Tips for Avoiding White Deodorant Residue

Winch

Does anyone know how to prevent white deodorant residue on dark clothing? This is a real problem on black formal wear. I figured if I couldn't get an answer here, I'd never get one.

Buy one of the deo's that specifically marketing "no white marks" there are quite a few available now - I use one from the Dove range called "invisible dry" and it does not leave any marks at all.

Alternatively put your deo on after putting on your garment if thats possible - depends on the garment I guess.

...but I've found that the "little black dress" deoderants and those marketed as not leaving white marks don't work. Maybe I'm using too much, or putting my clothing on too soon after applying.

I've just gotten very creative at getting my clothing on without having it touch my armpits. :o

The ones that say they don't leave marks not only DO leave marks for me, they don't work well for me. I have to use the clinical strength ones and even then it's not strong enough. I found for me I put it on and then wait 5-10+ minutes. I put on makeup and other things during this time. Then if it's a dark item of clothing I take a dry washcloth and pat my underarms to get off any excess. Works fairly well for me

Some deodorants say they're "little black dress safe". You can try one of those. :rolleyes:

That one is Degree and it works great! I wear it with black all the time with no problems. It is the only one I have tried that really doesn't leave white marks.

Doctors recommend putting on your deodorant before bed...you won't have a problem. It sinks into your pores during the night and works better. I use Mitchum gel before bed and never have a problem.

I've used Ban rollon for years and don't have any marks, white or otherwise on my clothing at all. My kids use other brands, they keep trying new ones and have just the opposite problem, white and yellow residue on everything, not just black clothing.

I put it on after my shower in the morning, it dries long before I get dressed.

Doctors recommend putting on your deodorant before bed...you won't have a problem. It sinks into your pores during the night and works better. I use Mitchum gel before bed and never have a problem.

Really?:eek:that sounds odd to me. I shower every morning so wouldn't

it come off after that?...plus, I feel weird if I don't put on deordant

after my shower.

I use Almay gel deodorant because others make me itch. It never leaves marks. I use the smallest amt possible. When I wear sleeveless outfits, I put the deodorant on after I dress. With other deodorants, I noticed that the marks come off easily with water on a washcloth, though.

I take a top and fold up a few inches at the bottom (so the inside of the clothing is showing). Then I put the top on and unfold the bottom. Any deoderant or powder residue is on the inside of the fabric.

Really?:eek:that sounds odd to me. I shower every morning so wouldn't

it come off after that?...plus, I feel weird if I don't put on deordant

after my shower.

Supposedly, antiperspirant (not deodorant) doesn't work as well if the skin is at all damp.

Does anyone know how to prevent white deodorant residue on dark clothing? This is a real problem on black formal wear. I figured if I couldn't get an answer here, I'd never get one.

Go to hollywoodfashiontape.com and buy a Hollywood square. Works great! All sorts of cool things to buy on that site.

Shawn

I learned years ago that if you do get the white deodorant streaks on your clothes, use a pair of pantyhose to rub the streaks out. I was skeptical when my friend told me this, but it works great!

I agree. This works great!! Any kind of hosery works (knee highs, panty hose, etc.) It's amazing how fast it takes the white right off clothes. Its like a magic eraser for white deodorant marks.

I started buying Secret Clinical strength last year, and the directions say to apply it before bed. They state that the product is more effective if it has more time to get into your pores. My problem is, I almost always forget to apply it before bed, having been putting it on after my shower for 20+ years!

Archived