Ruby Princess cabins R750 and R751

Spender Nui

I've been looking for information and pictures and have found very little.

A major concern ... Is the balcony covered? Sensitive to sun. Spending too much time with the dermatologist.

Pictures would be great.

All help would be appreciated.

I've been trying to get photos of the Ruby R751 balcony for months now and haven't seen anything definitive about how much covering it has.

The best info I can come up with is that I think there is a little overhang, but it's not completely covered. The only photos I've seen have been on the "Ultimate Aft Thread", but you can't really tell much about them. I hope somebody with more knowledge than me responds to this thread!!

It looks like we're in the same boat (oops, that wasn't intended). I tend to think as you do, that there is some covering but I just can't be sure. I guess it's possible that they're completely open as some of the other Princess balconies.

Let's hope someone will be able to help us out.

• 1 month later...
Someone must have some current info and pics on these new aft cabins that are only available on the Ruby. We love Princess grand aft cabins and have R751 booked for the Eastern Caribbean Voyager in Feb.

I've been pleading for info on this cabin for months. I'd love for someone to lean out from the Terrace Pool and take some pics from above. We've got this same cabin booked in January. If we don't get any info before then, I'll post pics as soon as we get back. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long!!

I know there are several of us that have these new cabins booked and .... just thought I would post so that the thread would come back to the first page and just hope someone will have some actual new info and pics.

We are just curious on the balcony and room layout of these new balcony cabins. On Ruby's sister ships, these cabins are just oceanview with portholes. We have been lucky enough in the past to have had other BB aft cabins and were just wondering if there was any difference.

I can tell you that I have seen a photo of the inside of R751 and there is no difference in the actual cabin layout. It is just like a standard balcony cabin.

The only thing I'm curious about is the balcony. The Diamond actually has these rooms as aft balconies but the balconies are cut into the hull of the ship. We had one of these cabins on our Hawaiian cruise and it was wonderful. The balcony was actually a bit larger than the standard, but I am pretty sure the ones on Ruby are going to be a bit smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother and his wife have this cabin booked as well. It was the last aft balcony. Am I to assume that if you can take pics of it from the Terrace Pool, that it means there is not a whole lot of privacy? I've also wondered about noise from the pool. I talked them into this cabin so they could have an aft cabin, I hope I didn't lead them astray! But as said earlier, it's a blacony, aft, and floating in the middle of the caribbean...how could it be bad??? Plus, this is their first balcony cabin! At any rate, I would also like to see pictures!

My brother and his wife have this cabin booked as well. It was the last aft balcony. Am I to assume that if you can take pics of it from the Terrace Pool, that it means there is not a whole lot of privacy? I've also wondered about noise from the pool. I talked them into this cabin so they could have an aft cabin, I hope I didn't lead them astray! But as said earlier, it's a blacony, aft, and floating in the middle of the caribbean...how could it be bad??? Plus, this is their first balcony cabin! At any rate, I would also like to see pictures!

From the information I have been able to gather I don't think these balconies are completely covered. I believe there is some overhang, but I have no idea how much. I think the two on the outside will afford a little more privacy than the two on the inside, but the balcony is smaller. I wouldn't worry about noise from the Terrace pool since it is an adults only pool. I wish I could be more help.

I am anxiously awaiting Radtech's return at the end of October and hope she can fill us all in. (Sorry Rad for wishing your cruise over:o)

I just now saw this thread, but I can offer one bit of information about these cabins. The door to the Terrace Deck slams constantly throughout the day as people go in and out, and these cabins are loud. DH and I were on B2B cruises on the Emerald (twin sister ship) last January and on turnaround day we went through a little exercise where I would open and close the back door while he stayed in the cabin. For the two on the back of the ship, the first balcony going up the side, and all the back 3 inside cabins, the noise was VERY noticable; and, in fact, the walls of hte cabin would shake in some of them. I know the wake view is appealing, but I cannot recommend these cabins.

One CC member, Palolake, was in R751, and she wrote a view comments on my LIVE FROM thread, (#175) that will give you some more information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=903225&page=5

I'll add this pic to the discussion. It's not the best, but I had cropped it from another pic of the entire stern. It does look like these balconies are smaller than the similarly located aft balconies on Diamond/Sapphire, which can hold a lounger as well as the table and chairs.

ruby05.jpg