Cabin change AFTER documents arrived

I was able to get a JS, but my documents came before the change. My luggage tags are now wrong. Do I just make/ask for new ones when we get to the Port? (Baltimore) Alter the incorrect ones?

We just got back yesterday from the Freedom and had the same issue. I put a white sticker over the cabin number and wrote the new one on in black marker. I blacked out the bar code also. Our luggage was there as early, if not earlier, than everyone we were with so it worked fine.

I was able to get a JS, but my documents came before the change. My luggage tags are now wrong. Do I just make/ask for new ones when we get to the Port? (Baltimore) Alter the incorrect ones?

You can do that. The porters have blank tags for those in your situation or you can do what I do.

Make yourself a sticker with the correct cabin and put it over the old cabin number.

I use Arial narrow 48 for the first two numbers and 36 for the last two. matches great.

You can do that. The porters have blank tags for those in your situation or you can do what I do.

Make yourself a sticker with the correct cabin and put it over the old cabin number.

I use Arial narrow 48 for the first two numbers and 36 for the last two. matches great.

My tags also have C-3 AFT-D. Is this the deck level and side? Do I blacken that part out?

My tags also have C-3 AFT-D. Is this the deck level and side? Do I blacken that part out?

I myself wouldn't bother with any of that and just let the porters take care of it when you get there. Seems the safer route.

yes, just cover it all up.

Just for the heck of it, I would bring to the attention of the porter at the pier just to make sure they are ok with what was done.

I've done it 3 times and never had a problem

The blanks you get at the pier don't list any floor on them.

Have done this numerous times and never had a problem. As mentioned above, just cover the old info with white labels and write on with a Sharpie the new cabin, it's easier than filling out new tags at the terminal.

OK, along these lines I have a question -- I just downgraded from a JS to two guaranteed balconies. I had the docs for the JS.

Will I get new docs? And if anyone's done a guarantee, do you get your assignment before showing up in person?!

Thanks!

~gigi

OK, along these lines I have a question -- I just downgraded from a JS to two guaranteed balconies. I had the docs for the JS.

Will I get new docs? And if anyone's done a guarantee, do you get your assignment before showing up in person?!

Thanks!

~gigi

You will probably get Edocs, but little is different from what you already have and you don't use them to board anyway.

Make sure you do your online check in. That is your ticket. Print it and bring.

Your cabin number will be there if assigned. Keep checking if it's not. Should be any day.

You will probably get Edocs, but little is different from what you already have and you don't use them to board anyway.

Your cabin number will be there if assigned. Keep checking if it's not. Should be any day.

Thank you for your answer! Will do :)

~gigi

Don't put the incorrect tags on your luggage. The porters have blank tags that the correct number can be written on and placed on your bags. It's not a big deal and you're luggage will find you without issue.

We upgraded once after final payment and cruise docs had been generated. We left the old tags in the book and let the porter take care of the new tags.

Don't put the incorrect tags on your luggage. The porters have blank tags that the correct number can be written on and placed on your bags. It's not a big deal and you're luggage will find you without issue.

We upgraded once after final payment and cruise docs had been generated. We left the old tags in the book and let the porter take care of the new tags.

If you print out a label with the correct stateroom number on it and stick it over the old number, it is not incorrect anymore.

It's what customer service tells you to do also.

Happened to us once. DO not put any tags on and then cross out. They will see the color and not look at the cross outs. The porters, as stated already have blank ones that they will fill out for you.

What does the color have to do with your cabin number?

You were correct indeed about getting our assigned cabin any day...! I got my room assignments today (just downgraded to guarantee yesterday) and am thrilled that both of them are not only on the same deck (9) but only a few doors away from each other. Very happy :D

Now to complete online check-in -- gotta go dig out the passports from the safe!

Thanks again,

~gigi

You were correct indeed about getting our assigned cabin any day...! I got my room assignments today (just downgraded to guarantee yesterday) and am thrilled that both of them are not only on the same deck (9) but only a few doors away from each other. Very happy :D

Now to complete online check-in -- gotta go dig out the passports from the safe!

Thanks again,

~gigi

Good for you.

Have a great time!

Happened to us once. DO not put any tags on and then cross out. They will see the color and not look at the cross outs. The porters, as stated already have blank ones that they will fill out for you.

Color of luggage tag is the same for all embarkation tags. The crew goes by cabin number and to a lessor amount by quadrant/sextant location which is as follows

A is front starboard

B is front port

C is rear starboard

D is rear port

Number following letter is the deck your cabin is on.

So a D9 is rear port side deck nine cabin.

We changed our cabin after we got our mailed documents for our last cruise and we simply blacked out the old cabin number and added white sticker overtop with new cabin number and quadrant/sextant location and had no problems.

Blacken everything out. Some of that info is to help the porters load the luggage into the right bins at the appropriate change stations along the way. If you need to change the room #, it is better that all that info is removed or it might mislead someone and your bags could end up in all sorts of places.

We actually had a similar situation and did not even bother putting those tags on. Just waited for the porter at the pier to give us blanks and wrote the room numbers on them.

Archived