Hotel Help in Seattle

BlackJack2

a little pricy now..but, if you don t have a car and just staying the night..there s the Marriott across the street from Pier 66 & Anthony s..and

The Edgewater is right next door at Pier 67..

both are great places to stay if you don t have a car..

Seattle resident here....

Mayflower park is nice and close to shopping and downtown. Red Lion is a good location too but a bit dog eared in the public areas. The Westin is "Seattle's Front Door" by their own literature and is always consistently clean and professional. There are mass transit options out the front enterance. If your leaving from Pier 66 the Edgewater and Marriott waterfront are only yards away from debark. If your leaving from Pier 90 there are no close Hotels. You might also consider the Inn at the Market or the "W" if upscale is your taste. The Fairmont is a great "Old World Charm" hotel.

edmunson-what do you mean about the westin being "seattle's front door". Is that a good thing or a bad thing? We're staying there 2 nights pre-cruise in Sept. and were just wondering if maybe we had made a bad decision:)

Thanks, Shelly

I love that we have "inside" help here on Cruise Critic.

I can use a little advice now. We are staying in Seattle for one night and don't know which area is good. I've researched other travel websites until I was blue in the face, confused and losing sleep. So I turn to the experts here:

We were thinking of a plce near Pike Place Market. Are there restaurants to visit and other sites to see nearby as the Market does not stay open late or would we be better served to stay elsewhere? We don't need to be by the pier.

Thanks.

The downtown core of Seattle is only about 10 square blocks, with the Market on the west side and the main shopping area on the east (centered around 6th and Pine). So anywhere in the downtown core will be within close walking distance of the Market and any number of good restaurants, the art museum, Pioneer Square, etc.

When my daughter was visiting from San Diego, she stayed at the Alexis for a couple of nights. It is a very nice boutique hotel. There are 3 Kimpton properties in Seattle if you like the boutique style, rather than the big chains.

Where to stay in Seattle? Deciding between the Westin, Red Lion on 5th, or the Mayflower Park Hotel. Any reviews or opinions on these hotels would be greatly appreciated.

They are all in the same general location close to shopping, Pike Place Market and lots of places to eat. If I had to chose I would go with the Mayflower Park Hotel. I know lots of people that have stayed there and no of them have had anything negative to say.

I love that we have "inside" help here on Cruise Critic.

I can use a little advice now. We are staying in Seattle for one night and don't know which area is good. I've researched other travel websites until I was blue in the face, confused and losing sleep. So I turn to the experts here:

We were thinking of a plce near Pike Place Market. Are there restaurants to visit and other sites to see nearby as the Market does not stay open late or would we be better served to stay elsewhere? We don't need to be by the pier.

Thanks.

The area I usually stay in when I visit this city south of me is Bellevue. It's a really nice neighborhood with good shopping and family friendly. Lots of good hotels in the area as well. Good luck with your choices

I have been to Seattle 3 times with my 4th visit coming up in

September:D

First stay was at the Renassiance

2nd was at the Radisson at the airport

3rd was at the Westin

This time is Westin too.

I got all 4 places on either Priceline or Hotwire and was pleased

with all 4.

Stayed at the airport because on that trip my flight arrived very

late pre-cruise.

The other times I wanted to be downtown. I liked the Renassiance

but it was not as centrally located as the Westin.

Have a wonderful time, wherever you decide to stay:)

I LOVE SEATTLE!:D

Does anyone have recommendations about the location of Hilton Family hotels? (Hampton Inn, Hilton Gardens, Embassy Suites, Doubletree). We have Hilton Honor points to stay free. We weren't planning to rent a car so we want a hotel within walking distance to the sites and restaurants.

thanks for your help

When the President comes to Seattle, he stays at the Westin.

And when 500 Farmers Insurance agents come to Seattle, they stay at the Westin. (this week)

Had to throw that one in. :)

When I go to Seattle, I stay at the Westin. Lots of food within blocks - a mall kitty-corner. I'm looking forward to eating at Serious Pie and Top Pot Doughnuts.

We are considering taking the Airporter shuttle from SeaTac to our hotel, the Westin downtown.

Does the shuttle bus stop directly infront of the Westin, or do you have to walk a way to the hotel pulling your luggage? We are capable of doing this, but prefer not to walk along the sidewalk with luggage.

Or, should we take a limo? (both senior citizens).

Homewood Suites on western is closer to Pike market and peer 66 and 91.

Closer to the piers, yes, but not to the Market and other sights, restaurants, etc in the center of downtown. I was curious so I mapquested the two locations, and the Homewood Suites on Pike is .56 miles to the Market, whereas the one on Western is 1.46 miles.

We are considering taking the Airporter shuttle from SeaTac to our hotel, the Westin downtown.

Does the shuttle bus stop directly infront of the Westin, or do you have to walk a way to the hotel pulling your luggage? We are capable of doing this, but prefer not to walk along the sidewalk with luggage.

Or, should we take a limo? (both senior citizens).

Hi again Grace:)there is an entrance from the back of the

hotel and that is where the bus stops. You will only have to walk

inside and take the elevators up one floor to the regular lobby.

A limo is certainly a wonderful thing:Djust depends on how much

money you want to spend;).

Cruising Again, isn't the Homewood Suites also a Hilton property? If so the Homewood Suites on Pike has a decent downtown location (better IMO than the one on Western).

Why?? Just wondering. We have reservations for the Homewood on Western next week because we couldn't get the Homewood on Pike (with points). We will have two 17 yr olds with us. What's near enough for us to walk or will we need to get a cab? Also, do you know how far the Amtrak station is from the Western location? We will be taking Amtrak to Vancouver the next morning.

Archived