in-hull cabins. I would not pay more for an obstructed view than an in-hull, but Cunard now thinks people will.

You are right--this is why I've booked an in-hull next time around instead of one of the former B5's.

It is quite a contriversy

I think Cunard thinks they are more like the a1-3, and the views from the obstructed cabins are not that bad. But you don't see the ocean that well. But the obstructed cabins are in a good loacation. I think in hull and obstructed cabins should be the same price.

Archived